IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That reddit track is quality, not aphex but good stuff. There's defo a sampled break in there, not robot drums. Can't tell you the break off the top of my head but will be able to look it up when I get in. I've not checked out any heorge garrison because the name is so naff, is it like this?

http://heorgegarrison.bandcamp.com/releases

You can hear another track in this mix @17mn20s :

https://soundcloud.com/fluorescentgrey/laustin-space-upcoming-recordlabelrecords-mix-2015

I've got another track that was on an "afxafxafxafxafx" soundcloud if i remember correctly :

https://soundcloud.com/diabrotikos/unknown-artist-unknown-title

I legit want a skrillex/aphex collab on the next ep.

Keep wanting it.

It would be such an interesting pair though.

He could become Richard's prodigy.

you mean Richards going to ghost produce skrililexs work as usual :dadjoke:

Upon 2nd listen i'm buying into the idea of that reddit track being authentic RDJ.

It's only accoustic instruments playing + that break in the middle.

Update: Forget it: Had a third listen, it's fake

Does anyone know a cure for this kind of anxiety of waiting some weeks for an album to come out?

Probably a coma.

Damn, I could go for a coma right now.

earlier i said the reddit track was a cover or version of 'rubber johnny'

although everyone here knows the scientific nomenclature and holy biblical name of the source audio in the cunningham video called 'rubber johnny'

i am an amateur musicologist, the reddit/vocaroo track is a version of one of the source audios from the cunningham video called 'rubber johnny'

my google muscles are too weak to wake up my photographic memory of each aphex twin track.

Does anyone know a cure for this kind of anxiety of waiting some weeks for an album to come out?

Probably a coma.

Damn, I could go for a coma right now.

Heh. If you can buy your kidnapping on the deep web I'm sure you can buy a coma.

I've been pretty off the internet for 2-3 days now but this is the best news I've heard since wednesday, pretty much putting me in a better mood.

Also : am I the only one thinking RDJ might be trolling us with the title ? i.e that album not being fully acoustic at all ? (even with all the gear names once again etc.)

Can't wait to hear this :music:

Also : flol at the french webstore fnac.com referring to the EP as the "2015 EP"

1420991930-capture-d-ecran-2015-01-11-a-

earlier i said the reddit track was a cover or version of 'rubber johnny'

although everyone here knows the scientific nomenclature and holy biblical name of the source audio in the cunningham video called 'rubber johnny'

i am an amateur musicologist, the reddit/vocaroo track is a version of one of the source audios from the cunningham video called 'rubber johnny'

my google muscles are too weak to wake up my photographic memory of each aphex twin track.

wow I think you are right, its a squishy bass version, anyway it's called Afx237 v.7

those spinning wheels right before the air horns are tight

I'm really curious if these will be of the 'raw take' variety or edited and manipulated in post production. Or will they be sort of hybrids recorded in a multitrack format (but live) and effected in post production.

my prediction is that they will be mostly raw takes with no extra effects added, maybe a reverb burst or delay and reverse here and there but minimally used

I'm really curious if these will be of the 'raw take' variety or edited and manipulated in post production. Or will they be sort of hybrids recorded in a multitrack format (but live) and effected in post production.

my prediction is that they will be mostly raw takes with no extra effects added, maybe a reverb burst or delay and reverse here and there but minimally used

I would be suprised if they were raw takes. I can't think of anything he has released on warp that wasn't nice and polished.

You're probably right regarding the effects though.

well the prepared piano tracks on Drukqs, and Aisatsana sound like raw takes to me, I haven't listened to the drukqs tracks in a while though. All i mean by a 'raw take' is just a straight recording with no heavy post production, like a good rock band who can play going into a studio to record a song in one go. The Xmas Evet10 track has one of the robot breaks in it, but he is heavily chopping it up and gating the snares in it, it's too hard to tell in that youtube track if he's keeping the recording raw or similarly chopping it up.

edit: if those outtake/demo Syro songs are any indication, even some of his recent electronic tracks are 'raw takes' in a similar sense, where just by using a sequencer and gear chain he's able to produce a fully finished sounding track with no obvious post production

Archived