IGNORED

Music sounds too slow

Twelvetrees

This often happens to me with Vordhosbn. I put it on wanting blinding speed and it sounds....slow. As if my brain is keeping up with every single detail and the speed is cancelled out, making the track sound quite disappointing. I get this every now and then, it comes and goes, but it happens with loads of tracks, not only Vordhosbn but it seems to be the most frustrating there. Weird huh?

I think that means you're very present and 'in the now' - rather than clouded with other thoughts and stuff.

Either that or you're Neo from the Matrix.

Vordhosbn isn't fast, hearing every detail shouldn't be a problem. It's a funk jam with some paradiddle play about.

And if things got so fast that you couldn't hear every detail, it would be crossing the threshold into what's the point, well unless it was like some kind effect or timbre. I mean get a wave file and zoom in, heh, there's lots of stuff happening that you can't hear or know that's there within a single note. So don't worry about it.

i remember when i bought slayer - reign in blood, i thought that was fast, didn't take me long to realise that it wasn't. So yeah, maybe what stocko said, your brain is adapting.

I have this exact 'problem'. It has a lot to do with how tired you are. If I just wake up, or stay up a long time, music will seem to go like 5-10 bpm faster, not to mention aphex twin breakbeat can be a bit annoying to listen to in the morning. Though if music is getting my adrenaline going, it may start out feeling normal, but then slow down with the right tracks where I keep up with every detail.

Though vordhosbn is ez to keep up with too be honest. I can't think of anything of his that's hard to keep up with.

I've noticed that the EQ changes how fast I perceive the music to be. If the low frequencies are cut off then the music usually sounds faster. IDK why?

when i finish a track the last thing i do is to usually speed it up by 2% by default cause i know that after >20 listening it'll become too slow to other ppl

I have this exact 'problem'. It has a lot to do with how tired you are. If I just wake up, or stay up a long time, music will seem to go like 5-10 bpm faster, not to mention aphex twin breakbeat can be a bit annoying to listen to in the morning. Though if music is getting my adrenaline going, it may start out feeling normal, but then slow down with the right tracks where I keep up with every detail.

Though vordhosbn is ez to keep up with too be honest. I can't think of anything of his that's hard to keep up with.

It's not really the details of the track, it's more the way it grabs me (getting vague here, will try to be clear). I associate a sort of 'BAM here we go' feeling with the point when the drums kick in in Vordhosbn but sometimes I just don't get it and the track sounds plainer and boring, which I know it isn't.

I've noticed music sounds faster when I'm standing in my bathroom and music is playing in my front room. Perhaps try listening to music from your bathroom?

one time i ate an acid and i heard pink floyd at 298 bpm it was crazy but still too slow so i was like 'turn it up to 360 lets do a full circle lad'. seemed to make sense at the time.

flol

Guest cult fiction

Vordhosbn isn't fast, hearing every detail shouldn't be a problem. It's a funk jam with some paradiddle play about.

Yeah I love listening to all those 170bpm funk jams out there

This often happens to me with Vordhosbn. I put it on wanting blinding speed and it sounds....slow. As if my brain is keeping up with every single detail and the speed is cancelled out, making the track sound quite disappointing. I get this every now and then, it comes and goes, but it happens with loads of tracks, not only Vordhosbn but it seems to be the most frustrating there. Weird huh?

it must suck not to enjoy things that aren't fast

are you the type that doesn't like to watch movies more than once

because you already know what happens

so like pfff what's the point innit?

I've noticed music sounds faster when I'm standing in my bathroom and music is playing in my front room. Perhaps try listening to music from your bathroom?

...if you start walking very fast back to your room you'll hear it even faster :cerious:

I know this feeling well. As far as I can tell it's about a perfect timing of heavier snare and kick hits that leads to the best and fastest flow. In vordhosbn there are mostly slow accentuated snares and kicks that slow the perceptual pace of the track considerably. All the hectic higher pitched hits don't alleviate this and leads to a lagging kind of feeling. The only problem is if you have too many kicks and heavy snares at a time it can sound like too much. I'm trying to think of the tracks I've heard but couldn't come up with any rgit now

OP is listening too fast, try lowering the tension of your eardrum.

hm my sweetspot for bpms has slowly worked it's way down over the years.

i'm sure they've appeared on this board before but you should check out the slowed drukqs tracks. i hear so much more detail in them and some work really well. might mess with your messed metronome, in a good way.

it must suck not to enjoy things that aren't fast

are you the type that doesn't like to watch movies more than once

because you already know what happens

so like pfff what's the point innit?

Nah. I put people who don't rewatch below me.

Archived