IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

2 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

I feel like all these people need to be strapped down in a movie theater and forced to watch Schindler’s List and the Pianist for 2 weeks while being force fed matzo ball soup. 

Don't encourage them.

12 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

I feel like all these people need to be strapped down in a movie theater and forced to watch Schindler’s List and the Pianist for 2 weeks while being force fed matzo ball soup. 

i feel like they should round up a few hundred of these people.. find a poisoned well.. and throw them into then cover over the well with concrete to make it safe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i feel like they should round up a few hundred thousand of these people.. find a highly radioactive well.. and throw them into then cover over the well with corrosive acid-soaked concrete to make it safe. 

fixed

• Farnsworth 1

Senate is back in session.  Mitch just called it an insurrection in his opening statement.

Seems like Republican challengers will likely still challenge some states in some way, but probably not the lengthy debate we were initially expecting.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sweepstakes said:

Today is the first day I can remember that I didn't want to punch Mitch McConnell in the face.

that makes one of us. he's still a worthless piece of shit despite any momentary illusion of respectability.

edit: (i get what you're saying tho)

Edited by auxien
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

that makes one of us. he's still a worthless piece of shit despite any momentary illusion of respectability.

fr, i think he still deserves one for the team

1 minute ago, auxien said:

Of course, you're not wrong. But he has a certain audience, and they really needed to be told to back the fuck up, so I'm slightly pleasantly surprised that he did the bare minimum there.

2 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

WaPo has updated that the woman who was shot has died

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/01/06/dc-protests-trump-rally-live-updates/

she was a veteran.... saw more than one tweet from the rioters who were proclaiming they were proud former military/vets who were now going full on insurrectionists/MAGA idiots/militiamen. 

that is the sort of shit that's worrying, that ties much of the larger problems in America together. our obsession with this national violence mindset, trillions of dollars to 'national defense' and so forth. 9/11 and all that lead up to it and was done in its name after....it's all just a fucking twisted knot of disgusting power pushed onto the citizens, constantly.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sheatheman said:

Just watched it [schindlers] for the first time last week.....wow

Edited by mister miller
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, auxien said:

she was a veteran.... saw more than one tweet from the rioters who were proclaiming they were proud former military/vets who were now going full on insurrectionists/MAGA idiots/militiamen. 

that is the sort of shit that's worrying, that ties much of the larger problems in America together. our obsession with this national violence mindset, trillions of dollars to 'national defense' and so forth. 9/11 and all that lead up to it and was done in its name after....it's all just a fucking twisted knot of disgusting power pushed onto the citizens, constantly.

it's nuts. a seemingly well disciplined educated person sworn to duty in the military totally taken over by the horse shit of conspiracy, rhetoric from the president and the media.. to the point of storming the building that represents and carries out the business of government as instructed by the constitution which she was sworn to defend. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, auxien said:

This, we've lived under a nightmare-ish military-industrial complex for half a century and are approaching 20 years into an endless war. 

4 minutes ago, ignatius said:

it's nuts. a seemingly well disciplined educated person sworn to duty in the military totally taken over by the horse shit of conspiracy, rhetoric from the president and the media.. to the point of storming the building that represents and carries out the business of government as instructed by the constitution which she was sworn to defend. 

Yes and no. I wouldn't be shocked if she was like this before she joined. My guess is she's been this way since at least Obama was elected. She's a self-described libertarian and yet was a 14 year veteran of what is arguably the most unnecessary, bureaucratic, money pit entity of the U.S. federal government. There's a lot of hyper-projection and ultra-contradictory people like this who are veterans and/or pro-military. They are just authoritarian right-wingers straight up. The Tea Party and MAGA movements recruited more sure but they've always been around. John Birch Society, militia movement, etc.

The OK City bomber was an army vet. The first deadly Boogaloo terrorist attack was conducted by an active duty USAF security forces member. There have been numerous neo-Nazi militants discovered in active-duty military service. Germany uncovered a right-wing cell in their spec ops community a couple years ago. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sheatheman said:

They'll come out with some explanation that the Holocaust was a hoax but claim they don't hate Jews because matzo ball soup is awesome.

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

so she was a Qanon in deep. so crazy. that shit is wrecking lives. 

Yeah that is def a recent radicalization which does back up your original assessment. 

Qanon was never going to end quietly

4 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

They'll come out with some explanation that the Holocaust was a hoax but claim they don't hate Jews because matzo ball soup is awesome.

Yeah that is def a recent radicalization which does back up your original assessment. 

Qanon was never going to end quietly

is it ending? feels like it's only just getting started. i wonder how many believers there are? 

"ended" in the sense that their narrative fell apart - it's disintegrating but it's at it's most dangerous

my concern is not that it'll stick around so much as many of it's followers are going to form more extreme movements 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

my concern is not that it'll stick around so much as many of it's followers are going to form more extreme movements 

How many major ones have there been in recent history?

• Tea Party (seemed to kick off this wave)
  • 3%ers
  • Thin blue line
  • Proud boys
  • Trumpists
  • QAnon

I'm sure I'm leaving out dozens of them...

Just now, sweepstakes said:

How many major ones have there been in recent history?

• Tea Party (seemed to kick off this wave)
  • 3%ers
  • Thin blue line
  • Proud boys
  • Trumpists
  • QAnon

I'm sure I'm leaving out dozens of them...

they all exist concurrently and overlap where convenient. 

• Like 1