IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite interested to see what the packaging/artwork will be like on the physical release. Warp and Bleep are using different place holders to promote the EP, so I don't know which one is going to be final. Possibly the Bleep (black) design for CD/digital, and the Warp (grey) one for vinyl? Also hoping for some more visual goodies on the back/insert.

At least we know the CD is going to be in a digipack case.

Quite interested to see what the packaging/artwork will be like on the physical release. Warp and Bleep are using different place holders to promote the EP, so I don't know which one is going to be final. Possibly the Bleep (black) design for CD/digital, and the Warp (grey) one for vinyl? Also hoping for some more visual goodies on the back/insert.

At least we know the CD is going to be in a digipack case.

Don't expect too much, for the vinyl it just says 'spined sleeve' and '140g' which is basically another way of saying that it is a normal simple 12", like Steinvord. My guess is that the CD will be similar to the Syro design, but with less empty pages.

something like this probably, sorry if already posted

Epic

Damn. Very cool. More speculation: I have a feeling this release won't be very 'pretty'. Syro had so many pretty and overtly emotional moments.. Have a feeling this will be fairly harsh. I'm game for either though. Can't wait for his drum programming done acoustically.. in high quality sound. :))

I'm really curious if these will be of the 'raw take' variety or edited and manipulated in post production. Or will they be sort of hybrids recorded in a multitrack format (but live) and effected in post production.

my prediction is that they will be mostly raw takes with no extra effects added, maybe a reverb burst or delay and reverse here and there but minimally used

my thoughts exactly. I'm hyped !

something like this probably, sorry if already posted

Jesus Christ this is amazing. I've listened to it ONCE and I've already had it stuck in my head all day.

Seen that. I just think it would be cool if something along those lines was embedded into the artwork, or more appropriately, a photo of the 'robot room'.

What if the badger is a robot . . . the pizza box, a snare . . . the pepper a triangle . . . ?

^ omg yes

Honestly, I actually love how little hype and such short notice this has been given.. especially right off the trail of Syro. It's like a little Aphex afterthought... gives the feeling that it's kind of an underground release.. made for people who stumble upon it in the dark depths. and i love the fact that it's an ep- for some reason a mysterious afx ep is kinda more exciting to me than a full length, something about to the short but sweet mystery, and the idea that theres more of this or a series to come. so excited to hear what it sounds like. i too am hoping it will focus on melody as well as audiophile-calibre recording/mixing. Fuck yeah aphex is back. Unreal!

also that non-pretentious literal title is superb!

also, damn i want that promo poster!

Oh lawd we have been blessed. I hope it's weird.

YES. WEIRD AND/OR MELODIC AND/ OR DREAMY. RICARDO PLZ!

ALL OF THE ABOVE WOULD B A MIRACLE RICARDO

I'm mostly wondering about when will we get to hear a track from the EP or the previews?

I'm dying for a snippet. But I'm going to try to not hear a thing until I give the vinyl a spin for the first time. I've never not ruined an Aphex release for myself before. Give me strength gang.

Archived