• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So should it be an Digi-pak or a simple slipcard? Below are the differences:

digipak.jpgDigipak+template.jpg
Digpak

Or simple sleeves:

resleeve_01_1.jpg

My personal preference is the Digipak, but the sleeve would keep costs down (possibly - there may not be much difference between this and the Digipak).

Guest jasondonervan

Same Digipack style as used for Chosen Lords please (but black). I'd pay extra for it, I'm a bit wary of card sleeves and discs being scratched.

+1 for silver foil

Same Digipack style as used for Chosen Lords please (but black). I'd pay extra for it, I'm a bit wary of card sleeves and discs being scratched.

+1 for silver foil

Agreed - the promo for Chosen Lords is pretty cool (cooler than the actual release, IMO):

http://www.discogs.com/viewimages?release=1228510

OK, here's my mock up again, this time straight on, and with a Silver foil variant:

attachicon.gifCWLPGold.jpgattachicon.gifCWLPSilver.jpg

hey joyrex, your mockups are quite good and have been spending a lot of time on my computer monitor

:emotawesomepm9:

what about using a stamp made of that image to actually do some kind of silver ink/embossing. While that looks really good on a computer screen, i'm not sure printed up as a CYMK image it will maintain it's coolness. I might have misunderstood the idea though, if you had planned on doing a real foil imprint like Bogdan's Alright cover then disregard what i've just said

what about using a stamp made of that image to actually do some kind of silver ink/embossing. While that looks really good on a computer screen, i'm not sure printed up as a CYMK image it will maintain it's coolness. I might have misunderstood the idea though, if you had planned on doing a real foil imprint like Bogdan's Alright cover then disregard what i've just said

Yeah, foil embossing - it wouldn't be a faux printing with silver ink, etc.

So should it be an Digi-pak or a simple slipcard? Below are the differences:

My personal preference is the Digipak, but the sleeve would keep costs down (possibly - there may not be much difference between this and the Digipak).

My vote is for the Digipak. Fuck scratches.

Digipak all the way for me.

You'll obviously need an idea on numbers, am I right in thinking (if you go ahead with them) they would be a forum only request or would you prefer anyone backing the kickstarter a chance to get one (that could be quite complicated!) I mean, only 200+ voted to buy the rip on here yet there are 3000+ backers!

I'd prefer it to be a forum only thing just to make it more limited but I would say that lol

OK, here's my mock up again, this time straight on, and with a Silver foil variant:

Wow! Yeah! I want the silver version, it is exactly representing caustic window's univers. But don't understand, we can also have this cd with covers packaging? 'Cause i also want it, please!

Nice work JR! I don't understand though, are you getting these printed and sent out?

Nice work JR! I don't understand though, are you getting these printed and sent out?

I'm looking into it - it would be nice if this can be a second tier on the Kickstarter, but it doesn't have to be - I can offer this via WATMM directly if there is enough demand.

Wow! Yeah! I want the silver version, it is exactly representing caustic window's univers. But don't understand, we can also have this cd with covers packaging? 'Cause i also want it, please!
It would be up to you to burn your own cd (and then put it in this digipak) - I could also create a label to affix to the CD... Or include a pre-printed blank CDr as part of the package?

I'm looking into it - it would be nice if this can be a second tier on the Kickstarter, but it doesn't have to be - I can offer this via WATMM directly if there is enough demand.

It would be up to you to burn your own cd (and then put it in this digipak) - I could also create a label to affix to the CD... Or include a pre-printed blank CDr as part of the package?

Oh yeah! That would be nice! That's a good idea & i like it! Thanks Joyrex! ;-) & you could create 303 (or 33) cds digipacks collectors with the gold cover version! ;-) - i'll be the first who want to buy one of them if you do! lol

Since not many people use CD's anymore I'd vote that Kickstarter backers get a sticker of the artwork (and/or WATMM sticker). Those who want to burn a CD can still download the high-res art for it.

. http://i2.cdnds.net/14/10/618x618/paolo-nutini-caustic-love-album-art.jpg

Paulo nutini surfs the sine waves of causticism

I saw that a few days ago, made me lol. Great timing on his part

3e7dBCS.jpg

found coin / engraving sort of idea, extracted from the compilation artwork.

this looks very cool and it feels appropriate

This one (or a variant of it) gets my vote too

I was also thinking about the track titles, seems Richard has started the trend with Cunt and Phlaps, so surely the rest of the tracks should have similar titles. I'll start the ball rolling with Phanny (UK meaning of course) and Twat

Archived