IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

22 hours ago, Nebraska said:

someone should have informed that lady she can win $500,000+ if she keeps her mask on and gets vaccinated

This kid in Ohio won a full 4-year college scholarship for getting vaccinated:

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/teen-reacts-winning-year-college-scholarship-ohios-vaccine/story?id=77936650

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:55 PM, Nebraska said:

someone should have informed that lady she can win $500,000+ if she keeps her mask on and gets vaccinated

Wow, the flight attendant leaned on them. Sounds like some Karen on Karen action, but you don’t fuck with FAA law, as everyone seems to find out the hard way.

3 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Wow, the flight attendant leaned on them. Sounds like some Karen on Karen action, but you don’t fuck with FAA law, as everyone seems to find out the hard way.

i love how the one guy they interview is trying not to laugh at the whole thing because it's so fuckn dumb. he looks like he's telling a story about 2 drunk sorority girls fighting at a phrat party. 

y5pdy9s98r171.jpg?width=498&auto=webp&s=

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, ignatius said:

y5pdy9s98r171.jpg?width=498&auto=webp&s=

Ah yes, the mentally unstable & criminal masterminds. Two groups who would definitely benefit from being forced to be completely alone with their thoughts for what feels like 15x a typical human lifespan.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

i know he needs to get his comments on record but i don't know why any democrat thinks any republican cares about what they say. they have no shame. seems everyone but senate/house democrats knows this and that the republicans are worthless and a waste of time to negotiate with in spirit of bipartisanship. dems need to grow up and pass their bills w/o republicans whenever possible.. before they lose the mid terms and have no chance of doing anything. 

• Like 1

white history month sounds like a good idea. especially on this side of heaven. maybe we can have two months just to celebrate it because there's a lot of white accomplishments to go through

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

White History:

came to america, killed native peoples, brought slaves, killed more native peoples, more slaves, made chinese people build rail roads, lynched black people, continued killing native peoples, 

also, white people

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
  • Burger 1

On 5/29/2021 at 3:57 AM, Rubin Farr said:

you know the way they say the medium is the message, the most striking thing about american tv medium is the format, the two co-hosts, the very sus intonations they all use....its even so much of a thang that english satirist chris morris sends it up in most of his 90s output

• Burger 2

15 hours ago, Nebraska said:

white history month sounds like a good idea. especially on this side of heaven. maybe we can have two months just to celebrate it because there's a lot of white accomplishments to go through

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

jesse lee peterson is what you call a 'phenomenon'. not a good one, just a very unusual event/thing

28 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

https://www.wired.com/story/pandemic-homeschoolers-who-are-not-going-back/

Kind of COVID, kind of America - but this shit is enraging to me.

Infuriating indeed. Even if the person doing the homeschooling is qualified to do so, with a degree in education or something like that, it's terrible. Kids need to spend significant amounts of time around other kids.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Infuriating indeed. Even if the person doing the homeschooling is qualified to do so, with a degree in education or something like that, it's terrible. Kids need to spend significant amounts of time around other kids.

Yeah, this is how kids are raised with a false set of facts, like that Trump won, etc.  When (or if) they get to university, they are at a huge disadvantage.

• Like 2

Yeah, this is how kids are raised with a false set of facts, like that Trump won, etc.  When (or if) they get to university, they are at a huge disadvantage.

That, too, but even if the academic quality is up to par home schooling is child abuse. If you really feel the local educational facilities are lacking, provide the extra material outside of school hours.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rhmilo said:

As well as that loss of social interaction (which I totally agree with you on, it's vital to their development), it's so fucking privileged, like the two tech workers who probably think they are woke as fuck, but instead of advocating to make public schools better, "oh we'll just hire some mandarin and maths (as examples) teachers".

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

north american public schooling is trash

It's really not - but there are serious issues with underfunding. Yes the social studies curricula should be more inclusive with respect to First Nations and other indigenous peoples, but on the whole, the teachers and schools do an extraordinary job. Teachers should be paid more, and funding needs to be put back in so that course materials are provided by the school and not paid out of the teachers' pockets.

• Like 5

public schools in USA are a mess in some places but work well in others. not evenly distributed funding.. and the republicans have been trying to wreck it for 50 years.  fundamentally, education in USA is a bit backwards and lacking. testing became such a big deal for everywhere and it's diminished the experience of learning for kids. 

homeschooling is also a patch work of things.. evangelicals, hippies, libertarians etc.. some of it is well done in places and other places is a joke but it's up to the parents really.. there's a lot of support for organized homeschooling these days. lot's of groups that get their kids together for extracurriculars and small private school type places where they have a handful of classrooms in a strip mall and a few days a week have school there and teach the classics and stuff.. my step brother and his wife did this for there kids (evangelicals) and the kids are all pretty smart and have gone on to college or already done and have tech jobs. very much followed the idea of letting kids find their interests and supporting them to go that route while making sure they know all they're supposed to.  the ones who took SATs did really well. 

still, it's a religious bent and closed off in some ways but i think the kids are smart enough to find their way. that's only one example and i'm sure there's plenty of good and bad ones out there. 

my mom is a retired highschool history teacher. when she got burned out in the classroom she became a guidance counselor for her last few years in the system. anyway.. i heard all the good bad ugly stories about the people and places she worked. often the parents were the worst.. and the administrators of schools.. why a public school needs 4 vice principals i have no idea. public schools are often top heavy with administrators. 

more parents getting active w/their kids education might not be a bad thing.. even if it means they homeschool them for a few years. this will force public schools to adapt perhaps.. and make some changes.. we'll see i guess. 

• Like 4