IGNORED

WATMM Heartthrob Deadmau5 sick of brand, decides to drop it

Hail Sagan

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Deadmau5 reminds of those watmm members who post stuff like "that's it, i quit watmm" on a monthly basis, and then stick around anyways. Don't listen to it, just like those crappy soundcloud tracks.

(i agree with fxbip though. he's made some good tracks in the past!)

Is he trying to do an Apex Twin style SoundCloud dump ?

LOL, each track has over 10K plays but zero comments...

That's what happens when you buy your SC plays :cisfor:

Elsewhere, in Canada

better level up a few times, Joel.

Now that was worth opening the thread for.

Amazing.Live Modular Breakcore.

Snooze inducing nothingcore.

did anyone actually expect "deadmau5 aphex twin style" tracks to be good?

well, tbh, i expected more than what is currently being posted. this is more like trolling.

that track was really boring

Well that could be interesting.I think he has real talent,stuff like Strobe,Maths,Everything Before,There might be coffee,Sofi Needs a Latter,Faxing Berlin,My pet Coelacanth are amazing tracks.I dont like everything he does but when he get melodic hes amazing.

And with all that gear that it could be pretty lush.

Digging the second track.

Also you got to remember that if he wants to do AFX style stuff he basically has to rewire his whole harmonic and melodic style into the IDM/Braindance/Experimental sensibility.Because the kind of progressive house and electro style he does the music itself is quite different than AFX style.

I know because i did the same thing in reverse,beginning with braindance style and trying after that to make some progressive house and trance and i was lost.Its like a different language.

So i think we should leave him some time to experiment and make progress in this style.

If i was him i would do it in a completly anonymous way.Starting from scratch.That would be a great challenge.But people would probably recognize him after some times cause even in that second track we get that deadmau5 chord progression feel.

Yeah. It's easy to villainize this guy. He definitely produced a few douche-chill moments in comments/interviews I've come across, but all cornballing aside he has talent. I just hope he actually goes for it, even if he does crash and burn, I'd give him props. The small sample size we have been presented with seems kinda middle of the road. If he really does listen to Aphex, BOC, Tycho and "weird shit" like he claims you would think he has to have something up his sleeve.

Then again, maybe it's just a really shitty PR stunt.

i dont understand why he has to act like an angsty teenager all the time

Yeah, that's my biggest issue with him also. He's like the whiney rich kid that can't stop complaining about his non-problems.

"I know who you are. You are some record company or failed journalist asshole left over from the last century who is jealous of the way electronic music is working in this brave fast new century. The only button you and people like you are interested in pushing is a nuke for the Palestinians. You come into our system that we have nurtured for the last 25 years, trick hardworking people into giving you their money, con honest promoters, take large sums of money out of the system and then spit back into our faces that YOU are tricking everyone.

I agree there are loads of people like you who do fake it. It is easy with the software you are using. Dont worry we are going to find ways of stopping you. You greedy rat head fuck.

-Gerald Simpson

Archived