IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

I thought we established years ago that LUDD is The Tuss.

He's also way better than AFX

no

Ludd seems the brunt of many a running joke, but I'll close my eyes before I read more mean spirited sarcasm like that.

no

Ludd seems the brunt of many a running joke, but I'll close my eyes before I read more mean spirited sarcasm like that.

Nah, Ludd makes some good tracks though, if he is who I think he is.

It was just the "he's also way better than AFX" I was saying no to (at least in my humble opinion).

No mean spirit from me.

Guest skibby

no

Nah, Ludd makes some good tracks though, if he is who I think he is.

It was just the "he's also way better than AFX" I was saying no to (at least in my humble opinion).

No mean spirit from me.

thin ice buddy, thin ice.

/jk

how fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand that he could make a patch or program a sequence/melody that doesnt sound exactly like somrthing he did before by himself? most ridiculous shit i've ever read. oh yeah it must be a collab with half the warp/rephlex roster cause it doesnt sound exactly like x track/technique previously employed. give him the ownership of these tracks and stop writing fanfiction.

u mad?

i guess it is more likely that he painstakingly simulated expert slap bass playing with keyboards for an entire project than that he worked with his friend who plays slap bass.

how fucking dumb do you have to be to not understand that he could make a patch or program a sequence/melody that doesnt sound exactly like somrthing he did before by himself? most ridiculous shit i've ever read. oh yeah it must be a collab with half the warp/rephlex roster cause it doesnt sound exactly like x track/technique previously employed. give him the ownership of these tracks and stop writing fanfiction.

u mad?

i guess it is more likely that he painstakingly simulated expert slap bass playing with keyboards for an entire project than that he worked with his friend who plays slap bass.

where do you hear slap bass?

I don't hear that anywhere in any tuss song, real or fake lol.

I hear lots of gx-1 and lots of laptop.

if you can point it out I'd like to give it another listen.

1:45 into rushup edge you can hear tom: 'Richard pass me the anal thermometers we've been using as drum sticks. my butt has an idea'

I heard that too but thought it was my imagination

u mad?

jesus fucking christ

alright maybe its just rich making the most of the gx-1, but that style of playing with very short notes used rhythmically in very fast melodies strikes me as something that's hard to write if you're not a good guitar/bass player, because of how they are able to skillfully mute the strings. it's kind of like the gap between a great drummer and a great drum programmer, being able to do it in real time gives you an edge. wouldn't tom want to run his bass into rich's gx-1?

alright sorry everyone i'll go away now

1:45 into rushup edge you can hear tom: 'Richard pass me the anal thermometers we've been using as drum sticks. my butt has an idea'

I heard that too but thought it was my imagination

don't hear that... i'll listen again this track loud... yeah LOUD AS POSSIBLE!!! don't care neighbors (neighboring) i want to listen it to ear tom says to richard...

Guest skibby

Sorry for my post last night, I'll go go back to lurk mode until there is something worth discussing. Best.

yeah me too, i'm just going to go into lurk mode until I find it vital to post. too much off topic mumbo jumbo happening here, i'm out of here, again until I feel its completely necessary to chime in with an astute observation or a correction.

that style of playing with very short notes used rhythmically in very fast melodies strikes me as something that's hard to write if you're not a good guitar/bass player, because of how they are able to skillfully mute the strings.

i feel like its alot easier to pencil in midi notes then it is to learn slap the bass.

New album name leaked:

Shi'mminent

Featuring the tracks:-

Cornish Riviera

An Ode to Edo (to Ode)

The Sheffield Track

Brutal Headphucqz Acid b3p

Hipne Twax

....and many more!!!!111

Guest skibby

New album name leaked:

Shi'mminent

Featuring the tracks:-

Cornish Riviera

An Ode to Edo (to Ode)

The Sheffield Track

Brutal Headphucqz Acid b3p

Hipne Twax

....and many more!!!!111

haha, that made me laugh!

RDJ is so funny, are you allowed to divulge the source?

Guest skibby

Based on a recent conversation I had with Richard, he says "new shit is imminent" - a new release is due soon. Let's speculate, dream, wish, beg, etc. - and hopefully this thread will be unpinned in short order and replaced with a "Aphex Twin - XXXXXX" release thread!

this is just so great. what a great idea for a thread! you're on a roll Joyrex/watmm

So based on this quote, it looks to be an 'Aphex Twin' release. That's pretty darn auspicious if you ask me.

does anybody know if this has already been in planning/preparation (music videos and other secret stuff?)

Archived