IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

4 hours ago, milkface said:
  Hide contents

Was sick to see Walt and Jesse in the latest episode - Sad to see Mike warn Saul of Walt, cause in the end Mike is killed by Walt.

Well to be fair, he warned him since he thought Walt was "small potatoes"

• Like 1

Spoiler

Very cool to see a Gene-centric story, if it is somewhat dragging out the end. I agree with Joyrex, Gene will go to Kim at some point out of desperation, I bet. The reveal of outing Gus was brilliantly done, and fills in a lot of character holes in his personality. He went to this bar for years likely, just to fantasize about the bartender, knowing he could never reveal the perceived weakness of homosexuality. He was already looked down upon by the (Catholic male) Cartel, likely because he was a darker skinned Chilean, and also seen as a gringo for being in the US. Even the rumor of sexual impropriety, would likely get him targeted even faster, like we saw what happened to Vito in Sopranos. I always thought Gus was either asexaul, or a psychopath.

11 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:
  Hide contents

Very cool to see a Gene-centric story, if it is somewhat dragging out the end. I agree with Joyrex, Gene will go to Kim at some point out of desperation, I bet. The reveal of outing Gus was brilliantly done, and fills in a lot of character holes in his personality. He went to this bar for years likely, just to fantasize about the bartender, knowing he could never reveal the perceived weakness of homosexuality. He was already looked down upon by the (Catholic male) Cartel, likely because he was a darker skinned Chilean, and also seen as a gringo for being in the US. Even the rumor of sexual impropriety, would likely get him targeted even faster, like we saw what happened to Vito in Sopranos. I always thought Gus was either asexaul, or a psychopath.

You Guys Ever Had Gay Thoughts? Lmao | Know Your Meme

Gustavo named finger : r/okbuddychicanery

I'm not that crazy about this last arc. That scene in the phone booth where we don't know what's being said or not is kind of a cheap move imo.

Prediction: Gene turns himself in and asks Kim to represent him. Or maybe that's what he asked on that call and she refused.

11 minutes ago, ooqpoo said:

Liked ep 10, was left with a great want for one of those Cinnabon bun things, lathered with sugar n' all. 

yeah I really have to get some of these lol

There are rumors about a Gus Fring spinoff. That would make sense. Kim is also unresolved but much of her character development was covered in Better Call Saul so a Gus spinoff has more potential 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, o00o said:

There are rumors about a Gus Fring spinoff. That would make sense. Kim is also unresolved but much of her character development was covered in Better Call Saul so a Gus spinoff has more potential 

There's still 2 episodes to go to be fair - that ep 11 phone call will definitely be elaborated upon. Also a Gus Fring spinoff would be unreal I would eat that shit up.

1 hour ago, ooqpoo said:

was left with a great want for one of those Cinnabon bun things, lathered with sugar n' all. 

Same here haha

5 hours ago, o00o said:

Does it though? I like Gus as a character, but beyond the story of how he got into "the business", most of his arc has been covered in BB/BCS...

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

The last episode on imdb used to have a thumbnail of gene in a hospital gown. Does anyone know if gene has been in a hospital in the earlier seasons ? Would be something if it ended with him dying of cancer.

Considering they last guy they are robbing is dying of cancer, that's a bit too on the nose - plus I think we would have seen foreshadowing of this in earlier episodes.

Marion is going to discover what Gene and her son have been up to... and possibly who Gene really is - but will it matter?

Is she going to turn her son and him in, and he finally gets caught?

And what is their connection to Albuquerque - I could see her son being one of Pinkman's dope head friends when he was trying to be a narco...

Jimmy is just a born fuck up. His one big score was getting involved with Walt, and he borked that by not correctly moving his money offshore. Even Mike underestimated the Fed's ability to seize everything and anything he owned.

It feels like this universe is winding down doesn't it? Like Breaking Bad burned 70% of the fuel over 5.5 seasons, and BCS has burned 28% of it now over 6 seasons, kind coasting the whole time from season 1 till now, but especially now and it's winding down to a close. The black and white episodes mixed with all the scenes with shadows and the characters still insisting on taking their time, it's like a car that was speeding, ran out of fuel, and is just coasting to a stop now. And Gene is in the last coast thinking he can get more mileage out of this thing, and he steps on the gas and will in a few short episodes discover that no, he can't. It's over. Like Walt with lighting the matches and throwing them in the pool signifying his last year of life burning bright yet ending quickly. We are watching Gene in the pool trying to light his match, and it's just sad and pitiful at this point. 

Jesse is the only one who will get a 'happy' ending because he was the only one that wasn't doomed to need the excitement of a criminal life.

Edited by Brisbot

3 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Does it though? I like Gus as a character, but beyond the story of how he got into "the business", most of his arc has been covered in BB/BCS...

Considering they last guy they are robbing is dying of cancer, that's a bit too on the nose - plus I think we would have seen foreshadowing of this in earlier episodes.

Apparently the pictures were from s4 ep1..

Spoiler

So, law enforcement of any kind never found Howard and Lalo's bodies? That's hard to believe, the laundry facility was on fire, so wouldn't at least the Feds want to excavate the entire area? There were dead bodies on the ground in the underground lab, and with all those toxic chemicals, HAZMAT would be in there thoroughly decontaminating that entire facility.

I didn’t expect the two series to mirror each other so perfectly; the male ego and hubris destroys the woman’s life, and she is left to rebuild it on her own. Brilliant. Then there is also the male tryptic, two foster fathers kind of mentoring Jesse into the sociopathic lifestyle they lead.

• Like 1

just caught up on the latter half of the season, really excellent episodes. The last one before the time jump especially, such delightful slow paced scenes that carried so much emotional weight.

The most recent episode was a major highlight too, I love what they did with Kim's arc. Rhea Seehorn has been amazing this season.

• Like 1