IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

I don't think we're getting a record anytime soon. Thanks to kickstarter, Richie got some money to hole up for the winter if he so wishes, assuming he needs any. Outside the hardcore fan base, few people gave a shit about the Caustic Window album or thought it was any good. If he was preparing for releasing an Aphex Twin album, I think he would have handled it differently, or put out better music to build some hype, or achieved a stunt of some sort, broadcasted a bold statement to generate discussion on music blogs. As it is, it looks like the CW kickstarter was about cash for Grant/ Richie and nothing more. They got enough money to piss off for a while, "new shit is imminent" is a kickback for Joyrex's work. Hope I'm wrong but this is my best guess.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crowndicey

It's happening. Anyone who doesn't think so is blind. I get the caution, but let's be real here. I say before the end of the year, easily.

Might be a good idea to sum up the updates on original post page 1, moot :)

There's no updates. Aphex said "new shit is imminent". That's it. The rest of the thread is an assortment of "I want new album to be [...]", "he's refering to poo haha" and "inminent = immanent"

No updates ..at the moment, I was speaking for the potential ones in the future, in order to avoid reading too much for nothing

close this fucking thread already! what the fuck...most embarrassing thing on watmm..

If it bothers you, go read something else!

If it does not please you, go read elsewhere
If you are not enjoying yourself here, go have fun elsewhere!
And you're not the leader
you do not have to decide anything, go read something else
out of here

close this fucking thread already! what the fuck...most embarrassing thing on watmm..

out of here

:l

the speculation is too bitter and dire in this thread, at least in the speculation thread we just talked about whatever, it was fun, probably cause there was no pressure. This imminent thing has brought out the needless and incessant, 'is it this, is it that, will it come out, will it not, yes, no, yes, noyesyesnonoyesnoyes'.

Lets just leave this thread until there's news and retreat to other threads for now eh. It's not like you haven't already covered every angle of this one dimensional topic (pheh). I would like to lock it for a bit until it's of use again, just to clear the flies away from it. But that wouldn't be right, it's JR's thread and it's a discussion forum where people discuss whatever, however tedious and unending. So go for it, but tread lightly please kids, you're giving me an headache with your stomping around up here.

Also, bcm rude, go to the naughty corner. ;-p

out of here

nice haiku

out of here

nice haiku

thanks! ;-)

Guest skibby

Dear mods,

I have gained knowledge from this thread, and given the special nature of the way the human subconscious works, coupled with your duty to suppress the rabble, this thread carries a great potential to create new knowledge.

On the other hand, if this subforum depended on new information only, it would be the smallest in topic count, which would not reflect the universal admiration of a vast comminity who long for data even if only from each other.

or something like that.

Dear mods,

I have gained knowledge from this thread, and given the special nature of the way the human subconscious works, coupled with your duty to suppress the rabble, this thread carries a great potential to create new knowledge.

On the other hand, if this subforum depended on new information only, it would be the smallest in topic count, which would not reflect the universal admiration of a vast comminity who long for data even if only from each other.

or something like that.

dear skibby,

wait & see, time will tell & have fun until the dawn! ;-)

Guest abusivegeorge

I thought we established years ago that LUDD is The Tuss.

He's also way better than AFX

Archived