IGNORED

The big 2017 releases thread

ncrtx

Let's make this the main topic for posting 2017 releases of any sorts, format and genre that you liked. At the end of the year, we'll have a massive topic and we hardly have overlooked anything.

POST 'EM! I WANT ONE THOUSAND PAGES IN THIS THREAD ON 31.12.2017!  :emotawesomepm9: 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Aphex/AFX or new pseudonym discovery on Bandcamp

New full length Ochre album pls

Judging by Mattias Östling's extremely prolific year (Yuo're Life, Ná, Bridgeland pt. 1 & 2, Human Touch, Walk on Strawberries) I'm pretty certain he'll be back this year. I hope we hear a bit of a stylistic departure from him (Ná definitely was, Planar Mists too). Not that I don't love his stuff, I just haven't heard him make as drastic of  leaps between styles like Richard did with his major releases and the Tuss. Or like Autechre did going from Amber to Tri Repetae and beyond. It would be cool maybe to have an ambient release, and something totally left field and violent/strange sounding. I sound like a cunt right now.

I'm hoping for new Pilotredsun. He did just drop an EP not too long ago but Achievement was my rookie AOTY. I'd love to hear more from this guy, Achievement just sounded so cohesive and gave me some RDJ album/Plone's For Beginner Piano vibes. 

New stuff from Confreg, Bewwip and zv(lambda symbol)d is intriguing. 

also, I'd love to hear more from whoever this XOOP character is. Obviously a WATMMer.

Hoping for the new Ae soundboards to get released soon

Max Tundra album would be lovely

I also have a wishful feeling that we may see a new proper Burial album in 2017 but a longish ep would do!

Also might 2017 actually see new Tool album!?

btw What happened to Holy Other realsing new album in 2016? Hope thats still on the cards for this year

I'm sure The Apex Twins will follow up Syro this year. Another EP would be a bit underwhelming, although I'm sure I'd still welcome it with open arms.

The Avalanches said they'd drop a mini-album of Wildflower offcuts this year, which would be lush, but we all know those fuckers ain't to be trusted.

Dave Monolith has been a bit release-crazy recently, hopefully he keeps it up and drops another full length at some point.

New Grandaddy record is dropping in a couple months which I'm quite excited for.

Still waiting for new BoC. Hoping for some new stuff from GY!BE and UMO too. Can't remember what else has been announced/hinted at...

btw What happened to Holy Other realsing new album in 2016? Hope thats still on the cards for this year

what happened to that breh in general? I was obsessed with his music for a while.

RTJ3 is just around the corner. Stoked for that.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open for anything else IDM-ish or non-pretentious-hip-hop-like that comes along.

RTJ3 is out breh, it's up for dl.

what happened to that breh in general? I was obsessed with his music for a while.

Good question.

One of my favs, 1991, went off radar for years too then came back late last year out of nowhere. I am hopeful Holy Other will return. 

Archived