IGNORED

Bola

fumi

I heard that he used to produce his tracks on a korg triton, I wonder if that's still the case.... has been forever though hasn't it? 👾

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 11:09 PM, cern said:

Thinking about why a little cunt like Clark can have a subforum here and 1 IDM-GOD:Bola can not makes me sick.

simple: he made Empty the Bones of You

Spoiler

though he also made Totems Flare so i guess you have a point

Edited by X4creek
  • Haha 1

There's a cool interview with him in a music mag

Uses Maschine and Studio One plus obvs lots of other bits

6 hours ago, YEK said:

I heard that he used to produce his tracks on a korg triton, I wonder if that's still the case.... has been forever though hasn't it? 👾

That would be sick 

7 hours ago, YEK said:

I remember seeing him live in a little club and his entire set was done with a big 76 key korg of some kind.

I remember being really sad to read in an interview that DEG would prob be the end of Bola :((((

10 hours ago, cern said:

Pads from another world! 

Actually played this yesterday for the first time in ages. It did indeed sound perfecto.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

I remember being really sad to read in an interview that DEG would prob be the end of Bola :((((

Do you remember why he said that?

What’s the significance of the abbreviated title D.E.G? 

“I always do these crazy puns. My name’s Darrell Earnest Fitton, so when we originally said we were going to do this album I said to Skam that this is probably going to be the end of Bola… so it’ll be Darrell Earnest is Gone – D.E.G.”

Bola discusses the changing face of music technology and faking an analogue sound (MusicRadar)

That's a nice interview; I'm still a huge Fitton fan, I've got all Bola and Jello releases in all formats available. I also remember emailing him to find out about the Shapes release back in the day, and he confirmed that it was him.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, xox said:

I can’t imagine him quitting and based on this interview it won’t happen 

I have decided to reminds hopeful as well!

I've been cranking mauver and gnayse all week , such a nice hot summer artist

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ignatius said:

i used to play this all the time in dj sets. 

Such a fucking banger insane

6 hours ago, Ski Nell said:

Weird, I remember people saying DEG was just a play on words, as in

Bola DEG = "Boiled egg"

It stands for boiled egg and darrell earnest is gone

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

This is a deceptively simple but complex piece of music, just listen to all the sounds making up the rhythm part - and the chord/vocal progression is absolutely angelic. This is one of the tracks I want to be played at my wake, it's so beautiful that if I'm in a delicate mood, I get something in my eye. Gnayse is such a wonderful album. Deru's Trying To Remember from the same year (2004) is hard and fast in the same evocative category. See also: Bersarin Quartett, Ocoeur.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Not so great news but here it goes as I have talked with the man himself.. 

First of all he feels very humbled by all u guys kind and nice comments! he appreciate it alot and is forever grateful for all the support! 🤎

Bola is alive and he wants Bola to live on but in the real world all his time goes to gardening and such stuff. Music is not ruled out but getting any inspiration at all for making music is super super rare (He said rare as finding unicorns poo), so don't have any expectations at all.

Overall: Massive thanks to us who love his work! 

🤎

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, cern said:

First of all he feels very humbled by all u guys kind and nice comments! he appreciate it alot and is forever grateful for all the support! 🤎

Bola is alive and he wants Bola to live on but in the real world all his time goes to gardening and such stuff. Music is not ruled out but getting any inspiration at all for making music is super super rare (He said rare as finding unicorns poo), so don't have any expectations at all.

🤎

My eternal gratitude to Mr. Fitton for blessing us with some of the most intricate and beautiful music I've ever heard. Glad to hear he's doing well too. All hail the Bolaman

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, cern said:

🤎

I had the pleasure to see him perform live in Berlin some decade ago. Feels even more valuable now then it was back then

• Like 2