IGNORED

Organizing the Soundcloud material

Kennylogg Bubblebath

Right guys, we all need to sort out an unofficial tagging system for the recent Soundcloud dump. Obviously you don't have to adhere to this. It's just a little something for all the OCD'ers, such as myself. I thought I'd start a new thread seeing as the other one is getting a bit mental, and I suppose not everyone gives a shit about the actual organization.

Are we going to categorize all 111 tracks as one artist? Or separate them under the different monikers? The latter may be a bit tricky, but I'm up for a challenge.

If we decide to go down the 'one artist' route, are we grouping all of the tracks into one massive album, or compiling them into a bunch of different releases?

Finally, should we keep or ditch the numbers at the start of the tracks?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just have a folder with the Noyzelab interview tracks and a folder with all these new tracks. For true OCD'ers though, don't forget about '5 Window Peeper' from the former mentioned batch: from 1988 and made in Llannerlog studios it fits in perfectly with the rest.

My plan:

- List to the lot on my 8 hour car journey this weekend

- tag them by moniker: Caustic Window/Polygon Window/AFX (ABB style)/AFX (HAB style)/Aphex Twin etc

- reorganize into albums with possible some tweaking or creative re-ordering/re-0tagging depending on album length/flow etc

Put the ones you really like into a folder called 'really good'

Put the others into another folder called 'not quite so good but still pretty good'

Also take the time to go back to Soundcloud and 'Like' the ones that you really like - this might be useful for RDJ if he ever thinks about putting a subset out as a proper release.

My plan:

- List to the lot on my 8 hour car journey this weekend

- tag them by moniker: Caustic Window/Polygon Window/AFX (ABB style)/AFX (HAB style)/Aphex Twin etc

- reorganize into albums with possible some tweaking or creative re-ordering/re-0tagging depending on album length/flow etc

It's almost 9 hours of material though, might want to squeeze 45 minutes of music somewhere

can someone pastebin the comments and hashtags for all 109 tracks?

comments, but no hashtags: http://pastebin.com/dvy1MYjD

Here, this is fairly complete with hashtags and everything (I did not compile it; a user in the other thread did):

https://gist.github.com/tablatronix/e1ae69227eb86818113c

After listening to a few hours of material today, I've kind of decided that I could treat this as a 8 hours + album. I started it this morning when I woke up at 9, it's now 13h and the album is still unfolding... It seems to all fit together.

here's an idea

Set up a page where a random track plays and the user categorizes it as belonging to a certain style/album-likeness. Watmmers use it -hopefully not trolling the shit out of it- data is collected, after enough info is gathered results are published.

I'd do it myself but I don't even know where I could host a script like this script for free (google sites maybe?) or how to set it up, and I'm lazy.

Archived