YangYing

I'm anti theft as in I don't download music.

However I think as "Mr Brainz" pointed out, DJ'ing is a completely different beast. I've found most of the music I like now from DJs.

I first heard of Aphex Twin on a James Zabiela set, where windowlicker was remixed (Kriece remix I think?).

This type of unchecked censorship is damaging to the entire industry.

Universal are garbage.

I'm anti theft as in I don't download music.

However I think as "Mr Brainz" pointed out, DJ'ing is a completely different beast. I've found most of the music I like now from DJs.

I first heard of Aphex Twin on a James Zabiela set, where windowlicker was remixed (Kriece remix I think?).

This type of unchecked censorship is damaging to the entire industry.

agreed.

Things can be removed. Doesn't mean they will be.

Yes it does. That's what the entire article the OP linked to was about. How things are being removed. lol

that's why I think Bandcamp is the future of music business.

Hopefully, I fucking love what Bandcamp are doing for music- (makers and lovers)

feels like soundcloud's been putting a few nails in its own coffin over the last few years... like it's just too big -- there are paid adverts all over the place now, the long-standing spam problem, tons of fake accounts that just post others' music (probably part of the reason for the universal crackdown), etc. onward to the new sites, internet.

Archived