IGNORED

Reaktor 5 is $99 until May 28th

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this means reaktor 6 is coming out soon?

I feel like it's more indicative that reaktor 6 may never come :(

On the plus side, the redesigned user library is quite nice, so they're at least putting some effort into their community/product.

Decided to go for it, slowly legitimizing my software studio after 10 years of uhhh, not that :X

Now if I can just fully pour my heart into renoise and quit using fl studio I'll be in good shape.

worth the $99 just for access to the excellent user library. Pretty much every plugin/effect/sampler/synth you would ever need is in there. The only thing that comes remotely close to my knowledge is the Buzz user database, and max4live might eventually reach a similar level

Does it have a tablet interface and come with all the synths a man can handle?

I feel like this isn't a serious inquiry, but it seems like you can build touchosc (or similar OSC tablet software) interfaces for various reaktor synths pretty easily, tho in practice I haven't actually found this much better than a keyboard and mouse :X

he might be referencing a thread from a year ago in here about using Windows 8 tablets to interface directly with software like Reaktor (without using touchosc or a middle man type arrangement). A year ago Reaktor worked with single touch pretty smoothly, but not multi-touch (multiple fingers trying to move multiple faders at once)

It was serious, i guess it wouldn't be out of touch with reality to think that delet... might have been making a smart comment about something or tother, but in this case i was just wondering. Seemed like it would be nice to have touchscreen capabilities, there are plenty of native tablet aps which are super fun and in some ways invite creativity in a way that a mouse or straight keyboard can't, at least in the velocity of workflow sense.

oh no I'm just coming from a long camping week end by the Baltic Sea and now I'm seeing this and it will obsess me all the day...

Aye thought they would. Shame it automatically seems to detect the currency from (presumably) your IP address. In the past when there's been offers like that I've selected from a drop down to pay for it in dollars using paypal

Aye thought they would. Shame it automatically seems to detect the currency from (presumably) your IP address. In the past when there's been offers like that I've selected from a drop down to pay for it in dollars using paypal

nope, it does it based on your address too - while I was in the US I tried ordering (thinking it would be cool because of the US IP), nope...when I had to fill in my address, bang, £

I'm tempted about it... looking for some new synth sounds... but I always felt kind of meh about the NI sound and I fear I may be stuck with lots of synths with too much complex interfaces to get something useful out of them.

I don't have time to learn a new tool, so learning to patch on my own is really out of discussion.

Someone has a good reason why I should take on the chance of buying it? they are 100 euros afterall, it's not that it's free.

[EDIT] Sorry I did not notice it's for OSX 10.7 and up. I'm still on 10.6 and I don't plan to upgrade. So end of story.

nope, it does it based on your address too - while I was in the US I tried ordering (thinking it would be cool because of the US IP), nope...when I had to fill in my address, bang, £

It's pretty evil how they do that. We call it the australia tax over here.

i have used reason only for ages. i know reason has its detractors, but i'm on a limited budget here and not sure if i wanna buy this. does pretty much everyone around here go back and forth b/w different softwares?

i have used reason only for ages. i know reason has its detractors, but i'm on a limited budget here and not sure if i wanna buy this. does pretty much everyone around here go back and forth b/w different softwares?

I used to use Reason exclusively. I've now veered off to Reaper + VSTs. bought Komplete 9 set (which includes Reaktor 5) and it's the best decision I ever made

the question is how you want to use it. I'm personally interested in it because you can load it as a Vst into another DAW. Programming with it sure asks for some time but it's also significantly easier as say Max MSP or Pure Data, so I see it as a super tool for creating personalized patches and then load them in Renoise or Reaper. I used to do it when I started to make music with a hacked version and it was super cool!

Archived