IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

That hearing yesterday where all the GOP representatives tried to scapegoat Strzok was one of the most infuriating/entertaining things I’ve seen in quite some time. But for some reason I never realized how desperate they really are until I watched it. You could smell their fear and petty insults which were trying to mask it.

Their strategy of giving a long misleading statement without framing it as a question, and then only letting Strzok respond “briefly” if at all was a stupid game i would have like to see called out more. The truth is going to fuck their shit up, I reckon.

Yeah that was a sight to behold. It blows my mind that such small-minded, smug mouthbreathers have managed to con their way into power. Goes to show you how sad most of the electorate is to put their money on these horses.

The one dude with the vitrue signaling 'How many times did you look into your wifes eyes and lie?!' --- so damn cringeworthy.

'But the emails'

'Kilary'

'Bengazi'

ARGUMENT WON

that Texas guy, srsly. get a grip.

Is it Gohmert?

He's a fucking dipshit even by Texas GOP standards. Like Gomer Pyle's evil parallel universe twin.

^all very true of course azatoth

so glad trey gowdy is going away. fucking hack.

I'll miss his hair.

tr.jpg

1. power electronics

2. minimal techno

3. downtempo

4. uk garage

5. idm

6. witch house

7. ambient glitch

8. microsound

Flol

this is so perfect

IDM / ambient glitch = glasses

downtempo = I'll get a professional haircut for the Spofity artists page photos

uk garage = just for men before color dye stubble

power electronics = that alt right hair

witch house = whatever I don't leave the house and just email Tri Angle records my master .wavs

I think it something to do with the hair coming from the center front of his head. Seems pretty human when its short, but once he grows that front part hoo boy then we start getting into the real "looks".

years ago i remember him looking "greasy" but he seems to have sorted that out.

CR9gp1QWsAAATTR.png

^all very true of course azatoth

so glad trey gowdy is going away. fucking hack.

I'll miss his hair.

tr.jpg

1. power electronics

2. minimal techno

3. downtempo

4. uk garage

5. idm

6. witch house

7. ambient glitch

8. microsound

Flol

this is so perfect

IDM / ambient glitch = glasses

downtempo = I'll get a professional haircut for the Spofity artists page photos

uk garage = just for men before color dye stubble

power electronics = that alt right hair

witch house = whatever I don't leave the house and just email Tri Angle records my master .wavs

zackly

We'll, um, that's like his boss you know, so of course Donnie can't talk shit in public. Plus whatever Vlad has on him must be so convincing and so easily understood by Donnie's toddler brain that he will never disobey his master.

What I don't get is why Donnie's maga army seemingly let's this fly? Shouldn't they be angry that their hero bows down and kisses ruskie ass time and time again? Or do they just not care because it's not happening in their zip code and therefore has nothing to do with them. Kinda like "long as he reopens that there coal plant, don't care who's ass he's gotta kiss."

What I don't get is why Donnie's maga army seemingly let's this fly?

They're just lying to themselves so as not live in a constant state of regret for being the massive dumbasses they are, they'll twist it into a sign of strength. I've seen a few of them get mad at him for a few things where he went back on his campaign promises or something, but it rarely lasts long.

Edited by caze

We'll, um, that's like his boss you know, so of course Donnie can't talk shit in public. Plus whatever Vlad has on him must be so convincing and so easily understood by Donnie's toddler brain that he will never disobey his master.

What I don't get is why Donnie's maga army seemingly let's this fly? Shouldn't they be angry that their hero bows down and kisses ruskie ass time and time again? Or do they just not care because it's not happening in their zip code and therefore has nothing to do with them. Kinda like "long as he reopens that there coal plant, don't care who's ass he's gotta kiss."

Any backing down simply opens the floodgates to question everything else about Trump. They are too stubborn and too proud to even entertain the thought that Trump is wrong about something. It's easier to comfort themselves with delusions than confront the reality that voting for Trump was a mistake. Same reason Trump's diehard base will call even very conservative GOP members "establishment / deep state / cucks" as soon as they start criticizing Russia. Same reason that over the years the mental gymnastics have become increasingly impressive. 

Part of the trap Trump has set is solidifying the idea that there's a clear divide between the "evil" left and "righteous" right, with anyone putting country first against his own policies as the former. Entities like the FBI, US military, State Department, while imperfect and GOP-leaning, nonetheless work for Uncle Sam. They literally work for the US citizenship and to a greater extent, the world. The fact that their national security priorities are riling up the Trump administration is the biggest red flag you can ask for, but the corporate lobbyists, media entities and GOP political machine has become so fucking ruthless that they have managed to fight it off. Think of it this way - Nixon and Reagan never had Fox news and they operated in an era of far more restrictive campaign finance laws. It's incredible we've reached the point were basic anti-American lies and deception are not denounced with bipartisan efforts.

Even if this administration hypothetically goes down in flames many of the humiliated base will nonetheless lie to themselves and assign blame elsewhere. Not all, especially those who casually voted for Trump and don't pay attention to actual current events. But many of the devout followers will stay just as delusional. You see this with any authoritarian who met their reckoning: South American despots, failed communist states, nationalist leaders in the Balkans, the various fascist supporters of Europe in the 20th century. Every instance you can find relentless apologists despite the evidence.

Edited by joshuatx

I'm sure there will quite a few golden nuggets coming from today's meeting. For instance,

Vlad says:

“Yeah, I did hear these rumors that we allegedly collected compromising material on Mr. Trump when he was visiting Moscow,” Putin said. “Please disregard these issues and don't think about this anymore again.”

