IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

All you need to do is show the coal miners/rustbelt factory workers what little Trump did for them.

Also, this next presidential election will probably have a record high for democratic voters. About 40% of eligible voters didn't vote last November, and "millenials" have eclipsed baby boomers in population.

Viva La Progressives.

Edited by Braintree

After watching Back to the Future II last night, and Trump being the basis for Biff, I think we veered into alternate 1985 at some point. Where the fuck are Doc and Marty when we need em?!

Jesus, this latest round of racist sexist bullshit must be Kushner's strategy for distracting us from the Russia probes, but goddamn don't they realize they're poisoning the Republican brand even more? It's only 18 months til the mid term elections, hello.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/trump-calls-undocumented-immigrants-animals-who-slice-a-1797260978

...aaand now transgender people aren't allowed in the military 

:beer:

The next US president (if you guys manage to elect someone who's not a complete fucking psycho) will have an easy job at winning over everyone who has more than 2 brain cells

UR GODDAMNED RIGHT 

WINNING

#MAGA

(oh man it really is scary how little effort is need to be pro-Trump)

you know, if a monkey looks at a mirror, it understands it's looking at a reflection of itself. but if a gorilla looks at a mirror, it thinks it's looking at another gorilla. 

i read /r/the_donald a lot, because i'm tryng to understand where the most loyal trump supporters are coming from. it seems, the more i read their comments, the more i realize, like the gorilla, trump supporters are unable to understand what they are looking at. because they have separated everything between them, and "the others".

so as an example, when trump put the ban on muslims entering the country- despite the fact that he narrowed it down to a few islamic countries- all his supporters heard was that muslims were being banned from entering the country. because they've failed to recognize, there are muslim american citizens

another thing i love is a trump supporters inability with focusing on reality. when something happens in the trump administration they don't like, they love to fall back on their patriotism by referencing seth rich- who was coincidentally a democrat.

This is so true.

I've been in some discussions IRL with Trump supporters and even when I remain calm, focused, and on point they will literally not understand hypocrisy, illogical claims, even flat out falsehoods even when I literally and simply spell it out. 

Typical strategies:

- Going low and getting ugly - it's impossible to fight this. It's the easiest to fall into. People without standards will readily pretend to have them when the opposition fights fire with fire.

- Emotional plea - claim you are brainwashed, unpatriotic, indifferent, uncaring (lol, seriously - also this is very ironic b/c they have very negative, even simplistic nihilist worldviews), etc. They will also call you cynical or pessimistic for being skeptical or dismissive of wild promises made by Trump. They will readily play the victim.

- Selective memory - they'll tell you to give Trump a chance or they'll retroactively say they were for/against something contrary to what they did in the past. Iraq War is a big one - they'll gladly say that was a mistake in order to make Trump seem better than W or Obama

- Make undeniable point disproving them is replied with "so what?" or "well that's the point anyway" / "well whatever"

- Change subject: I recall abortion being brought up in the middle of a very abstract discussion about the symbolism and controversy that is embodied by the Confederate flag 

- ^ as with above, bring up HRC, Obama, or liberals/Dems

- Bring up vague, anecdotal story or "trend" - political correctness is a big one, so are out of context or misleading news stories or historical "facts" they learned from biased sources. the idea of "elitists" and "insiders" and the "swamp" all follow this same pattern

- Ask you more questions, loaded or misleading trap questions, in response to points that leave them stumped

- Use right-wing news and talk radio binge-ing to their advantage: their 'knowledge' and perpetual absorption of 24/7 cable news arms them with this feeling that they know more and are better informed. It lets them falsely dismiss you as well as feel that more in-depth coverage is irrelevant or fake

- embrace negative attributes - name calling, being mean, being childish, being irresponsible, lying, being an asshole, being innaccurate, etc. as "being real, edgy, unpolished, a change of pace, etc."

- Troll

u dumb

- Selective memory - they'll tell you to give Trump a chance or they'll retroactively say they were for/against something contrary to what they did in the past. Iraq War is a big one - they'll gladly say that was a mistake in order to make Trump seem better than W or Obama

oh these are my favorite. they remind me of the people who go to "obviously shitty movies" then return with the sentiment "i really wanted to like that film"

the problem is, there are still A LOT of his supporters "giving him a chance" and not enough turning against him, which imo, is the only way you'll see trump change. 

btw: i'm using james woods as a barometer of how frustrated a real right winger is willing to admit they are. when he folds, i know it's game on

the problem is, there are still A LOT of his supporters "giving him a chance" and not enough turning against him, which imo, is the only way you'll see trump change.

