IGNORED

Windows 10 (out now)

Rubin Farr

im on 8.1, how do i get it to stop asking me if i want to upgrade? i get a blue pop up every time i come out of sleep

there's a way yeah just google.

shiat now im thinking of getting 8.1 again :/

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry if this has been posted before but essential Windows 10 disable tracking tool to stop Microsoft collecting all your useless beastiality and animal farming links...

https://github.com/10se1ucgo/DisableWinTracking/releases

Say No to The Age of Data and Surveillance.

this disables their torrent tracking / cracked software detection?

logo-trans.png?123
  • fb_logo.png
  • twittericon.gif
  • gplus-32.png
Windows 10 can seek out pirated software

August 17th, 2015 at 3:47 pm - Author Matthew Wilson

Microsoft recently updated its EULA for Windows 10, noting that the operating system can seek out and potentially disable any pirated software, like games, running on your PC. The new clause in question is found under section 7b of the EULA, which says that Microsoft may check your software at any time and download updates or make configuration changes.

“We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services”.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/windows-10-can-seek-out-pirated-software/

logo-trans.png?123
  • fb_logo.png
  • twittericon.gif
  • gplus-32.png
Windows 10 can seek out pirated software

August 17th, 2015 at 3:47 pm - Author Matthew Wilson

Microsoft recently updated its EULA for Windows 10, noting that the operating system can seek out and potentially disable any pirated software, like games, running on your PC. The new clause in question is found under section 7b of the EULA, which says that Microsoft may check your software at any time and download updates or make configuration changes.

“We may automatically check your version of the software and download software updates or configuration changes, including those that prevent you from accessing the Services, playing counterfeit games, or using unauthorized hardware peripheral devices. You may also be required to update the software to continue using the Services”.

http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/operating-systems/matthew-wilson/windows-10-can-seek-out-pirated-software/

i read it will only work on "Windows" games.

Seems like it'd be a ballache on their part. And why would they even care if people are pirating non-Micro$haft software/games?

I can think of one without even trying.

MS: Hey what up. Give us some huge coin, and we'll agree to sniff out and delete all the pirated stuff off our users PCs. They've already legally agreed to it. Lol.

Small software games/hardware/whatever company: Er, well we can't really afford...

MS: What about you guys?

Large software games/hardware/whatever company: We've taken a bit hit over the years, and this sounds like an exciting opportunity.

I think the false positives would fuck the whole thing over, unless they’re just looking at Microsoft products in which case the only Microsoft thing actually on my system (and I suspect most people’s systems) is Windows itself. And yeah I'd imagine that if it did indeed try to update an OS that's been cracked to lose all the activation bits it probably would fall over and cause problems !

this disables their torrent tracking / cracked software detection?

There is no torrent tracking or cracked software detection.

i read it will only work on "Windows" games.

It's part of the EULA for your Microsoft Online Services account, not Windows 10. It's only a EULA for one thing, there's no reason to believe there's any checking of any kind going on. But all the EULA authorises them to do is prevent you logging in with an XBOX Live account with a cracked game.

So I still have terrible boot up times, and also the fucking color themes doesn't wokr properly when changing wallpapers, also sometimes the Start search function doesn't responds.

WTF is this shit? I mean really they added fucking stupid games and ads and apps (those which, if I uninstall, they get downloaded again) rather than a good OS?

Fucking Microsoft, I only downloaded this piece of shit because it will be the supported product by now and because, ironically, one of the core marketing of this fucking bullshit wast "fast start ups"...

I'm really angry.

ALSO the fucking new Start window. Really, the Metro one was fucking perfect, now this is convoluted shit so I now obligatory need to use the search function instead of having everything I use the most right in front of me and simply click on it

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKK

the Metro one was fucking perfect

No, it really wasn't, and was the reason so many people hated Windows 8, and thus why they moved things back closer to how things were. This is actually the first time since XP that I've not needed to use Classic Shell for daily use of the Start Menu.

ALSO the fucking new Start window. Really, the Metro one was fucking perfect, now this is convoluted shit so I now obligatory need to use the search function instead of having everything I use the most right in front of me and simply click on it

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUKKKKKKKKKKKKK

The Windows 8 Metro UI was far from perfect, but it was definitely better than this new Windows 10 'Start Menu'.

It's pretty much the same thing, functionality and design wise, except now I have to scroll for ages to find stuff instead of seeing everything on one screen.

It seems as if M$ were trying to offer a happy medium with the new start menu, but it definitely backfired imo. Either go big or go home, cunts.

You can 'stretch'/'squash' the width of the Start Menu from the Windows XP esque one vertical line (but with tabs) to the super-big super-wide 8.1 like uber menu

Tried Windows 10 for about a week. Though I noticed better performance, I still wasnt keen on the privacy settings and the look of the start menu. I reverted back to Windows 7. If it aint broke, dont fix it.

so i finally got an upgrade prompt but it isn't going smoothly at all. the download progress is permanently stalled at 32% and part of the upgrade process has you uninstall "incompatible" apps (the only one that shows up for me is daemon's tools) which i then choose to uninstall but then the screen hangs there forever as well...

i clicked to uninstall dt as a part of win10 installation and it just hangs. now it doesn't appear in my installed programs but even if i completely cancel and restart the upgrade it hangs at the same place for the same reason =\

I think mine 'hung' around the 30% mark (the hard drive didn't seem to be doing anything at all) and was shitting myself that I'd broke my lappy and would have to reformat it all. Left it for another 15 minutes and it then jumped to 40% and all continued fine!

Edit : Soz, mine was during the install rather than the download...

mine was during install (although i swear at some point it said "downloading") but i left it overnight the first time... and nothing. then got to the same point this morning and left it for an hour and still no progress. i'm not the only one with this problem and so far the m$oft response has been to use the manual downloader method thing which i started before leaving for work this morning. will try again tonite i guess ;\

ultimately looking to upgrade my pc in the next year or so but hoping some of the ssd stuff will come down a good bit in the next year before upgrading. i usually try to keep my pcs future proof (for my needs at least) for at least 5 yrs.

ultimately looking to upgrade my pc in the next year or so but hoping some of the ssd stuff will come down a good bit in the next year before upgrading.

I highly recommend hybrid SSD drives - It has a small 'partition' that magically adepts to your usage whacking all your commonly accessed files (so basically your OS) in there. So you get a significant speed boost for very little increase in cost from regular spinning disk HDDs - it's not quite fully SSD speeds but it's bloody close !

Archived