IGNORED

Top Paid Musicians 2013

Joyrex

Forbes lists the top 27 grossing musicians for 2013: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/11/19/the-worlds-highest-paid-musicians-2013/

1. Madonna - 125 million
  2. Lady Gaga - 80 million
  3. Bon Jovi - 79 million
  4. Toby Keith - 64 million
  5. Coldplay - 64 million
  6. Bruce Springsteen - 62 million
  7. Justin Bieber - 58 million
  8. Taylor Swift - 55 million
  9. Sir Elton John - 54 million
  10. Beyonce - 53 million
  11. Kenny Chesney - 53 million
  12. Diddy - 50 Million
  13. Sir Paul McCartney - 47 million
  14. Calvin Harris - 46 million
  15. Jennifer Lopez - 45 million
  16. Roger Waters - 44 million
  17. Muse - 43 million
  18. Rihanna - 43 million
  19. Jay Z - 42 million
  20. One Direction - 42 million
  21. Dr. Dre - 40 million
  22. Red Hot Chili Peppers - 40 million
  23. The Rolling Stones - 39 million
  24. Katy Perry - 39 million
  25. Tim McGraw - 33 million
  26. Pink - 32 million
  27. Tiesto - 32 million

Funny, because I think some of the artists here didn't even have a release/tour in 2013!

I imagine her fortune comes from royalties due to her extensive back catalogue - impressive to say the least (I think she did tour this year though, so that probably is where the lion's share of it comes from).

Forbes lists the top 27 grossing musicians for 2013: http://www.forbes.com/sites/zackomalleygreenburg/2013/11/19/the-worlds-highest-paid-musicians-2013/

1. Madonna - 125 million
  2. Lady Gaga - 80 million

Incredibly redundant on so many levels.

Yeah, wtf did Madonna do in 2013?

She officially annoyed the president of Malawi.

• Bon Jovi - 79 million
  • Bruce Springsteen - 62 million

This is good, they form a large part of New Jersey's GDP

They might be rich but if I had to live Bon Jovi or Paul McCartney's life I'd kill myself

I could live with being Beyonce or Rihanna though (but I'd ditch Jay Z, he's boring)

They might be rich but if I had to live Bon Jovi or Paul McCartney's life I'd kill myself

I could live with being Beyonce or Rihanna though (but I'd ditch Jay Z, he's boring)

Paul McCartney's life has been fucking awesome.

not the original paul that died in that car accident though

lol @ diddy being on that list.. is he even still considered a musician? i thought he was only doing colognes and cognacs for the last like 5 years...

Yep. And don't drink grey goose in his presence:

Top grossing musicians and no Daft Punk? Strange...I heard they make dozens of millions these days.

I'm certain most of it goes to the label, PR team, management, etc. They were fairly affluent kids to begin with, so I bet their contracts aren't exactly fair because they never struggled. Bet all the composers of music they sampled and the collaborators make a nice amount as well.

My girlfriend looks up to Beyonce as a strong, self-made woman...it's hard to bite my tongue.

She's badass and talented, an actual diva and entertainer imo. Jay-Z annoys me but beyond that I get her appeal as an individual.

Funny, because I think some of the artists here didn't even have a release/tour in 2013!

yeah, like dr dre who hasn't had an album in years

Beats Headphones. Also, I read years ago that he gets paid residuals on every track he's produced, it's a small percent but it adds up. It's the complete antithesis of many prolific and respected producers means of making money - like Albini specifically asks not to be credited, refers to himself as an engineer, and only gets paid once.

not the original paul that died in that car accident though

toplel

Archived