IGNORED

The big 2017 releases thread

ncrtx

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

fuk u say, I loved Excavation.

same. everyone w/an open ear got that record pushed on them by me. it's amazing imo.  didn't that lead directly to some sound track work for him? 

Guiz, I didn't say it was bad. It's great work - just that the majority of the record buying public don't wanna listen to themselves being buried alive in HD.
Didn't particularly lead to his wørk with bjørk, that was because of m80 the triangle-man.

Guiz, I didn't say it was bad. It's great work - just that the majority of the record buying public don't wanna listen to themselves being buried alive in HD.

Didn't particularly lead to his wørk with bjørk, that was because of m80 the triangle-man.

i guess he should throw in some trap beats and ghostwave jan hammer miami vice sounds to crossover.. or some autotune. 

Haxan Cloak autotunes the news!

i know  a bunch of people bought that record..  people who don't listen to stuff that the "majority of the record buying public" buys. so it probably worked out. 

edit: btw - i can't remember the last time i went to type 'brain' and didn't type 'brian' and have to correct it. 

btw What happened to Holy Other realsing new album in 2016? Hope thats still on the cards for this year

what happened to that breh in general? I was obsessed with his music for a while.

Good question.

One of my favs, 1991, went off radar for years too then came back late last year out of nowhere. I am hopeful Holy Other will return. 

Sure I read somewhere early last year that he was working on a new album so I was expecting something in 2016 but it never materialised, Hopefully something might come out soon, but who knows!

New Actress should be on the way this year. Seems about time.

Oh god, do you think so? I really hope he isn't for real retired. I bought RIP and Splazsh LPs finally, would love more.

I want that promised new Arca album.

Wow what about an EP from me? Imagine that.

Yeah and it was released in 2016 LOL WRONG THREAD KIDDO!

C'mon man. I was informed that it was originally slated for Jan 13th release.

RTJ3 is just around the corner. Stoked for that.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything else IDM-ish or non-pretentious-hip-hop-like that comes along.

RTJ3 is out breh, it's up for dl.

Roger that. It'll be my next grab then.

And yes, new Actress pls

Yeah and it was released in 2016 LOL WRONG THREAD KIDDO!

C'mon man. I was informed that it was originally slated for Jan 13th release.

I was kidding, I know they released it earlier than expected. All in line with their Christmas spirit! :-)

Touched Music Releases Its Covert 2 on Limited Vinyl & Digipack CD very soon.. Its going to be Massive

Nice !!!

Also I'm very hyped for the new gorillaz album, pretty sure it will get released before summer.

This + the new FlyLo album + new OPN ?

Ah shit forgot Haxan Cloak was going to release something, love that dude's work, I definitely want more HD buried alive vibes in my 2017

Already, that Qebrus release is easily one of the craziest things I've ever heard! Reflection by Brian Eno is also very beautiful too... Hard to even begin with what music I'm incredibly excited about, but just to name a few that I'm looking forward to and what I've assumed are most likely coming out this year are (gonna do all this with flashy typeface for Xtra HYPE):

IGL⚆⚆GHOST

CLARK

ARCA

THE 2016 Æ_LIVE SETS

S Q U A R E P U S H E R

Literally anything from ORANGE MILK RECORDS

...but tbh the list is endless lol, I feel 2017's gonna be a goldmine for music!

ooh yeah wasn't Arca going to drop something on top of the EP/mix thing last year? eh well

Archived