IGNORED

WATMM Heartthrob Deadmau5 sick of brand, decides to drop it

Hail Sagan

y'all reddi for this?

deadmau5-techno-set.jpg

It seems like deadmau5 can’t stay out of the news. From his Twitter rants about the collaboration of Justin Bieber and Skrillex to his Twitter feud with

other music producers like Ghastly and Marshmello, Joel Zimmerman isn’t afraid to voice his opinions.

Posting in a Tweet yesterday, Zimmerman has considered “killing off” his iconic deadmau5 brand and starting something different.

“meh. considering killing off the “deadmau5″ bullshit and just start something new. did it before, can do it again. fuck it. why not.”

The Canadian producer received mixed responses including Laidback Luke who tweeted him to experiment with an Aphex Twin style of music.

In response, Zimmerman stressed how money and branding doesn’t buy happiness and admitted his struggle for creating the type of music he loves.

Few hours after the tweets, deadmau5 uploaded a new song, “00001,” a clear tribute to the Apex Twin style that Laidback Luke mentioned before. Zimmerman has since deleted the Tweets, but we’re still left wondering what the future could be for our favorite mau5.

Check out deadmau5’s new track “00001” below.

https://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/00001a

Source: http://www.noiseprn.com/2015/12/17/deadmau5/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair it was his buddy that called it "Aphex Twin Style". Then the journalist goes on to point out that it's "A clear tribute to the Apex Twin style".

LOLapalooza

I'm not mad at this though. As averse as I may be to the genre he's helped explode I do like his music in spots and he has a genuine admiration for the god. If he wants to bring some of these kids over to the Apex Twin style then so be it. If anything it will be worth it just to see the reactions of fans who have been isolated by all the missing drops.

Do that shit.

Guest bitroast

nice. guy rubs me the wrong way but there have been times where his noodlings/tunes have got me nodding along. that sc track is nice.

Guest bitroast

Few hours after the tweets, deadmau5 uploaded a new song, “00001,” a clear tribute to the Apex Twin style

pfft lol.

since when did aphex twin own real estate on jamming and making tunes with gear.

The song you posted is by fuckmylife, not deadmau5.

Seriously though, he comes off as an ungrateful twat considering how much cash he's generated. He should have enough by now to retire and do whatever the fuck he wants to for the rest of his life. Boo hoo

The song you posted is by fuckmylife, not deadmau5.

Seriously though, he comes off as an ungrateful twat considering how much cash he's generated. He should have enough by now to retire and do whatever the fuck he wants to for the rest of his life. Boo hoo

It says Joel Zimmerman on the page and he has over a million followers. Pretty sure it's him

it was implied it was him right? unless it's a hoax. anyway, he put another one up

https://soundcloud.com/fuckmylife/00002a

This sounds better. Or it sounds like a good build up at least.

these are aphex twin style?

Absolutely.

Well that could be interesting.I think he has real talent,stuff like Strobe,Maths,Everything Before,There might be coffee,Sofi Needs a Latter,Faxing Berlin,My pet Coelacanth are amazing tracks.I dont like everything he does but when he get melodic hes amazing.

And with all that gear that it could be pretty lush.

Digging the second track.

Also you got to remember that if he wants to do AFX style stuff he basically has to rewire his whole harmonic and melodic style into the IDM/Braindance/Experimental sensibility.Because the kind of progressive house and electro style he does the music itself is quite different than AFX style.

I know because i did the same thing in reverse,beginning with braindance style and trying after that to make some progressive house and trance and i was lost.Its like a different language.

So i think we should leave him some time to experiment and make progress in this style.

If i was him i would do it in a completly anonymous way.Starting from scratch.That would be a great challenge.But people would probably recognize him after some times cause even in that second track we get that deadmau5 chord progression feel.

Archived