IGNORED

Mayweather vs Pacquiao

Nebraska

I used to watch boxing back in the day... Marvelous Marvin Hagler, Sugar Ray Leonard, Ray Boom Boom Mancini, Hearns, Roberto Duran... Watched off and on since then, I liked Lennox Lewis... I stopped watching after he retired.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not as exciting as watching some guy twiddling knobs on stage but not everything can be, I suppose.

tbh it was amazing to me how FM could dodge so much stuff.

He's in the company of Pernell Whitaker and Willie Pep as one of, if not the, greatest defensive fighters of all time. However, I was still pretty unimpressed with his performance on Saturday. You're supposed to make em miss and make em pay. The only people that really payed were those who purchased a ridiculously overpriced PPV essentially to witness a low volume, pitter patter outpointing. But that's how it goes sometimes, especially with a guy like Floyd.

Watching this fight reminded me of watching Chelsea. Boring as fuck but got the job done. No disrespect to Chelsea. They were very entertaining for the first half of the season. Sometimes You gotta do what it takes to get the job done but I don't advise paying big money to watch it. Almost $100 to watch this fight was fucking outrageous.

Comparing arctic drilling and this fight is a bit of a stretch, no?

I mean yeah, mayweather and pacquiao both made a shit ton of money, but at what harm to others? This isn't like Wall Street scum, or oil corps ruining the earth for all. The only people who paid for this are the ones who chose to, whereas Shell drilling in the Arctic means we all pay, whether we choose to or not.

Honestly, deep dicking PPV viewers is a better way to fund sporting events than ripping off every cable subscriber in the country as most sports leagues do.

I dunno about you guys, but I work the fryer for 6 hours a day at Burger King and get paid about $3.5 million an hour. I buy a yacht or condo every week, and it's getting pretty retarded. I imagine someone in accounting has fucked up big time, but I'm gonna milk this baby until it's dead. Also, I do not recommend literally milking babies until they're dead, because it's probably illegal. And I don't mean marijuana illegal or "you're not the right color to drink from this water fountain" illegal-- I mean "this is not cool" illegal. So don't do that. I don't want to be responsible for a Daily Mail headline.

I dunno about you guys, but I work the fryer for 6 hours a day at Burger King and get paid about $3.5 million an hour. I buy a yacht or condo every week, and it's getting pretty retarded. I imagine someone in accounting has fucked up big time, but I'm gonna milk this baby until it's dead. Also, I do not recommend literally milking babies until they're dead, because it's probably illegal. And I don't mean marijuana illegal or "you're not the right color to drink from this water fountain" illegal-- I mean "this is not cool" illegal. So don't do that. I don't want to be responsible for a Daily Mail headline.

Hadn't thought about that, will look into it

Comparing arctic drilling and this fight is a bit of a stretch, no?

I mean yeah, mayweather and pacquiao both made a shit ton of money, but at what harm to others? This isn't like Wall Street scum, or oil corps ruining the earth for all. The only people who paid for this are the ones who chose to, whereas Shell drilling in the Arctic means we all pay, whether we choose to or not.

i think for me it's more about where people's minds are. if everyone who payed $100 for the mayweather pacquiao fight instead choose to bid for a reversal in the decision to allow shell to drill in the arctic then we wouldn't "all pay".

Archived