IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I honestly can't wait until a new Aphex release becomes a normal thing for us. It's only been four months between Syro and CCAI2, which after 7 years of nowt feels like barely any time to wait. He's getting back into the swing of releasing things (for now, at least) and it seems likely we'll see a good few new things over the next few years. Perhaps not exactly 94-96 prolificacy, but it's still mental to think, in 2 weeks we'll have 100 more minutes of official afx material than we did this time last year. (of course not including the noyze modular fiddlings etc.)

I'm pretty excited that these are going to be tracks that aren't years old(then again, who knows!). I still have Syro on heavy repeat, but after reading the interviews and hearing all this talk about robots, I'm pretty stoked to hear these sessions for real. I can only imagine how much homework must be involved in correctly mic-ing and recording these contraptions.

Dunno about that reddit leak. It sounds highly possible. A good track no matter, and a good fake for this. Given that it does sound 'acoustic' in some key areas, plus it'd be pretty tricky to write/record that in the last 24 hours since the EP has been announced and mostly fit in with Acoustic Controlled BLAHBLAH that we expect from this EP.

There are what sounds like some post-recording manipulations, and the heavy use of samples...all that leads me to think it's not Aphex.

The last little vocal sample though, about 4:25 or whatever, that REALLY sounds like some of the Syro samples to me. Anyone else hear the similarity?

guess what, the reddit leak is a version of that rubber johnny song i said it first

either way, whether master richard is involved or not, its an aphex twin song.

Not that it needs to be AFX, but I'm having a hard time not hearing anyone else in it. those little 303 shredz are so good. If it's not him then lets figure out who!

Im betting it's him and he'll release it down the road.

exited, also feeling some coincidences here dudes.

New Ep announced, tune posted on reddit + this dude who i suspect might be afx on youtube all posting within days of eachother.

the uploader commented on this vid to the comment saying its a sample saying, 'its no afx sample' or something and has since deleted it.

anywho decide for yourself, his other two tracks are spot on afx 90s vibes, he did mention realsing older stuff under a new name in the interview. nerd over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suXZ-L22xE0

Guest bitroast

dumb fakes.

anyhow, vey happy with this news:)

i like how it shares a similar visual design to syro. anticipating this release will 'drukqs-ify' the syro tracks a bit more by adding some electro-acoustic piano / percussive live tracks to the mix:)

now just to wait until the part 1 announcement.

and a drukqs re-release pls ty

Guest bitroast

The EP artwork looks like the Steinvord's EP. Black and white minimalistic 0 design means great music guaranteed :biggrin:

pissflaps you fool! it looks more syro than steinvord!

Why are so many people disappointed about the length? Its an EP. I can't believe its been so long since his last release! About time I say! :emotawesomepm9:

it probably is one track divided in many tracks

that's a cool theory.

Also that 'fake' track sounds like two tracks with different approaches in style, now that i've listened to it (or them) again whilst actually paying attention. Still like it though.

Whoever thinks that the Reddit track is either Aphex or acoustic seriously need to get their ears checked.

The best guess so far in the thread is that it's the same person that made the Heorge Garrison tracks. This track has the same kind of phrasing -- in that it's both distinct and driving at the same time that it's kinda under developed and messy. The VSTi bass has been exchanged for a clavinet sample and the drums sound crustier this time around, though.

Archived