IGNORED

The current state of Xltronic

scumtron

Is there actually any way to get in contact with Phobiazero? Joyrex, do you know?

Here's What To Do To Score Sweet Contact with Phobiazero with Partner:

Step 1. Click Here & Get DUBturbo http://www.hypertrac...suzer/dubturbo/

Step 2. E-mail your receipt here: music4you@getresponse.com

Step 3. You will get in touch with Phobiazero with Partner right away.

Cheers & make sure you jump on this ASAP!

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

Is there actually any way to get in contact with Phobiazero? Joyrex, do you know?

Here's What To Do To Score Sweet Contact with Phobiazero with Partner:

Step 1. Click Here & Get DUBturbo http://www.hypertrac...suzer/dubturbo/

Step 2. E-mail your receipt here: music4you@getresponse.com

Step 3. You will get in touch with Phobiazero with Partner right away.

Cheers & make sure you jump on this ASAP!

lol

@modey, his email address seems rather straight forward

E-mail phobiazero@xltronic.com Homepage http://xltronic.com Country Sweden Timezone Astroblaster (GMT+1) City the next Xltronic ICQ number 175043296 AIM screen name Phobiazero Gender Male Birthdate Comment Points 10488 Status Webmaster Member since 2001-08-10 00:56 Last login 2014-07-17 21:14 Last 5, 10, 25 messages for Phobiazero

* phobia's strange vision caused him to make very questionable choices. A notable one was the banning craze that happened some years back ("Jedi Chris" was a big part of this). Many good members left and posting strongly eroded after that point.

Nah. Phobia and Joyrex have both been accused of "banning craze". Phobia put the ban hammer down many years ago, and Joyrex still swings it. That's why XLT now is a gaping asshole, while WATMM still is a place to vistit. I was a member of XLT from around 2001 to 2010, and can't really remember any unfair banning.

* phobia's strange vision caused him to make very questionable choices. A notable one was the banning craze that happened some years back ("Jedi Chris" was a big part of this). Many good members left and posting strongly eroded after that point.

Nah. Phobia and Joyrex have both been accused of "banning craze". Phobia put the ban hammer down many years ago, and Joyrex still swings it. That's why XLT now is a gaping asshole, while WATMM still is a place to vistit. I was a member of XLT from around 2001 to 2010, and can't really remember any unfair banning.

Sorry, I must disagree with you about what's going on, though it must be clarified what I'm disagreeing with.

First:

* it's true that xlt could use a few bans right now for the extremely weird posts (e.g., people that just bump old threads with dubturbo jokes).

* The banning craze I talked about happened some time 2003-2005. What made it different from the type of banning I suggest now is that it caused many old members who were behaving basically as normal to be banned.

* XLT has always been rowdy. Maybe that sort of thing is too volatile to ever persist. On the other hand, I can guarantee that aggressive banning kills that sort of thing. Banning old members and people that are big parts of the community is a big no-no. (See the currently bumped thread on the main page now which is about hyakusen? hyakusen was permbanned in the banning craze and only showed up once since then, with a dupe.)

Back to the first point. I strongly believe the mass banning (especially of many core members, in fact it felt like more than half got banned at least temporarily in that one short craze) killed the spirit of the place. It then sort of died, and that caused all the moderators to eventually stop visiting. It was years after the banning craze and the moderators stopped visiting that the really weird stuff started happening (e.g., the dubturbo-bumping).

So anyway. Maybe xlt was too volatile to ever survive. But I like to think it could have survived with a slightly lighter ban-hammer, and certainly doing away with that banning crazy years ago. What you and I may disagree about is the kind of community we want to be a part of; in partcular, the volatility may have been unpleasant to you, and maybe you would have agreed with the banning craze I'm talking about.

"AdieuErsatzEnnui, on 28 Apr 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

Why doesn't WATMM do a DJ Rashad RIP tribute album?

what more watmm then exploiting a death 2 promote ur own

music"

I signed up to XLT around the same time as I did for WATMM over 10 years ago. It was pretty redundant, but though it was a friendlier atmosphere here on WATMM so ended spending more them here. XLT came off has having much more twats and cunts. I guess if I had spent more time there initially I would feel the opposite. A few years later I managed to get banned by Phobiazero, I don't even remember what exactly for, but I remember it being something silly. Perhaps it was because I was a WATMMer and there was some silly and petty rivalry going on between the two forums.

Archived