IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

My baby brother died suddenly at 21 from a Grand mal seizure in the same week that 5-9 (Krems through Katowice) were released, so I never actually got around to that portion or paid it much mind. Something to catch up to one day.

I do recall waking up in the early hours of the morning for at least a year afterwards. From the very next morning, I'd walk on the beach from 3:30am listening to Dublin until Sunrise, and later a lot of elseq, flutter, paralel Suns, etc. It sort of became my early bird insomniac time of the day.

damn, that is just awful :(

sorry to hear that

I still find it a bit of a mission to get through any one of these sets, I had a total ball of a time there on the beach at Grafenhainichen, and since then I've listened and quite enjoyed them in small bites, but they still seem so impenetrable to me. More so than any of their other output. I dunno, maybe live Autechre is just best live! Though I do hope they will open up to me more with time

I was there on the beach too, was a great gig. Total darkness doesn't really work at a festival and there were some very confused guys on drugs milling about ('Vat is dis? Is this noise? IS THIS MUSIC?' some guy kept asking).

The system they had there was pretty mint I thought. Best sound I've heard at a festival I reckon.

I still find it a bit of a mission to get through any one of these sets, I had a total ball of a time there on the beach at Grafenhainichen, and since then I've listened and quite enjoyed them in small bites, but they still seem so impenetrable to me. More so than any of their other output. I dunno, maybe live Autechre is just best live! Though I do hope they will open up to me more with time

Yeah :) the setting was great too, kind of more relaxed and party orientated. I remember a girl who'd wandered down from some other scene, gawping at my odd dancing and then started to mimic it xD good times

• 3 weeks later...

Oh snap! I've been listening to Dour recently too. Dunno how I glossed over it when they came out. Yeah that second half goes off on some twisted and original tangents. You can hear a bit of Seventh Slip and some other non-obvious elseq tracks.

Edit: that was it, the rhythm from the beginning of elyc6 0nset

Edited by hello spiral

Listening now...so fucking good!

yes :) the ending is a touch abrupt but that's part of the weirdness? lovely last 15-20 minutes of just...I dunno, a lot didn't get explored in other LIVE sets I don't think?

Oh snap! I've been listening to Dour recently too. Dunno how I glossed over it when they came out. Yeah that second half goes off on some twisted and original tangents. You can hear a bit of Seventh Slip and some other non-obvious elseq tracks.

Edit: that was it, the rhythm from the beginning of elyc6 0nset

Is it? I noticed the weird noisy rising twisty shit from elyc6 for sure, didn't realize the rhythm was the same as well. Not surprised at all, they've been mining the AE_LIVE stuff for what, the last 13 hours worth of music releases??  :catghost: 

...or maybe it's the other way around? it's all an orgy of good music so who fucking cares. :)

Which reminds me that listening to this earlier I finally got how similar carefree counter dronal is to that one section early-ish in the LIVE sets...I recognized it in NTS of course but haven't listened to much if any of the LIVE sets since then so it didn't click just how similar it is. Love that track from NTS no matter.

Dour starts at 11:17

oh shit that, totally wasn't hearing it.

That's the part I've been referring to as the 'medieval robot monk choir' since the first bootlegs dropped

It's the sound of a party in a beehive and some shit keeps knocking on their roof.

haha shit this is too accurate, will never be able 2 unhear

this bit blew me away live, so glad to have caught them on that tour

just to add: these live sets are like that bit in peep show where super hans makes a bass loop so good that it was physically impossible for him to turn off. its actually impossible for me to listen to just 30 seconds of these

It's the sound of a party in a beehive and some shit keeps knocking on their roof.

It is a good descriptor yes :)

I still want them to release the AENA dates so I can have a copy of the one I attended plus also compare those sets to the Euro-brothers.

It is a good descriptor yes :)

I still want them to release the AENA dates so I can have a copy of the one I attended plus also compare those sets to the Euro-brothers.

Me too...I was at Orlando and I’m not a fan of the sound system at the venue; plus I was really tired, so I’d get more out of the recording.

That's the part I've been referring to as the 'medieval robot monk choir' since the first bootlegs dropped

^love both of these descriptions, it's always been the 'thwunk-thwunk-thwunk-zizz' part for me up to now.  I like it in isolation but on a lot (all?) of the sets the transition into it is just way too jarring.  That sparse/reverby section that usually precedes its pretty grounded to the meter (i.e., stabs on the 1 of every other measure or every 8 beats) and yet beehive party seems to bust through the drywall on anything but the 1. 

^love both of these descriptions, it's always been the 'thwunk-thwunk-thwunk-zizz' part for me up to now.  I like it in isolation but on a lot (all?) of the sets the transition into it is just way too jarring.  That sparse/reverby section that usually precedes its pretty grounded to the meter (i.e., stabs on the 1 of every other measure or every 8 beats) and yet beehive party seems to bust through the drywall on anything but the 1. 

it actually comes in on the 1 on this 

(phudo this ur mixcloud init? props to whoever recorded too). starts at 10 mins in

^ yep yr right, hivein' on the one.  I vaguely recall it does that on a few of the soundboard releases but I could never be arsed to remember which ones they were.