I think that the far right is still so steaming mad that a black Democrat served two full Presidential terms (and that Hillary fucking ran again) that they are hanging on for dear life to Tramp no matter what. I mean what else can he possibly fuck up before they give up?

this scares the hell out of me http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-illegal-immigrants-animals-slice-dice-young-beautiful-girls-us-president-a7861596.html

i am now an animal who like to cut and dice young girls, this orange cunt is poising the minds of americans, turning them against anyone who has the "immigrant look "

Edited by Deer

this scares the hell out of me http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-illegal-immigrants-animals-slice-dice-young-beautiful-girls-us-president-a7861596.html

i am now an animal who like to cut and dice young girls, this orange cunt is poising the minds of americans, turning them against anyone who has the "immigrant look "

Remember that all of Trump's accusations so far have actually been confessions. Extremely transparent projection is his #1 tell when he's lying. If Trump was deeply implicated in a case brought by NY state attorney general Eric Schniederman that involved human trafficking underage girls through his model agency, well... wouldn't that be predictable...

the woman over his right shoulder (screen left) you can read her lips.. "it's true.. it's true..." while she nods her head.. i hope these fucking people get a rude awakening soon. 

also a reminder:

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/chomsky-says-trumps-scandals-are-only-a-distraction-to-hide-whats-going-on-behind-the-scenes-2017-7/

“Basically letting the Bannon-Trump group control what’s presented to the public, crazy things about wiretapping, ‘Did Susan Rice commit a crime?’, whatever tomorrow’s will be, meanwhile the parts of the governmental structure that are beneficial to human beings and to future generations are being systematically destroyed, and with very little attention.”

hopefully the universe will solve this problem for us some how... i mean.. he could just explode while taking a shit and do us all a favor. rancid human crap that he is.. he's got to be festering in some way.. w/our luck he's in excellent health.. but i'd be OK w/him getting brain cancer or whatever.. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

also a reminder:

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/chomsky-says-trumps-scandals-are-only-a-distraction-to-hide-whats-going-on-behind-the-scenes-2017-7/

“Basically letting the Bannon-Trump group control what’s presented to the public, crazy things about wiretapping, ‘Did Susan Rice commit a crime?’, whatever tomorrow’s will be, meanwhile the parts of the governmental structure that are beneficial to human beings and to future generations are being systematically destroyed, and with very little attention.”

I think it's legitimately scary what's happening. For better or worse, a lot of things in the world depend on the US, it can't be a good thing if it's not managed at all or whatever is actually going on. I also read that reporters are being forced to delete footage or protests filmed within Congress or Senate, which should kind of be a big deal.

Did anyone listen to yesterdays intercepted with Greenwald and Tucker Carlson? If so...thoughts?

https://theintercept.com/2017/07/26/intercepted-podcast/ 

All I get is a 404, which is a little suspicious. But if you're still getting it, it must be a regional block.

After watching Back to the Future II last night, and Trump being the basis for Biff, I think we veered into alternate 1985 at some point. Where the fuck are Doc and Marty when we need em?!

lol, my sister made that same analogy back when he was elected...

lol, my sister made that same analogy back when he was elected...

IMG_5921.jpg

upload png google

http://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/a-veteran-ice-agent-disillusioned-with-the-trump-era-speaks-out

The agent went on, “The whole idea is targeting kids. I know that technically they meet the legal definition of being adults. Fine. But if they were my kids travelling in a foreign country, I wouldn’t be O.K. with this. We’re not doing what we tell people we do. If you look next month, or at the end of this month, at the people in custody, it’s people who’ve been here for years. They’re supposed to be in high school.”

It seems the concentration camp thing is kind of happening as well.

DOE purposely leaving student loan forgiveness requests in limbo indefinitely, to avoid approving or denying them, and they technically don't have to change the laws, just pretend they got "lost in the mail". What a goddamn sham government.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/report-student-loan-forgiveness-program-has-halted-under-trump/