IGNORED

The current state of Xltronic

scumtron

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol, those two gentlemen are 'Equine Entrepreneurs' indeed. I was thinking the whole time 'there is no Mrs. Horse-rides-in-the-car, is there?' and him tucking the horse into bed really drove that home that he is indeed alone in life.

second viewing, why the fuck are they are feeding their horse fast-food meat, I am no biologist, but I have never seen a horse hunt down prey and feast on flesh...

I don't know why everybody went so crazy about the horse meat. Horse meat is yummy. Rare horse steak, ooh. :closedeyes:

I dunno, i had a horse cheeseburger some restaurant was doing during the scandal, didnt enjoy it very much. the flavour was kind of stringy and intense, and it wasnt very juicy.

I don't know why everybody went so crazy about the horse meat. Horse meat is yummy. Rare horse steak, ooh. :closedeyes:

I think the main reason beyond the obvious shock was that it showed that the supply chain for meat in europe was a murky and corrupt thing and that you couldn't trust what you were putting in your mouth anymore.

I dunno, i had a horse cheeseburger some restaurant was doing during the scandal, didnt enjoy it very much. the flavour was kind of stringy and intense, and it wasnt very juicy.

Maybe it was some old workhorse or donkey that got killed off from Romania, as so many were after horse and carts were banned from many roads there, and not some prime young horsey.

fair enough. I spose i should have guessed that given that a cheap and disreputable restaurant wouldn't have a menu item at least openly listing horsemeat as an ingredient. pheh.

xlt is like the hard part of town, full of drugged-out whores and wannabe gangstaz, except everyone is surrounded by a shatterproof glass cage. And then you go there for tours and every now and then see some nice graffiti. Despite being not-so-sunny, one point of xlt for me is that it's part of the "underground electronicaz communitiez" that has to be acknowledged.

In the 90's, I thought everyone who listened to IDM/electronica/whatevz was intelligent and interesting. It turns out that people with good music taste can also be fucked up assholes with mental problems.

Also, xlt is uncensored, and there is a nice feeling of "truth" that comes with that. Like I'm experiencing a more real part of humanity or something...

WATMM is fun, but clean. How common is it at WATMM for someone to just yell out, "I'M A FUCKING ASSHOLE LOSER WITH NO LIFE!!!!! I HATE MYSELF!!!!!"... That is what xlt is yelling 21% of the time.

If ya can't be proud to be a genius or average, then be proud to be fucking retarded, I guess...

Guest Xanthos

It devolved into a cesspool circlejerk filled with off topic shitposting. Def not the first time I see it happening to a community.

Xlt is how Travis Bickle describes the New York streets at night. Filled with scum, dopers, junkies, buggers, fairies, cunts, dogs, filth, shit, skunk pussies and stretched anus'. One day a real rain will come and wash all that scum off the street.

Fuck yes - had basashi in Kumamoto last time I was in Japan. Delicious!!!!

No, xltronic is the result when you let the lunatics run the asylum.

FYI - Phobiazero has not pledged in the Kickstarter - I wonder what happened to him?

Because he's selling it and the money he will get from it will be for the return of grorious zilty!

• 3 months later...

I'm an xlt refugee (unrelated username) and have always been sad about its demise. At its peak, it was a great resource for new music, and additionally fun to hang out in.

There are many reasons for the demise:

I think phobia is partly to blame:

* phobia has always had a strange vision for what it should be; at various times he would post delusions of major grandeur, having red carpets and "IDM VIPs" posting mixes, etc.

* phobia's strange vision caused him to make very questionable choices. A notable one was the banning craze that happened some years back ("Jedi Chris" was a big part of this). Many good members left and posting strongly eroded after that point.

* since then, phobia's also done strange things to try to get money out of the site, for instance the whole "dubturbo" incident.

* overall, xlt had a certain style and he never seemed to get it.

beyond phobia:

* lots of the most popular artists slowed down.

* xlt, due partly to internet/website trends but also to the lack of interest in many new music trends within the community, failed to pick up new members. (I think the average old school poster that still returns to xlt is much older than the average age here.)

I'm sure there are many other reasons but I think these are the main ones. They all sort of merged together into a clusterfuck of killing the site. Old members do lurk and sometimes post, but as there is (a) not much interest in new music, (b) all the BS posts, © lots of other life responsibilities (kids etc), (d) none of the old friends around, there isn't much attraction...

EDIT: let me also say: in general, tracking the popularity of websites is sticky business. I.e., compare various reddit music subreddits, 4chan's /mu/ , this place, etc.

I joined XLT back in its aphextwin.nu days, in 2002. I remember hearing about WATMM back then but never bothered until two years ago. Looking at it now, no one would ever guess that there was actually some semblance of order back then. Several of us came here from there I realize.

It has the same poopy brown colour it did back then, but now it's basically total feces. You pretty much summed up its demise, Conjugacy.

I'm an xlt refugee (unrelated username) and have always been sad about its demise. At its peak, it was a great resource for new music, and additionally fun to hang out in.

There are many reasons for the demise:

I think phobia is partly to blame:

* phobia has always had a strange vision for what it should be; at various times he would post delusions of major grandeur, having red carpets and "IDM VIPs" posting mixes, etc.

* phobia's strange vision caused him to make very questionable choices. A notable one was the banning craze that happened some years back ("Jedi Chris" was a big part of this). Many good members left and posting strongly eroded after that point.

* since then, phobia's also done strange things to try to get money out of the site, for instance the whole "dubturbo" incident.

* overall, xlt had a certain style and he never seemed to get it.

beyond phobia:

* lots of the most popular artists slowed down.

* xlt, due partly to internet/website trends but also to the lack of interest in many new music trends within the community, failed to pick up new members. (I think the average old school poster that still returns to xlt is much older than the average age here.)

I'm sure there are many other reasons but I think these are the main ones. They all sort of merged together into a clusterfuck of killing the site. Old members do lurk and sometimes post, but as there is (a) not much interest in new music, (b) all the BS posts, © lots of other life responsibilities (kids etc), (d) none of the old friends around, there isn't much attraction...

EDIT: let me also say: in general, tracking the popularity of websites is sticky business. I.e., compare various reddit music subreddits, 4chan's /mu/ , this place, etc.

also joyrex has actually arranged some pretty cool shit for us tbh. AAA was fucking awesome and seems completely impossible to complain about. the caustic window thing was also great - some valid criticisms but at the end of the day we got a kinda... ok... shelved-for-good-reason caustic window album! kewl! xlt has come nowhere near that close for any sort of group of users.

back when I was an angry teen i once got stuck into joyrex for being too strict.

I was skeptical of his claim that without his moderation this place would turn to shit but after seeing xlt these days I get his point. even if I still don't agree with all his moderation decisions i'd defs like to think that i've mellowed out on that front.

It's pretty easy to peg JR or any of the mods as bad guys, especially since most of their decisions seem incomprehensible, but, that's what makes WATMM what it is I guess.

That being said, I've never really had an issue with much of anything with regards to moderating.

This might've been a pointless response, but eh.

Archived