IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

it's amazing he couldn't even manage to get some kind of bill through while controlling both houses, and by the looks of things his plan to get one through in the future is to court the democrats, i.e. compromise more to try and get them to vote for it against the freedom caucus cunts. pissing off the rest of the republican party is going to bite him on the ass when the impeachment finally rolls around though (not that I see the democrats actually compromising at this point, maybe if they have a disastrous mid-term election or something).

the republican party is a protest party. opposition party.. now they don't have anything to oppose because they have all the trophies. so they have no idea what to govern and what to do for a legislative agenda other than all the piles o hateful crap and corporate handouts.. trump doesn't seem too interested in doing something to benefit the people who elected him. 

but.. bear cubs.. great. fucking aye.. these cunts. 

Is Trump/Ryan spinning this loss yet? I'm about to have to go watch CNN or something I can't wait.

Trump literally called WP after it occurred. Writer answered it thinking it was a reader calling from an unlisted #. Interesting article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/powerpost/president-trump-called-my-cellphone-to-say-that-the-health-care-bill-was-dead/2017/03/24/8282c3f6-10ce-11e7-9b0d-d27c98455440_story.html

i thought washington post were fake news :wtf:

He called NYTimes too - https://nyti.ms/2nO0Kwd

LOVE this

But I maybe love this even more somehow. What a fool.

Just came across this....via the film 20th Century Women...

Can you imagine Trump getting anywhere near the level of sincerity that Carter manages? (speechwriters aside)

Obviously his presidency is widely criticised but the contrast is quite amazing whether you like the guy or his policies or not.

There's a reason the fairy tale spinner Reagan annihilated Carter in 1980.

You'll get nowhere speaking truth to the American ppl.

Edited by doublename

I like the message that Carter sent out on the Voyager probe

This Voyager spacecraft was constructed by the United States of America. We are a community of 240 million human beings among the more than 4 billion who inhabit the planet Earth. We human beings are still divided into nation states, but these states are rapidly becoming a single global civilization.

We cast this message into the cosmos. It is likely to survive a billion years into our future, when our civilization is profoundly altered and the surface of the Earth may be vastly changed. Of the 200 billion stars in the Milky Way galaxy, some--perhaps many--may have inhabited planets and spacefaring civilizations. If one such civilization intercepts Voyager and can understand these recorded contents, here is our message:

This is a present from a small distant world, a token of our sounds, our science, our images, our music, our thoughts, and our feelings. We are attempting to survive our time so we may live into yours. We hope someday, having solved the problems we face, to join a community of galactic civilizations. This record represents our hope and our determination, and our good will in a vast and awesome universe.

I can't imagine Trump signing anything as sincere and vulnerable as that.