IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

They don't support Qatar Air - they paid to sponsor FC Barcelona - jersey sales bring in mega bucks for them. When FC Barcelona signed the sponsorship deal (the first in the club's history) in 2010, the issues were not receiving the kind of attention they are today. Barcelona is reportedly considering dropping the sponsor at the end of this year as the contract runs out and they are not comfortable with the social situation.

Nike has never shied away from controversial labour practices though - remember this?

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/blnike.htm

Don't even get me started on the US using Qatar as their Central Command , we've traded our souls for a tactical advantage. Kuwait kicked us out, then after 9/11 the Saudis could no longer host us because of the internal backlash. So we went to Qatar, and basically said, hey we'll bend over and take it, just let us station our command here, bc it's the perfect location to launch intel and recon missions throughout the entire theater. Obama would never admit to this, probly bc Bush Jr set it up.

http://rt.com/usa/258385-house-usa-freedom-act/

The House of Representatives voted to pass the USA Freedom Act on Wednesday, approving a bill that would change the way the National Security Agency gathers telephone data of American citizens. The bill now heads to the Senate.

The USA Freedom Act was passed overwhelmingly with 338 votes in favor and 88 against.

Under the USA Freedom Act, the NSA would be prohibited from collecting telephone metadata under the Patriot Act. Instead, the agency would have to acquire a warrant every time it wanted to access phone records, which would be held by telephone companies. Officials would need to submit data requests via keywords in order to collect relevant data from companies.

The bill would also reform the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISA Court) by setting up a five-person panel that would offer advise when intelligence agencies are seeking new interpretations of existing law. Some court rulings would need to be declassified.

http://houston.cbslocal.com/2015/05/07/texas-house-panel-approves-full-legalization-of-marijuana-in-unprecedented-move/

Texas House Panel Approves Full Legalization Of Marijuana In ‘Unprecedented’ Move

And although the bill is not expected to survive the full path to becoming a law in this legislative session, Texas anti-drug law advocates are labeling the move as historic.

Edited by AdieuErsatzEnnui

atta boy democrats!!

Note they only voted against it because some trade legislation they wanted passed wasn't going to be passed.

Still, I agree that not being able to amend a trade treaty conducted in secret is ridiculous.

Also reading the comments on that article filled me with bottomless despair.

atta boy democrats!!

Note they only voted against it because some trade legislation they wanted passed wasn't going to be passed.

Still, I agree that not being able to amend a trade treaty conducted in secret is ridiculous.

They already approved it based on making a deal to get those certain issues handled separately so there is no victory here unfortunately

atta boy democrats!!

They already approved it based on making a deal to get those certain issues handled separately so there is no victory here unfortunately

Yeah, they let it through after the initial resistance. Stupid. It'll face more opposition in the house, but yeah. I'm genuinely & deeply disappointed.

Who doesn't love a nice biker gang shoot-out: http://nyti.ms/1Fs8G9Z

This is a bit surreal because everyone knows these guys exist but I rarely come across them on the roads or in public. I pulled up next to a Bandidos biker once at a traffic light. Once I saw his 1% badge I stopped looking and kept my distance. Other than that I saw a biker in a prospect jacket at a gas station, a baby-faced and friendly (even a bit aloof) hispanic dude. In hindsight he might of been one of those other smaller gangs, Cossacks or Scimitars.When it comes to big biker groups, it's usually old veterans or middle age weekend riders. Or it's the crotch rocket biker clubs, and those are often younger adrenaline junkies. Honestly I worry about running into those dudes more, because of how they drive dangerously around traffic, and on rare occasions pull shit like this.

That said, when Austin's big rally comes to down I avoid downtown at all costs, though maybe one day I'll venture there for people watching. Friends I know who have worked at bars in the are said it gets quite nutty. It's a fascinating subculture, Born Losers was one of the first 60s exploitation films I ever watched, the footage of Hell's Angels at the Altamont Free Concert fiasco is mesmirizing (they look like fucking dressed movie characters in that doc) and I've been meaning to read Hunter S. Thompson's book about the Hell's Angels for some years.

^ if by "fascinating subculture" you mean a bunch of meatheaded cunts whose beef nobody else gives a fuck about and who give the rest of the riding population a bad name, sure. Sons of Anarchy is a pile of shit, furthermore.

Who doesn't love a nice biker gang shoot-out: http://nyti.ms/1Fs8G9Z

Pretty wild eh. We got the Highwaymen in Detroit who got raided several years back for drug distribution/murder. Some folks that were supposed to testify unfortunately were "unable to do so". Their club was shut down on Michigan ave., but they secured a new club right after on Michigan Ave. It's funny to me, when one drives Michigan Ave., everything is tagged to hell on that road except their building, which is a pristine black. Respect.

google:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Michigan+Avenue+People+Mover+Station/@42.331442,-83.090204,3a,75y,89.99h,89t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s27jXOXnH3cW3CA2U6Q_MaA!2e0!4m2!3m1!1s0x883b2d30acd60635:0x9a4f0b64d587e436!6m1!1e1

Edited by olo

Does this make anyone want to visit Houston? Pretty much looks like a warning to stay away, Whitey.

D4405FD0-5DBE-442F-8D0B-F923C211C692_zps

You don't like Devin the dude or Scarface?

Lol rubin, the world loves H-Town Rap. Scarface, Bun B, Devin, all quality. Rap shows are mostly dorky college kids anyway.

Edited by doublename