IGNORED

Go Corbyn

lala

From the Conservatives' official Press Office twitter account:

"Labour are now a serious risk to our nation’s security, our economy’s security and your family’s security"

lol. lol. lol.

my translation of this is:

"we're shitting our pants, there is a real chance now that all the people who previously voted for Lib Dems and Greens will now be voting Labour"

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

"Labour are now a serious risk to our nation’s security, our economy’s security and your family’s security"

lol. lol. lol.

"we're shitting our pants, there is a real chance now that all the people who previously voted for Lib Dems, Greens, SNP, UKIP and a shitload of people who have never even bothered to register to vote before will now be voting Labour"

ftfy :)

Jedi Corbyn

hahah this is what i said.

Coincidence? I THINK NOT

Obi_Wan_HS_SWE.jpg

Jeremy_Corbyn_10_3328947b.jpg

need to educate the young people and get them out of apathy, and to vote.

lets do this

Edited by lala

"Labour are now a serious risk to our nations security, our economys security and your familys security"

lol. lol. lol.

"we're shitting our pants, there is a real chance now that all the people who previously voted for Lib Dems, Greens, SNP, UKIP and a shitload of people who have never even bothered to register to vote before will now be voting Labour"

ftfy :)

haha! very true. Not quite sure about Ukip supporters though.

:wink:

i'm not sure labour parties anywhere in the world can do much at all at this point, except maybe in places where social-democracy never existed in the first place, which afaik is not the case in the uk although i might be wrong

in fact if the greens or the snp are anything like their counterparts around here, i'd say it's an extremely bad thing that people who would vote for them are going to vote labour. but then again there isn't a two party system where i am, so i might not be reading this correctly, plus i'm glad these sorts of discourses are timidly making their way back into the mainstream

Edited by poblequadrat

hey guys, i don't know if you know this but in America it's already been made clear that Corbyn is a terrorist sympathizer and he shares a lot of commonalities with radical islam

check out this rationally constructed headline from the the hip millennial american publication the Daily Beast

COuwIsbWgAA02Xu.jpg

a vote for corbyn is a vote for the Islamic State

Edited by John Ehrlichman

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Well, he seems visionary from what I've read. It seems the right choice for Labour (for once).

The funny things is, while everything is turning more and more right here in Denmark, the two probably most liberal and conservative countries (UK and USA) are turning slightly more left it seems. Bit of a paradox historically speaking.

England is not turning more left, Labour will almost certainly be slaughtered in the next election. This should be good news for the LibDems, might actually be able to stage a recovery now (wouldn't be surprised if they gain a few MPs in the coming months).

Labour weren't slaughtered at the last election with Miliband at the helm, in fact they did better than they did in 2010 under Brown. There is broad cross-party consensus regarding some of his key policies such as renationalisation of the railways. He has the potential to unite many voters currently scattered throughout the smaller parties. I think a large part of 'Cleggmania' that saw the surge in support for the Lib Dems in 2010 was to do with previously apathetic students turning out to vote for the first time and many disenchanted Labour voters turning their backs on the Blairite agenda. The Lib Dem vote plummeted because people have realised that the Lib Dems don't really stand for much and generally support the status quo of British politics. Had Corbyn lost the leadership race I'd have put money on the Lib Dems regaining considerable ground in 2020 - now that he has I think it's much less likely. Five years is a long time though, and Labour staying united under Corbyn will be a tough test

Labour weren't slaughtered at the last election with Miliband at the helm, in fact they did better than they did in 2010 under Brown. There is broad cross-party consensus regarding some of his key policies such as renationalisation of the railways. He has the potential to unite many voters currently scattered throughout the smaller parties. I think a large part of 'Cleggmania' that saw the surge in support for the Lib Dems in 2010 was to do with previously apathetic students turning out to vote for the first time and many disenchanted Labour voters turning their backs on the Blairite agenda. The Lib Dem vote plummeted because people have realised that the Lib Dems don't really stand for much and generally support the status quo of British politics. Had Corbyn lost the leadership race I'd have put money on the Lib Dems regaining considerable ground in 2020 - now that he has I think it's much less likely. Five years is a long time though, and Labour staying united under Corbyn will be a tough test

They only got around 1% more in the last election compared to under Brown, which was not particularly impressive, the scale of their collapse in Scotland was significant as well, especially in the wake of the failed independence vote. The LD vote plummeted because people are dumb, and Britain had no experience of coalition government; and most of their votes went to the Tories not Labour. The Lib Dems were a far more principled party than Labour or the Tories, so that's just a silly thing to say.

You're right though that five years is a long time, who knows what the economic and international situation will be like by then, that's just as likely to work against them than for them though (esp with regard to Europe). The fact is though, Labour lost the last election because they were perceived as too left-wing by southern English voters (the block most important in winning any general election), so becoming more left wing hardly looks like a great strategy.

I know it's not that important to you, but I do take a keen interest in politics, maybe because I've always been interested the way some people think and their reasons why. Perhaps it's because I'm left of centre to my crowd or my social circle? Most people I know aren't like me. It's all football, betting on horses and shagging slags in pub toilets.

Not sure what they get up to.

Edited by beerwolf

great moment for the Left of British politics

i'd vote for him tomorrow & ignore the scaremongering, of which theres been plenty

i also hope Tony B Liar has a fatal coronary soon because of these events

yeah man there needed to be a cam feed from his house like googlebox with the results, loved how he kept endorsing him

I think lefties generally have a good, philosophical view on the world, which I mostly agree with. But when it comes to the crunch I'm not sure I want them running the country.

Maybe.

Edited by beerwolf

COyU-efUsAADLSw.png

Does this means Corbyn is one of the "good ones"? dont know anything about the guy but it seems they are trying to ruin his image lol

I think lefties generally have a good, philosophical view on the world, which I mostly agree with. But when it comes to the crunch I'm not sure I want them running the country.

Maybe.

And the alternative is? lol statements like these make no sense

Edited by Deer

*writes something*

*deletes it knowing the demographic of this forum*

you fucking fascist

Hah good one.

Honestly I don't know what to think about this yet because I don't really know enough about the bloke.

I do know he will be 71 years old when the next election comes around, so not sure what part of the youth vote he will be able to secure but that's pretty old for someone who wants to change lots of things in labour. Does he have many close knit supporters who can follow in his footsteps?