IGNORED

June 2014 - "New Shit Is Imminent" - Richard D. James

Joyrex

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just noticed the similarity between the HAB cover art and the Oversteps cover art.

The HAB CD release is simply the labels of the vinyl HABs (the colors) overlapping since the CD release is both HABs on one disc.

Guest skibby

wait, let me get this straight, the tuss is a solo rdj record?

before the guffaws, miles davis was known to collaborate on his albums for example.

Was just reading back the email from Aphex where he said that he wanted to swap 1 or 2 tracks from CAT023 for better ones. I wonder which ones he meant... maybe Phlaps and/or Cunt, because by 1996 both were already released on compilations?

Yo... nobody mentioned the 2 tracks from "Aphex Twin and Krzysztof Penderecki Live at ECC2011"...... it'd be nice if they were the new shit but that shits probably old shit now in "Aphex Time"...

Oh yes................and ......talk about the "shit" hitting the fan(s)

:cisfor:

lol

Where can I read that email? im curious now. I think the original unreleased version of tamphex could have been a great track there.

Was just reading back the email from Aphex where he said that he wanted to swap 1 or 2 tracks from CAT023 for better ones. I wonder which ones he meant... maybe Phlaps and/or Cunt, because by 1996 both were already released on compilations?

Yo... nobody mentioned the 2 tracks from "Aphex Twin and Krzysztof Penderecki Live at ECC2011"...... it'd be nice if they were the new shit but that shits probably old shit now in "Aphex Time"...

Oh yes................and ......talk about the "shit" hitting the fan(s)

:cisfor:

lol

Where can I read that email? im curious now. I think the original unreleased version of tamphex could have been a great track there.

I compiled it from two posts Joyrex made, if it's ok with him it can be posted in the OP. Here it is:

Joyrex: I appreciate you agreeing to release the Caustic Window LP via the Kickstarter, etc. The fans (and myself) are very appreciative - gotta say though, why didn't you release this? There are some fucking fantastic tracks on it, my personal favourites are Mumbly and Squidge in the Fridge - overall though it's a great release - is there some reason (mundane or not) why this got shelved? Always interested in those kind of tidbits!

Richard: The caustic window stuff was all very amazing, I was touched by all the fan appreciation, well done for the idea, it was really top.

-thanks, you should have just said yeah,..its quite good, i bet you were just itching to :)))

- I think i wanted to swap 1or2 of the tracks for better ones shortly after making the test press and just never got around to it or had moved onto other things.

Joyrex: Of course the big question on everybody's mind (including mine) is when your next release is coming out - it's been ages, and while the Caustic Window LP was a nice trip into the past, a full-fledge Aphex Twin or AFX release of your current material would be amazing! I know you probably call them by other names, but my personal two favourite tracks of yours I'd love to hear in full quality are the "Metz" track and the "Manchester" track - a quick Google/YouTube search will turn up live recordings of these you've played in the past.

Richard: gunna release a lot of my old back catalogue in the nr future on Warp.

Joyrex: So you're planning on releasing some of your back catalogue on WARP? I recall the last time we spoke (when I made you aware of that cassette that was taped off one of your DATs got circulated around), you were saying something similar - are there any concrete plans in the works?

Richard: -yeah but theses just so much of it, and the effort of getting the right master, best transfer, mastering etc, its even harder than it used to be coz im more anal -now, +id always just rather make new stuff which im always doin, used to just chuck stuff out and make mistakes etc..i keep finding better copies of loads of -released stuff etc. woops..

-saying that time seems right now as ive been listening to me old stuff loads recently and its fun trying out different playlists of all this stuff+not listened to -some of it -in years which is nice for being bit more objective,

-new shit is imminent :)

But what do you mean with an original Tamphex track? Haven't heard of that before.

Should... should we vote to delete the thread? I think we should delete it and make a new one when there's actual tangible stuff pertaining to the next release.

nah dude i think it should keep going, and when there is enough drool and slobber and semen and tears and other bodily excrements, it should all be sculpted into a big lifesize idol of our god rdj himself

(fwiw im kinda trolling here just a bit. im not entirely above speculation myself, and really like AFX stuff, but some of the speculation here and in the subforum does get a bit nutty imo)

yeah, am excited about the "prospect" of a new release... as that's all this is, but thread is terrible

And yet here you are, posting in this terrible thread with the rest of us wankers

before the guffaws, miles davis was known to collaborate on his albums for example.

it sounds different than solo rdj. the bass, in a way that i can't place in any of his other work, has a quickness and an effortless, effective use of very short, abrupt notes. it's the kind of thing that could be a lot more difficult to do on a keyboard than a midi bass...

the other day i was listening to that vocal part in synthacon and i thought it sounded like two voices toward the end.

it sounds different than solo rdj. the bass, in a way that i can't place in any of his other work, has a quickness and an effortless, effective use of very short, abrupt notes. it's the kind of thing that could be a lot more difficult to do on a keyboard than a midi bass...

the other day i was listening to that vocal part in synthacon and i thought it sounded like two voices toward the end.

:facepalm:

If anything, you can hear how "the tuss" is a precursor to his most recent work (metz + manchester track, singapore etc).

Also he's admitted to being the sole artist involved. I really, really don't think it's a joint effort, even though initially I though Shiz Ko E sounded like Vibert/Afx together.

^ ok so point out ONE non-tuss rdj song with that fast bass with muted notes that sounds like squarepusher

what

one non tuss rdj song with fast bass with muted notes that sounds like squarepusher. I dont understand sorry...

Archived