IGNORED

Organizing the Soundcloud material

Kennylogg Bubblebath

yeah youre right, the track is clearly titled '5' in a reference to '4'. He didn't truly start inserting random numbers into his track titles til Drukqs.

The numbers are just a cataloging artifact, if you want to keep them in to honor the slapdash spirit of the thing then fine, but I'll take them out cause I'm sure they werent present when the tracks were created/named.

wha wha wha whaaat?

it's called version number of the tracks. it's because computers

plaese don't use word random and aphex in one sentence. thanks :happy:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put the ones you really like into a folder called 'really good'

Put the others into another folder called 'not quite so good but still pretty good'

Also take the time to go back to Soundcloud and 'Like' the ones that you really like - this might be useful for RDJ if he ever thinks about putting a subset out as a proper release.

Why no 'quite good' category?

gorfman666 did some nice artwork

sSCichh.png

Decided to Split it up into 8 albums/14 tracks each. Named it "The Ravers Friend Vol. 1-8" and it plays in the order it was released. made some art too. This will be a little easier for me to dive into.

Do you mind sharing these beautiful artwork in high resolution? Thx man, oh what a week!

http://imgur.com/qGdq48K,x9qawYP,wqxxQgD,NxSD9E2,asTjrsz,mpYJgKP,TX8xgWA,9zI3jRW

Thank you kindly.

Seconded!

I like that Raver's Friend tag :w00t:

Is it worth doing anything with these files at the moment, whats this i hear about James uploading them in better quality this saturday?

I like that Raver's Friend tag :w00t:

Is it worth doing anything with these files at the moment, whats this i hear about James uploading them in better quality this saturday?

He already did, there's a link to all the tracks in higher quality somewhere in the soundcloud dump thread

while it's admirably creepy, it doesn't really work as a concept as there vast changes in years/styles on the what you're seeing as individual tapes and things like there being three tracks 7s on "old tape #6"

Yeah, my guess are these are some compilations he made way back. I think the numbers starting each track name are the track number they would be in an official release if they got one, unrelated to their track number in these compilations. So, for instance, various tracks from Analogue Bubblebath 6 are strewn across tapes 6 and 12, out of order. Others aren't on any of these compilations.

This is just trying to guess at his working method here, and probably inaccurate. I can only speak for myself: I tend to work on making several tracks together that I think would fit together on a single release, and sometimes even get as far as numbering which order I think they'd go in, before changing my mind and using some of them on one release and others on another release, or not at all. I think we're seeing some of that going on. Like how Fingerbib was likely going to be on Melodies From Mars, where it fit well, then got whisked off to the Richard D. James Album, where it provided an interesting contrast to, or rest from, the rest of the album.

it's called version number of the tracks. it's because computers

plaese don't use word random and aphex in one sentence. thanks :happy:

He really should check out Git... :)

This is my first home made attempt at an Aphex Twin album. While waiting for Melodies from Mars, I wanted a mid-tempo, nostalgic, lush, melodic, sometimes experimental and dreamy album…

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. Sline

09. ∂ƒ∆

10. Bicycle Wheel

11. Japan

This is my first home made attempt at an Aphex Twin album. While waiting for Melodies from Mars, I wanted a mid-tempo, nostalgic, lush, melodic, sometimes experimental and dreamy album…

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. Sline

09. ∂ƒ∆

10. Bicycle Wheel

11. Japan

Actually, you know what? Let's go 100% LUSH and keep Sline, Bicycle Wheel and Japan for another darker volume. :)

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. SSNB

09. ∂ƒ∆

10. Slow Early Morning

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. Sline

09. ∂ƒ∆

10. Bicycle Wheel

11. Japan

Actually, you know what? Let's go 100% LUSH and keep Sline, Bicycle Wheel and Japan for another darker volume. :)

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. SSNB

09. ∂ƒ∆

10. Slow Early Morning

Sorry, boys and girls, I promise this is the last time. Super lush album. Please share your albums too! :)

01. Chink 101

02. Gerald Remix

03. With My Family

04. ∂ƒx 126b

05. Lush Slow Blips

06. Utopia

07. Donkey Rhubarb Remix

08. ∂ƒ∆

09. SSNB

10. Slow Early Morning

i set aside 12 songs to not listen to because i thought it would be cool to have that, they're

save.jpg

so, omitting those, i made a list of favorites, excluding heavy ones:

fav.jpg

and also a list of heavy shit:

heavy.jpg

whats the term for the heavy list? heavy isnt the right word

dunno how useful this is, but i went through the tracks and, as far as i know, these are the only ones that haven't yet been made available in 320kbps:

2 dual acid ab6 (uploaded in 256kbps)
3 hollow alias ab6 (uploaded in 256kbps)
4 how to science ab6 (uploaded in 256kbps)
5 how to science 2 ab6 (uploaded in 256kbps)
6 step up to cornwall (uploaded in 256kbps)
10 shit smothered (uploaded in VBR?)
luke vibert remix [future music competition remix] (uploaded in 192kbps)

(throatie) (uploaded in 80kbps mono)
(water) (uploaded in 160kbps)
th1 (uploaded in 160kbps)
5 Girl Boy Dark Version (uploaded in 128kbps)

though they could be re-uploaded soon, who knows...

Has anyone else considered this for the "album title" of the entire collection?

fly away babies, good luck!

I did for a sec when he wrote that, but now I think I'll go with 'Sc' for the whole thing. Not sure that I want to change AFX to AFx though.

Here's an editable spreadsheet from the /r/aphextwin subreddit, includes an "album/EP closest to" column and all the info available, it's really good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

So yeah, this is what I'm doing...

2149vn9.jpg

Here's an editable spreadsheet from the /r/aphextwin subreddit, includes an "album/EP closest to" column and all the info available, it's really good

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11ouNaaVrNp60Ib34Kp0TO1n1XSc7-9DvfiZ9ZiTiD2c/htmlview?usp=sharing&sle=true

Damn, that IS really good. Props to whoever set that up.

So yeah, this is what I'm doing...

2149vn9.jpg

Damn, that IS really good. Props to whoever set that up.

Nice to see someone else with exact same track numbers. makes me known im likely not missing anything less u r

Archived