IGNORED

Great podcasts?

chim

I may have missed one of these threads in the past but I'm curious what podcasts you guys enjoy and recommend. I'm into everything history and society, but I really like fascinating (real life ) stories and original research, more in depth stuff. I'm currently really into Freakonomics and Radiolab, the amount of travel and real interviews they do is amazing. I have listened to a lot of Hardcore History in the past and anything in the same vein would be cool.

i think we have a thread on this where i posted similar stuff, but here's what i'm subscribed to (all comedy)

todd glass show (my fav podcast)

the smartest man in the world with greg proops (good mix of wit and politics)

comedy bang bang

pod f tompkast

WTF with marc maron (depends who is on, but he's had some terrific interviews)

never not funny with jimmy pardo (great banter, jimmy is a quick wit)

Similar taste; have you checked out Hollywood Handbook? Pretty, pretty solid. The David Letterman ep had me laughing hard.

• 1 year later...

Bill Burr puts out two podcasts a week (usually solo), which is enough to run any mere mortal dry of material. He probably has the most consistent podcast for a solo "stream of conscious" kind. I enjoy his repetition.

Doug Stanhope has a podcast which I've enjoyed. I think I've ended up liking his podcast more than any of his comedy. http://stanhope.libsyn.com/

I've been listening to Comedy Bang Bang, lots of fun. Put Your Hands Together has some good standup, I usually skip through it to the featured comics.

Science Friday is good, and relaxing. I like to fall asleep to it.

Oh and Superego! Just discovered this one and it's fantastic. Hilarious improv routines. Features Paul F Thompkins and other talented folks.

Archived