IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

4 hours ago, trying to be less rude said:

i kind of hate this show for how it has me addicted yet i know it's often boring and bad

Its really slow paced to a point where you feel like its some kind of film student project. but once I got used to it it was ok 

Hahaha what an amazing final scene that's so priceless having saul run over walter white and then walter white gets up and winks at the camera and says "hey well i better call saul" vince gilligan is a genius

It’s over ?

yeah maybe they will bring back some of the characters in further spin offs. At the end he felt kind of bigger than the characters in breaking bad 

• Like 1

brilliant finale, refreshing to see a series end without the forced theatricality of most prestige dramas, in a way that was understated (as the show has always been) but still deeply satisfying for how honestly it explored the characters and their growth.

• Like 2

That ending needs to marinate a while, was it anti-climactic? Possibly, but I liked that Walt, Jesse, and Jimmy all had 3 different fates, showing the outfall and damage from each. Hopefully they return to this universe again someday. The complete BB story easily rivals The Sopranos in epic scale. 

What do y'all think about the show's attention to image composition, do you find it cheesy or artsy?, is it gonna age well?

I find it a bit blunt and while it doesn't hurt the show I don't think it adds a lot to it other than gain some points with the pretentious crowd.

16 minutes ago, GORDO said:

What do y'all think about the show's attention to image composition, do you find it cheesy or artsy?, is it gonna age well?

I find it a bit blunt and while it doesn't hurt the show I don't think it adds a lot to it other than gain some points with the pretentious crowd.

I absolutely love it. Both BB and BCS feel like a rare fusion between TV and cinema. Great stories, compelling acting and amazing cinematography.

The attention to image composition as well as the hidden easter eggs show the mutual respect between the creators and the fans.

Edited by milkface

46 minutes ago, GORDO said:

It is blunt and sometimes in a heavy handed way, though i feel that 's in part affected by the TV medium. For instance the courtroom shot  of Saul seen from the Exit sign point of view was clearly a nod back to Chuck in the "Chicanery" episode.  Overall, i like it though.

3 minutes ago, cichlisuite said:

so hypothetically, if someone wants to watch this for the first time, would this person start with BB or BCS? asking for a friend

BB
El Camino
BCS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Velazquez said:

BB
El Camino
BCS

+1 - BCS plays off the fact that the viewer has already seen BB so certain character introductions are skipped as you already know who they are when they appear for the first time.

3 hours ago, Velazquez said:

I liked El Camino. 

yeah. .i thought it fit in well. it's got some moments and runs through its course pretty steadily. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2022 at 6:33 PM, Rubin Farr said:

I didn’t expect the two series to mirror each other so perfectly; the male ego and hubris destroys the woman’s life, and she is left to rebuild it on her own. Brilliant. Then there is also the male tryptic, two foster fathers kind of mentoring Jesse into the sociopathic lifestyle they lead.

The way themes are clearly laid out, for those paying attention, is really impressive.

All done. Nippy was incredibly funny (when he slips) was actually lol hilarious. Then it’s a very moody, kind of depressing slow paced wind down to the end. Which I wasn’t expecting. But actually in reflection was really cool. The last half an hour was excellent. Yeah it was all good. Glad there wasn’t some big fireworks ending. Liked the bit when they were all chanting his name on the bus, so you know life wasn’t gonna be so bad. Definitely set me up to rewatch Breaking Bad. Maybe next year. 

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

All done. Nippy was incredibly funny (when he slips) was actually lol hilarious. Then it’s a very moody, kind of depressing slow paced wind down to the end. Which I wasn’t expecting. But actually in reflection was really cool. The last half an hour was excellent. Yeah it was all good. Glad there wasn’t some big fireworks ending. Liked the bit when they were all chanting his name on the bus, so you know life wasn’t gonna be so bad. Definitely set me up to rewatch Breaking Bad. Maybe next year. 

better-call-saul-jeff.gif

• Haha 1