IGNORED

Aphex Twin: Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP

Dpek

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder if this is going to be RDJ just showing off on this EP, like going for Frank Zappa was trying to achieve on G-Spot Tornado and make music that's supposed to be impossible to be played by people or something.

Also, I really hope this doesn't leak, it'd be so predictable at this point, I can't remember the last somewhat major album that didn't leak a week or 2 (at least) before official release. Even the record Kanye West locked in a safe until he sent it off for pressing leaked a week early. I want to pick up the 12" in the post after work on Friday and stick it on without any interruptions, is that too much to ask, 2015?

I'd would rather make that connection to that Zappa project with Squarepushers robot EP. Don't think it'll apply to Aphex, especially if we can believe the description of Jbrace1970 above :)

I'm interested as to why he separated these tracks from the more accessible tracks on Syro, because putting them together in one go 'really tied Drukqs together' for me. I'm getting the impression that they weren't taken seriously or just viewed as interludes, and with this he wants to give them a bit more credit? I don't know, but I do know that I am going to put Syro plus these EP's in one shuffled playlist

I wonder if this is going to be RDJ just showing off on this EP, like going for Frank Zappa was trying to achieve on G-Spot Tornado and make music that's supposed to be impossible to be played by people or something.

Also, I really hope this doesn't leak, it'd be so predictable at this point, I can't remember the last somewhat major album that didn't leak a week or 2 (at least) before official release. Even the record Kanye West locked in a safe until he sent it off for pressing leaked a week early. I want to pick up the 12" in the post after work on Friday and stick it on without any interruptions, is that too much to ask, 2015?

I'd would rather make that connection to that Zappa project with Squarepushers robot EP. Don't think it'll apply to Aphex, especially if we can believe the description of Jbrace1970 above :)

I'm interested as to why he separated these tracks from the more accessible tracks on Syro, because putting them together in one go 'really tied Drukqs together' for me. I'm getting the impression that they weren't taken seriously or just viewed as interludes, and with this he wants to give them a bit more credit? I don't know, but I do know that I am going to put Syro plus these EP's in one shuffled playlist

Perhaps he didn't want people to think he was trying to recreate drukqs. And I get what you mean, those little tracks sort of justified the length. When you listen to the whole thing without the piano/acoustic bits, it sounds a bit awkward, plus it leaves only 5 tracks from disc 2. So many tracks are so very different, punctuated nicely with small compositions (which is imo why drukqs is so incredibly unique). That particular purpose isn't really here on this release, so I wonder how these tracks will live inside their own specific release, if it'll be anywhere near as minimal as, or sound anything like the stuff on drukqs.

Syro seems like a very self aware record in terms of sound & production, with all those vintage synths (with even those jan hammer percussions) from the late 70s+80s. The whole syro palette seems really synths based, while on the ep, all the tracks have those acoustic sounds palette (prepared piano, real drums), so it make sense those 2 records with 2 strong identities are separated. Thinks of a small dysfunctionnal gamelan ensemble.

Did some digging, found this.

Google Translation from site (japanese): Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP". Artwork is also in charge of The Designers Republic as "Syro". Latest color large format logo sticker is sealed in domestic record, first Edition only a six-sided digipak. In addition, when you book this work in the target store, you can get a special poster.

Tower Records, HMV, diskunion, amazon each of the original award of contents and each image, and publish images of special posters get when you book an album in the target store.

Target store limited Booking Bonus: A2 poster
Tower Records: large format sticker set (two design)
HMV: original logo badge
disk union: Original EP Design badge
amazon: Original Logo Magnet

%E3%82%B9%E3%82%AF%E3%83%AA%E3%83%BC%E3%

Google Translation from site (japanese): Computer Controlled Acoustic Instruments pt2 EP". Artwork is also in charge of The Designers Republic as "Syro". Latest color large format logo sticker is sealed in domestic record, first Edition only a six-sided digipak. In addition, when you book this work in the target store, you can get a special poster.

Tower Records, HMV, diskunion, amazon each of the original award of contents and each image, and publish images of special posters get when you book an album in the target store.

I want!!

Can you tell if the freebies are for CDs or just vinyl?

I want!!

Can you tell if the freebies are for CDs or just vinyl?

Only CD it seems. I see no mention of them being included on vinyl orders.

http://www.beatink.com/Labels/Warp-Records/Aphex-Twin/BRE-50/

Another bad translation: "Latest color large format logo sticker is sealed in domestic record, it is the release of at first Edition only six-sided digipak"

I wonder if this ep starts something like the analord series

Would be a total of three EPs then. Analord released number n-1 first. Also, the rest will be AFX.

pfff I want to hear that so hard...

also thought about the Analord thing btw. It would make sense actually. Like a series of EPs based on RDJ's experiments with this new tool. Richard plz

Was there a similar graphic anywhere for the Syro Japanese extras? Need to check all that off.

I'm actually a bit relieved there is no Japanese bonus tracks... Still doubting to pick this up although it'll be way too expensive and I already ordered the CD and 12" from Bleep. Meh.

edit: so where's jasondonervan at? He's always the first one getting these in, maybe he already has it by now :)

where did you hear it?

a friend is in distribution and last night came round and give me it.its defiantly what u would call an ep you will see what i mean when u hear it.if u like mixing records its a fucking dream.

ok bear with me me u people know how to word these things,I'm familiar with all back catalogue and as far as experimental goes its all pretty experimental but this is new as its kind of like one of those remix competitions u get where u can mix it all together and make your own track.but the sound is those nice acoustic sounds of drukqs,ruglen holon,prep gwarlek but with those product29 beats

If this turns out to be accurate I will be so excited. Sounds amazing.

Archived