IGNORED

Prince (1958-2016)

joshuatxuk

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, iococoi said:

i can't embed shit anymore. what is happening?

it's borked everywhere/nearly everywhere right now: https://developers.soundcloud.com/blog/an-empty-blogpost (found via https://github.com/soundcloud/api/issues/247)

we'll see if this truly isn't the 'final state' of API access....i imagine they could be implementing some paywall shit. will probably swap to allowing non-paying accts to only embed 30sec clips or something. just speculation on my part tho

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, iococoi said:

Wowowow thanks for sharing!

Also, I got the self titled album on CD not too long ago been playing it in these nice summer evenings.

Never was a Prince fan, but since he died I appreciate his music a whole lot more. Not sure why that would be. Maybe it was an image thing or something. I migrated from a tribal East coast Hip Hop head to tribal metal head around the time he was making his popular albums and you know what its like, a guy (for want of a better word) prancing around in purple, gyrating his hips really wasn't my cup of tea. But I freely admit I was wrong. Sign O the Times though, that dark, stripped down sound I really liked upon release.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2023 at 8:40 AM, beerwolf said:

Never was a Prince fan, but since he died I appreciate his music a whole lot more. Not sure why that would be. Maybe it was an image thing or something. I migrated from a tribal East coast Hip Hop head to tribal metal head around the time he was making his popular albums and you know what its like, a guy (for want of a better word) prancing around in purple, gyrating his hips really wasn't my cup of tea. But I freely admit I was wrong. Sign O the Times though, that dark, stripped down sound I really liked upon release.

I never got into him that much either, but he has some incredible music. His music definitely influenced East coast Hip Hop too in a way. I saw an interview with DJ Premier where he talks about his early days working at records stores and getting into music, and how him and his boys would anticipate any new releases from Prince and play them on the first day they came out (and also looking forward especially to twelve-inch releases that had alternate mixes of singles). I like the Prince album Dirty Mind, one of his earlier ones. Has some bangers and also some cool synthesizer work:

• Like 3