hacked/modded version

works on vista at least

about 30mb

should sort out the registry problems

think it works in wine

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i sometimes hate the ui of win7 until the moment i proceed using my time with productive things (yeah, you can waste time with installing tools for additional software to make it possible to install the final theme software)

its about what you intend to do with your computing device

dont waste your time considering win10 if you use it for work, creative stuff; something timeintense with a high value for you. always assuming status quo is your "running team" (you know what have to do with teams like that)

if you dont use it for important task you should have time to modify your win xp / 7 / 8 / 8.1 so that it looks like OSX El Cunt or you should sell the device and save your money

maybe some cheapo stuff instead or you could do something usefull with your time (like posting in forums)

Yes, I just went for it without backing up or preparing anything. Took about an hour or less and it's all very smooth so far. Only minor point is I had to reset Foobar2000 as default player again, and the start button scrambled the apps that I organized in Windows 8 a bit.

Can't say much else yet except that it isn't much different from 8 in the short time of using it.

gonna do it as soon as it lets me, i found the alternative drivers for my sound card. it's still at the "notify me when ready stage". does it download stuff in the background or something?

Last night I ran Disk Cleaner and it removed ~8gb of backup 'Windows Installation' files - I bet it had actually downloaded/pre-loaded Win10 in the background a few days back and now I'm gonna have to download the bugger again !

Can anyone tell me whether it's possible to change the inactive window border colour in Windows 10? That's the single most annoying thing about 8 for me.

been running 10 insider builds most of this year. haven't really had any issues.

that said i tend to run beta everything... i like to live dangerously (sunglasses)

my friend told me everything worked smooth as silk. another said he had problems with drivers.

might try it on my lappie

Win 10 seems more geared towards laptops than desktops, which makes sense since laptop hardware is more of a known quantity versus a desktop where people can have all sorts of hardware in the mix.

Anyone figure out how to Here's how to prevent Win 10 from broadcasting your WiFi password to all your Outlook and Skype contacts (encrypted, but still): http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/07/28/why-windows-10-shares-your-wi-fi-password-and-how-to-stop-it/

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

my friend told me everything worked smooth as silk. another said he had problems with drivers.

might try it on my lappie

Win 10 seems more geared towards laptops than desktops, which makes sense since laptop hardware is more of a known quantity versus a desktop where people can have all sorts of hardware in the mix.

Anyone figure out how to Here's how to prevent Win 10 from broadcasting your WiFi password to all your Outlook and Skype contacts (encrypted, but still): http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/07/28/why-windows-10-shares-your-wi-fi-password-and-how-to-stop-it/

Up and running on laptop now. Disabled literally every checkbox in the setup process that was 'helpfully' automatically checked for me. Every single suggestion was just really insidious data collection shite. Fuck off!

Have a desktop running Win 7 too - worth upgrading or not? What's the verdict on that? (main music workstation/digital art machine)

I don't know about music - you might want to check beforehand that the drivers any devices you use are supported, as is the software. From the digital art side of things, I know Photoshop CS6 works fine (Photoshop CC 2015 should too).

it actually migrated my snd card drivers from win 8.1 to 10, officially there are no win 10 drivers for my snd card but the 8.1 ones work after the upgrade process.

yeah so it's looking good, it's quicker than 8.1, doesn't have a retarded start menu, vritual desktops can be pretty useful, more window snapping features. that's the stuff i found useful so far.

I'm not exactly sure what is causing it, but suddenly my laptop's CPU use went up quite a bit. When above a certain percentage the sound of my internet stream (YouTube in this case) is stuttering. Only my old laptop with Windows Vista had this issue... Haven't had this with 8.1, seems more sluggish overall now. Maybe there's a bunch of updates being installed / downloaded in the background? Soundcard drivers?

Just did a first reboot and it took ages... Yesterday it took just a few seconds.

yeah so it's looking good, it's quicker than 8.1, doesn't have a retarded start menu, vritual desktops can be pretty useful, more window snapping features. that's the stuff i found useful so far.

is ableton and all vst working?

i dunno i don't use it, but flstudio and its vsts work fine. it's pretty much windows 8.5, so i think at its core there isn't that much change.

oh and btw there's a useful revert to previous windows version option, so you can safely try it.

i dunno i don't use it, but flstudio and its vsts work fine. it's pretty much windows 8.5, so i think at its core there isn't that much change.

oh and btw there's a useful revert to previous windows version option, so you can safely try it.

thanks. i was worried about program compatibilities. i hope cracks and stuff still work too! :)

My AV (Kaspersky) and app firewall (Comodo) don't work, now have to wait for hotfixes. Joy! Kinda wish I didn't just assume they would function seeing as 10 has been in large-scale testing for god knows how long.

Archived