IGNORED

APHEX TWIN - SYRO

chim

well can't say i'm surprised. but I was getting hopeful because rephlex had a good 2013. go out with a bang I guess!!

SO DOES THIS MEAN NO MORE BOGDAN?????????? boggy i need u

i wish i knew of a way to guilt bogan into making us a new album, i have mentioned doing a self release on bandcamp and he said he'd think about it.

he takes forever to think =/

I believe it was on Bogdans facebook in february that he was working on a new album?

he posted a video of him opening a gate or a dorr on instagram and said it was the new intro to his album.

where did this come from? I never heard it before.

The channel is old and always posted good stuff. It may be legit.

(even though it sounds kinda shitty IMO)

No, that's not it. Sounds kinda nice though.

Hello to everyone here.

I did read the rules.

For me THIS leak can totally be REAL Aphex Twin.

And I really like this track very much.

We'll see.

I wish one of the following albums comes with the ferret & stencil artwork

I'm actually bummed about Syro's confirmed artwork. Looks like shit to me compared to that one.

Edited by Allize

Hello to everyone here.

I did read the rules.

We'll see.

it won't leake

and not afx

read the rules

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Honestly I don't care that much about Syro now that I know Rephlex is supossedly going down. Very dissapointed. Im going to be in a sad mood while listening to the album. I've been following the label for 15 years, lots of hidden gems on there, some of the weirdest shit next to some of the cheesiest shit next to some of the highest quality shit, plus the up and coming new signups: Wisp, JK, EOD, Dave Monolith, Steinvord... the former two just started with killer releases. I guess we'll never see the digital Steinvord release now... I can't find music like that anywhere else. I wish Richard gave a big "fuck you" to the industry and released his new album on Rephlex, even if it meant less exposure. His name is powerful enough now that he would still generate tons of profits. It would help lots of unknown people on there as well since as a result they would check out the label catalogue more than if he continues putting out the major stuff in Warp, which has a lot of crappy artists and the rest are stablished already. They wanted Drukqs on Rephlex after all. Would've loved to see his masterpiece being released on Rephlex which is a much more real and intimate label than Warp. I guess Richard has to sell himself off a bit to gain bigger exposure, he has kids to feed now I guess...

not to be a bummer but a leak through youtube is pretty unlikely as the copyright algorythm catches even parts of audience recordings of album tracks. how the hell would someone get away with an entire song?

Guest Retrig

Hello to everyone here.

I did read the rules.

We'll see.

Not 101 BPMs. More like 150. Nice track, but fake.

Honestly I don't care that much about Syro now that I know Rephlex is supossedly going down. Very dissapointed. Im going to be in a sad mood while listening to the album. I've been following the label for 15 years, lots of hidden gems on there, some of the weirdest shit next to some of the cheesiest shit next to some of the highest quality shit, plus the up and coming new signups: Wisp, JK, EOD, Dave Monolith, Steinvord... the former two just started with killer releases. I guess we'll never see the digital Steinvord release now... I can't find music like that anywhere else. I wish Richard gave a big "fuck you" to the industry and released his new album on Rephlex, even if it meant less exposure. His name is powerful enough now that he would still generate tons of profits. It would help lots of unknown people on there as well since as a result they would check out the label catalogue more than if he continues putting out the major stuff in Warp, which has a lot of crappy artists and the rest are stablished already. They wanted Drukqs on Rephlex after all. Would've loved to see his masterpiece being released on Rephlex which is a much more real and intimate label than Warp. I guess Richard has to sell himself off a bit to gain bigger exposure, he has kids to feed now I guess...

I agree, even the artwork fits better in the rephlex spectrum.

A growling bassline and some pads does not an Aphex Twin track make.

Hello to everyone here.

I did read the rules.

We'll see.

it won't leake

and not afx

read the rules

That track is pure shite.

Now this one is more intriguing because it was uploaded weeks before the announcement and is the only video on the channel.

You can change the title of your video + the description, that's all it is.

Only convincing Syro vid IMO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53fRcbcUYSY

Ok I wasnt sure of that, but the channel was opened on that day, it has no more videos and on a second listen it's quite good.

Edited by Allize

but if his albums would NOT have been released by warp most of us would have never heard of it

stop crying, pissflab it's a new afx album

Based on what? If the music was good enough, it would have stood out anyway.

After Windowlicker, pretty much anything he would have released, specially as "Aphex Twin", would have hit major news websites anyway. If Drukqs was put out on Rephlex as originally intended by them, and specially now Syro, everyone would have known about it, because it would have been all over the news anyway, and everyone has an internet connection these days. Everyone who's even vaguely into music knows and visits these sites regularly.

But instead we have to cope with Warp continuing its legacy of shitty releases and a couple good releases while seeing how genuinely cool labels dissapear.