IGNORED

Autechre - feed1

sysyphus

Wow, it's one of your favorites now? Man, I really enjoyed it the first time I listened to it, but I have been holding out on listening again in case an official higher quality version comes out soon. Surely one will have to be released, right? Or is there precedent of Autechre releasing singles on the radio in the past without an official high quality release?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

ye if someones sending it to bbc for streaming on radio + track title ... it'll probably be released / no need to worry.

it may be digital only bleepstores style, but it'll come out ...

ye if someones sending it to bbc for streaming on radio + track title ... it'll probably be released / no need to worry.

yeah, they aren't burial, for gods sake

yeah, they aren't burial, for gods sake

they're not?!

*throws out all autechre*

i've been listening to LIES

Pure speculation but 'feed1' sounds like some kind of ongoing subscription model could be coming.

Interesting, what do you mean by that ? Paying something every month to access to new Ae material as soon as they're mastered ?

Pure speculation but 'feed1' sounds like some kind of ongoing subscription model could be coming.

Interesting, what do you mean by that ? Paying something every month to access to new Ae material as soon as they're mastered ?

Dunno, but how awesome would that be? The AE Store seems to contain a hint of mysterious potential for alternate approaches to releasing their work (of course the live stuff was already a different approach). Just being greedy.

YT without announcement now treated by copyright. Not yet listened completely to it. Sounds like it will be on ae_live

Dunno, but how awesome would that be? The AE Store seems to contain a hint of mysterious potential for alternate approaches to releasing their work (of course the live stuff was already a different approach). Just being greedy.
oof, now wouldn't that be progressive...

A lot of stuff is heading that way, everything-as-a-motherfucking--piece-of-shit-service.

Never own anything, have you yet agreed to the updated EULA? HAVE YOU?

Oops, we're pivoting that way, your stuff is gone forever thanks bye.

Subscription pricing can fuck right off.

A lot of stuff is heading that way, everything-as-a-motherfucking--piece-of-shit-service.

Don't really care about all that, just wishing to hear lots of generative variations like with the live material.

Don't really care about all that, just wishing to hear lots of generative variations like with the live material.

yea sorry that was b4 coffee

it's like stars of the lid meets carlos santana

it's like that one ae track and that other one, combined

it's like analord meets windows 97 or windows 10

it's like eugene and robbie mixed together

yeah wow... I love exai and especially the long and relentless stuff like irlite and bladlores and now we ge this.... just wow. feed1 will played a lot, that's for shure!

Interesting, Warp took the youtube link down. Guessing that pretty much confirms this will be on a new release of some sort.

Didn't love the track myself, actually one of the few here not liking much of the post-Exai output (L-Event and the live stuff) but as we all know Ae is like a fine wine and can take some time to appreciate.

I'd like to share my opinion after several listens to Feed1: it's bloody impressive! The details, layering, unpredictability, relentnesness. As some wrote, it sounds like Exai sound palette played using AE_live setup. It's incredibile and just proves that AE are ahead of their game. but....there is always going to be 'a but'...

If this is true that they are producing these sounds in real time, jamming & editing who_the_fuck_knows how many different layers, the result is simple: it is a dense, chaotic stew of unpredicable sounds. Their recent output (AE_Live, fantastic Dilankex mix, L-event) prove that this the AE sound in 2010s. It is impressive, but it's kind of the same all the way. What is missing is melody. I'm not longing for the Amber cheesiness, but rather for more recent gems like Altibzz or like half of Oversteps. The thickness that the boys currenty favour, just simply doesn't allow for sparse and delicate melodies. So no matter how impressive thier current output is, it is a pitty that we have lost the melody. For their serene and intricate harmonious arregements have always been top noth!

I know nothing about how do they do their music, so probably this is just uniformed banter anyways...

I'd like to share my opinion after several listens to Feed1: it's bloody impressive! The details, layering, unpredictability, relentnesness. As some wrote, it sounds like Exai sound palette played using AE_live setup. It's incredibile and just proves that AE are ahead of their game. but....there is always going to be 'a but'...

If this is true that they are producing these sounds in real time, jamming & editing who_the_fuck_knows how many different layers, the result is simple: it is a dense, chaotic stew of unpredicable sounds. Their recent output (AE_Live, fantastic Dilankex mix, L-event) prove that this the AE sound in 2010s. It is impressive, but it's kind of the same all the way. What is missing is melody. I'm not longing for the Amber cheesiness, but rather for more recent gems like Altibzz or like half of Oversteps. The thickness that the boys currenty favour, just simply doesn't allow for sparse and delicate melodies. So no matter how impressive thier current output is, it is a pitty that we have lost the melody. For their serene and intricate harmonious arregements have always been top noth!

I know nothing about how do they do their music, so probably this is just uniformed banter anyways...

I'm with you man, i really enjoyed feed1 but the moments that I love the most in AE tracks are the ones that show how versatile and inventive they can get with their sound... while still maintaing the "autechre sound", whatever that means.

One of my fav tracks of them has always been os veix3, when i first heard it i was completely surprised by how fragile and beautiful the whole thing is, I hadn't expected their sound to have that capacity at all.... so while a dark and brutal 11-minute jam session is certainly cool and enjoyable to listen to, it doesnt leave enough space of exciting emotional variations... still stoked for the new material though!

YT without announcement now treated by copyright. Not yet listened completely to it. Sounds like it will be on ae_live

upload it again and see what the takedown message says (also known as 'doing a syro')

Totally agree as well. Altibzz is one of my absoulte favorite autechre tracks! After Quaristice & Oversteps, Exai was such a welcome change back to the darker, more agressive sound. But after 2 discs of that PLUS all the live stuff, it would be nice to get back to some of the softer stuff. Hopefully their next album is a nice mix of the styles (or a completely new style, as they do...). Though I gotta admit... I loved feed1 the one time I listened to it. Started off cool and agressive, but very repetitive... by the end, though, it got absolutely mental! Personally I don't really think whatever this is from is a new album proper, but rather somehow connected to the live stuff based on the artwork. It'll be amazing no matter what it is... I would actually be super excited if they just released the NA shows.

Archived