IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

S6E7:

Spoiler

The ending to the episode felt really random and quite lazy idk - I feel like they are using lalo as a way to just justify better call saul characters not being in  in breaking bad.

Edited by milkface

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2022 at 6:51 PM, Upset man said:

I didn’t expect this episode (Season 6 ep 8 )to pan out the way it did. Really good stuff. 

Amen. Best episode yet.

Spoiler

Great episode, Kims part of this ep was so well done, the music as she walked up to the door, the way mike acted towards her, seeing her on the screen on cctv feed, and great acting.

My only issue with this ep is how the gus going to the laundry thing went down, it seemed uncharacteristically reckless of him, and Lalo has an aimbot now. The way it finished made up for it though.

Edited by vkxwz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Just started S1E1 tonight after years of peer pressure. Looking forward to seeing what y’all been digging on. 

It's a slow start but each season outdoes the previous.

9 hours ago, vkxwz said:
  Hide contents

Great episode, Kims part of this ep was so well done, the music as she walked up to the door, the way mike acted towards her, seeing her on the screen on cctv feed, and great acting.

My only issue with this ep is how the gus going to the laundry thing went down, it seemed uncharacteristically reckless of him, and Lalo has an aimbot now. The way it finished made up for it though.

Spoiler

Whilst it was reckless everybody makes mistakes (this episode is the most human Gus has been so far) and besides as you said it was so dumb that Lalo was able to kill 4 of them all at once. Gus assumed being 5v1 would keep him safe but alas Lalo downloaded hacks before leaving Jimmy's.

great episode this week, got me thinking: 

Spoiler

Did the police ever find Howard & Lalo? In this clip, the floor looks to be some kind of portable tile? I doubt they would go to the trouble of pouring a concrete floor over the dirt floor, bc they probly wanted to be able to destroy the subterranean level if needed. But, there is already a dead body on the lab floor, so when law enforcement investigated the burned rubble, they could have found one body, and that might have led them to look for others, even buried ones.

• Like 1

Spoiler

God, that memorial scene for Howard at the (no longer) HHM office was genuinely one of the most awful scenes in all of BB and BCS. Knowing it was all a lie which ended up with Howard dead, and HHM - Jimmy's brother's company downsizing and being taken over is painful yet you're supposed to want them both to get away with it. Jimmy's face when Kim lies to Howard's wife's and Cliff's faces tells it all.

Outstanding episode as per. 1978 Côte-Rôtie out of 10.

Edited by milkface

On 7/14/2022 at 9:33 PM, Rubin Farr said:

great episode this week, got me thinking: 

Hide contents

Did the police ever find Howard & Lalo? In this clip, the floor looks to be some kind of portable tile? I doubt they would go to the trouble of pouring a concrete floor over the dirt floor, bc they probly wanted to be able to destroy the subterranean level if needed. But, there is already a dead body on the lab floor, so when law enforcement investigated the burned rubble, they could have found one body, and that might have led them to look for others, even buried ones.

Goddamn... forgot how good BB is - might have to do a rewatch.

RE: the floor - in the first part of the clip, it looks like poured epoxy (like what you put on garage floors on top of the cement)... in other parts, it has expansion gaps like you'd see (again, on concrete) so I think the floor underneath the red epoxy is likely cement (you'd need a cement foundation too to support the weight of some of the machines and equipment in the lab).

So Howard and Lalo are almost certainly going to likely never be found ?

I thought Kim was either going to get a "hoover special" or die, since jimmy genuinely loves her and wouldn't go onto his Saul lifestyle unless she wasn't there anymore (either because she was relocated or had died), but since we see the timeskip in the latest episode, I guess she moves on and so does he.

Unless, she's going to make one last reappearance, maybe joining back up with CinnaSaul after he relocates might be in the cards?

Almost guaranteed that WW will show up in the next episode...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

but since we see the timeskip in the latest episode, I guess she moves on and so does he.

Facts, Jimmy makes his final transition into Toxic King Saul :spiteful:

Would be interesting if the time skip for the next 4 episodes happens during S1 of BB since Saul only turns up in S2.

1 minute ago, milkface said:

Facts, Jimmy makes his final transition into Toxic King Saul :spiteful:

Would be interesting if the time skip for the next 4 episodes happens during S1 of BB since Saul only turns up in S2.

And that combover, LOL

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Almost guaranteed that WW will show up in the next episode...

Probably. I actually thought that maybe that final scene would lead straight into Walt walking in and meeting Saul for the first time, but I went back and checked and in breaking bad Saul's outfit is different for that first meeting compared to the end of this episode.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, GORDO said:

How many episodes left?

I have no clue what's left to tell in the story other that catching up with black & white Saul.

4 episodes left and yeah pretty much that. Explaining black and white parts then fusing BCS the events between and BB. I guess Mike's mission to get the lab set up will happen off screen.

Honestly I was just gonna hop on in from a rather lethargic Sunday afternoon stupor and type about what a legend Howard is. Then literally a few minutes pass and now it’s was….

?

Edited by beerwolf