IGNORED

AE_LIVE

homecharlie

Lately I'm haunted by the last 19 minutes of Dour. It is the only set with a drastic slowdown, and in the heart of the collapse (precisely at 52:06) there is that short sequence of notes, vertical and distorted, which suggests to me something sexual and gloomy ... impossible to say how much of it is determined and how much is random, but in that area the sound becomes poetry.
Contrary to common opinion, I'm not too involved from Dublin: the "fartstep" sequence (12:30) is too short and punished, as well as other key stages. But the entry of the melody at 59:28 is really ecstatic. Too bad it's lost in the following liveset.
As for Katowice, I remember that when I returned from Poland, I wrote a review, and, now that the liveset is officially released, it amuses me to read it again, and find out what was the result of "suggestion" and what can be considered as a "real fact". (I'm still sure that the speakers were broken).
I enclose below what I wrote:

From my point of view, the festival organizers did not meet the essential standard for Autechre. The festival was divided into several stages, and two theaters with very high potential. I do not understand by what logic they did play Ae (who were among the headliners) in a tent and not in one of the two theaters, reserving this "luxury" exclusively for Nils Frahms, Tyler the creator and a few others. The acoustics of the theaters was vertiginous. On the contrary, in the tent (in addiction to the fact that that light seeped from every angle), the sound system it seemed essentially "front", significantly reducing the surround effect, that, for example, has made indelible in my memory the experience of Krakow , last year. There's more: I had the clear impression that, on some frequencies, the system had broken, so going into saturation. Hard to say in the case of Ae, but I can not find probable that they deliberately turned the sound of one of the most popular segments of the live (

) in a sound so similar to a broken cone, especially as this saturation covered almost completely the rhythm.
Beyond the controversy of these notes, by focusing exclusively on the work of Ae, I feel that all my literary effort will never be able to describe the hell that came out from those speakers.
The first half of the concert summed up what has already been heard since the days of Krakow, although rearranged and greatly matured. The second half was plunged into a maelstrom of pure sonic madness. I never heard anything like it in my life. You could not grab a pattern, that you were immediately overwhelmed by something completely new and astonishing. It were not simple metamorphosis: the music seemed to move on different planes, mysteriously blended into one indefinable body. Every note, every shot, was an hallucinated twist (... ok, I do not exclude that the 25i-nBome -...accidentally swallowed-, helped to mix a little the cards in my brain...).
All I can wish me is that the two British Sir decide to bring that diabolical mechanism in the next LP. Now that they have invented it, have the responsibility to make it known too.
a touch of color: about twenty minutes from the end, it appeared that "reggae" passage from Tac Lacora (03:29)

^ This guy likes Autechre.

..Uhhh.. Don't make me speak.. This thing about Autechre has become problematic: there are girls and friends who have stopped to see me because of our two favorites autistic.

Guest WNS000

..Uhhh.. Don't make me speak.. This thing about Autechre has become problematic: there are girls and friends who have stopped to see me because of our two favorites autistic.

Have you tried to force them to listen to AE? That might be the reason why they stopped to see you. :tongue:

Why they stopped to see you?

EDIT: I am actually a similar kind of fan but I am usually just lazy to write it all down.

Edited by Jev

grafeninchen >:)))

its not an accident that krakow is so aggressive, thats not the probability events accidently making it vicious. they were going for different things each time.

grafenchen is jazz of a deranged meta dimensional alien machine sentience

Have you tried to force them to listen to AE? That might be the reason why they stopped to see you. :tongue:

Why they stopped to see you?

EDIT: I am actually a similar kind of fan but I am usually just lazy to write it all down.

Ha ha! I read just now ... well maybe I loaded a bit 'tones - I have this inexhaustible strain to the tragicomic of which I just can not break free - but it's equally true that Ae have given me some social awkwardness.
...Someone once told me that, being close to me, it feels to hear Autechre even when the stereo is off. I could not give a precise meaning to this, however, it's sure that it was not intended as a compliment ...
The fact is that, for inscrutable reasons, where I find a true musical pleasure, brought almost to level of therapy, others receive only uncomfortable and cold sensations, or even anxiety. It would have to hear the opinion of an anthropologist...

Anyway, to accelerate my social drift, i can only hope for the Quaristice and Oversteps livest on the AE_STORE ... Friends!, fellow travelers on this earth!, make that happen!

...and 50€ by me, for 2008 at Hiroshima Mon Amour Club (Tourin - Italy)

is there a recording of that?

... I would be a positive person, today, if there were a recording of that, and not the wretched relativist that I am.

I was there that night: I fell into such a mystical state that there are still those laughs today, in tourin..

Guest WNS000

Yeah, it is a strange music for "normal people". I listen to them so often that it is absolutely normal to me but people that are new to them are often confused and questioning their fans' mental health (often rightfully though :biggrin: ).

lol @ Ae causing autism and ruining relationships. endless lol. I am giggling irl right now.

We may revise the nature of this space, making it a support group, with attention not only to patients but also to families. The most ambitious goal would be a genuine reintegration into society, where the individual can discover their potential through an active job and a rewarding and defined role in human relations.

the first step, no doubt, will be the Quaristice set, in the AE_STORE.

lol @ Ae causing autism and ruining relationships. endless lol. I am giggling irl right now.

We may revise the nature of this space, making it a support group, with attention not only to patients but also to families. The most ambitious goal would be a genuine reintegration into society, where the individual can discover their potential through an active job and a rewarding and defined role in human relations.

the first step, no doubt, will be the Quaristice set, in the AE_STORE.

lol

Draft 7.30 made me set aside my erroneous convictions about misandry and generally made me sympathetic to the injustice women face every day in our society.

woah that's cool dude

lol

*scratches head*

*looks hesitantly left and right and decides to...*

Hey, isn't it time for another load of liveshows?

NO

NEW LP PLS

Draft 7.30 made me set aside my erroneous convictions about misandry and generally made me sympathetic to the injustice women face every day in our society.

woah that's cool dude

lol

Not really sure why my post got deleted. Guess pointing out legitimate facts that don't match a narrative get blocked. Anyway it's not relevant so not sure why you guys feel the need to take an opportunity to be funny at the expense of someone else, it's a bit of a low blow and has nothing to do with the almighty AE_LIVE.