IGNORED

Musicians' Backstage Rider Requirements

Joyrex

afx seems pretty down to earth by all accounts compared to these guys. i reckon a few power adaptors, few cans of beer, some weed and madonna on her knees grunting like a piggy acting as a coffee table

a squidge in the fridge

3 packs of ginger nut biscuits

42 Cod+Beef Pasties (2º above room temp)

Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner + 3 scrunchies

Popcorn

Sandpaper

Blender

A selection of local Slags

I've been told that the rider comes out of your fee, so people who ask for extravagant things are "robbing themselves". This is just what I heard.

Hmmm, maybe for really crazy riders. In my experience, the fee and rider are separate.

The only thing I know is that when Aphex played in the Netherlands in 2007 he was asked what he would like to have on stage (could be anything). Apparently he only mumbled "lotsa strobes". That was it.

On stage he only had one lightbulb next to him (+ a bottle of coke and some beers), and there was indeed a ridiculous amount of strobes constantly.

from hat i bothered reading cos i got bored, it seems like they all just wanted to soft drinks and stuff to make sandwiches with basically. i didnt see anything remotely interesting on there.

I've been told that the rider comes out of your fee, so people who ask for extravagant things are "robbing themselves". This is just what I heard.

This depends entirely on the deal and may also differ per agency. Over here the fee is always ex. rooming, rider, etc.

Usually just about every item on a rider (except for the tech riders) is negotiable, I was mostly surprised by Bowie's font of choice.

Also don't get people asking for underwear, bring your own damn socks.

This depends entirely on the deal and may also differ per agency. Over here the fee is always ex. rooming, rider, etc.

Usually just about every item on a rider (except for the tech riders) is negotiable

Yes, usually.

I was trying to book Aaron Funk, but his fee was more and his rider was more demanding than Merzbow's, so...

And don't ever try to book Lightning Bolt through their booking agent. The guy's a cryptic condescending fuckhead.

Edit for more booking pro tips:

If the booking agent's first reply to you is 'What's your budget?', be wary. In my experience, they're just going to try to gouge you for as much as possible.

The people at Little Big (http://www.littlebig-agency.net/) have always been friendly.

a squidge in the fridge

3 packs of ginger nut biscuits

42 Cod+Beef Pasties (2º above room temp)

Alberto Balsam shampoo and conditioner + 3 scrunchies

Popcorn

Sandpaper

Blender

A selection of local Slags

1 plastic children's play house. w/ plastic slide and working shutters.

Usually just about every item on a rider (except for the tech riders) is negotiable

Yes, usually.

I was trying to book Aaron Funk, but his fee was more and his rider was more demanding than Merzbow's, so...

And don't ever try to book Lightning Bolt through their booking agent. The guy's a cryptic condescending fuckhead.

Edit for more booking pro tips:

If the booking agent's first reply to you is 'What's your budget?', be wary. In my experience, they're just going to try to gouge you for as much as possible.

The people at Little Big (http://www.littlebig-agency.net/) have always been friendly.

more demanding? what exactly does he have on his rider? just curious

Archived