Donnie rambles in agreement, tries to change the subject:

“And I have to say if they had it, it would have been out long ago. And if anybody watched Peter Strzok testify over the last couple of days, and I was in Brussels watching it, it was a disgrace to the FBI. It was a disgrace to our country. And you would say that was a total witch hunt,” Trump said, ending the press conference.

Case closed folks! No pee tape! 

Okay, everyone here who pays attention knows I'm 100% anti-conspiracy theory shit. This is not a conspiracy promotion, but an honest look at a few facts (as every conspiracy theory supporter would claim of their own ideas, I note the irony). If I'm mistaken on any of this please do mention where and I'll look at it, honestly not like 'researched' anything here, just some thoughts over the last few days...

Trump decides he wants to meet with Putin. Has literally no agenda and gives no reason why. There's no excuse or even from what I've seen any hint of purpose given by Trump. Further, no one at all connected to Trump asserts an agenda beyond vague 'improving relations' crap. 

Trump states he wants to meet privately with Putin. A few people state this is not a good idea, and it's largely seen as suspicious but at this point everyone just sorta lets him do his dumb shit, I guess? That was my thinking at the time.

Trump meets with Putin. They meet privately for two hours. They finish and just after have the press conference yesterday.

Trump kisses Putin's ass, of course.

THEN...everyone loses their shit (seemingly, this could all fade away in two days) and you've got everyone going out of their way to call his actions treasonous, etc...seems like maybe even his own side is turning on him, or considering it.

...my question is, did his 'handlers' basically let him do this very stupid thing, knowing it would blow up in his face? I understand the president holds a fair amount of sway in that he can basically do whatever he wants, but you'd think in a situation like this, he'd have a line of people come up to him beforehand and sit him down in a dark room and tell him it's very much a bad idea for a president to meet with the currently promoted bad-guy-of-the-world and be friendly with him, particularly without any reason whatsoever. I understand it sounds like a shitty thriller but I always guessed there was some amount of truth to that sort of thing...

Anyway, conspiracy theory leanings aside, I wonder if this really was his people letting him go off the rails. Finally just caving to let his rampant stupidity run wild and stopping trying to corral him in: "If the orange goon wants to meet with fucking Putin to hang out alone for no reason at all, sure, let him, it'll blow up in his face! He'll look like a treasonous bastard, fuck him."

The whole thing just stinks to high heaven from the first mention of it, and I've been looking at it a little sideways ever since...the immediate blowup from not only the expected detractors but also some more vocal doubting from the Trump side of things just seems...fishy. I dunno. Maybe I'm just paying too much attention to it all. I mean it's not really a conspiracy if you're just letting him fuck up his own shit, right? 

edit: I forgot to mention an important part: the perfectly timed Russian-citizens indictments Friday and arrest Monday, but you can fit in where it goes...

edit edit: not saying this is a bad thing. If everyone at the high levels of government want to let Trump take himself down with his own stupid actions, I'm all for it, not sure why they didn't let that happen from the beginning tbh. But it all seems like maybe there's some coordination of 'okay, we're done, let him go and he'll tear it all down himself with his own stupidity'

Edited by auxien

Im sure some of them knew this would blow up in his face regardless of what he said. but these quotes seem like there may have been naother plan that he didnt go with:

"By contrast, a Trump administration official that was involved in the summit planning told CNN, “This was not the plan.” "

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018/07/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-helsinki-summit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-ignored-advice-putin-press-conference-helsinki-a8451111.html

Counter to the plan': Trump ignored advisers' advice over press conference with Vladimir Putin, White House insiders say

@ auxien

Yeah, I mean what did everyone expect, right? That Donnie was going to go in there and read from his handlers approved script in front of his bff Vlad? I think what you're saying about his handlers just letting him go run amuck has got to be right.

But I'm afraid like every other fuck up before this and probably so for the next 2 years (or 6), this will all blow over, Donnie will be back to firing up maga crowds, tweeting insults to anyone who disagrees with him, and will keep on arrogantly believing he is right about everything and should always trust his super businessman "insticts" and not what that fake news crap has got to say...

Okay, everyone here who pays attention knows I'm 100% anti-conspiracy theory shit. This is not a conspiracy promotion, but an honest look at a few facts (as every conspiracy theory supporter would claim of their own ideas, I note the irony). If I'm mistaken on any of this please do mention where and I'll look at it, honestly not like 'researched' anything here, just some thoughts over the last few days...

Trump decides he wants to meet with Putin. Has literally no agenda and gives no reason why. There's no excuse or even from what I've seen any hint of purpose given by Trump. Further, no one at all connected to Trump asserts an agenda beyond vague 'improving relations' crap. 

Trump states he wants to meet privately with Putin. A few people state this is not a good idea, and it's largely seen as suspicious but at this point everyone just sorta lets him do his dumb shit, I guess? That was my thinking at the time.

Trump meets with Putin. They meet privately for two hours. They finish and just after have the press conference yesterday.

Trump kisses Putin's ass, of course.

THEN...everyone loses their shit (seemingly, this could all fade away in two days) and you've got everyone going out of their way to call his actions treasonous, etc...seems like maybe even his own side is turning on him, or considering it.

...my question is, did his 'handlers' basically let him do this very stupid thing, knowing it would blow up in his face? I understand the president holds a fair amount of sway in that he can basically do whatever he wants, but you'd think in a situation like this, he'd have a line of people come up to him beforehand and sit him down in a dark room and tell him it's very much a bad idea for a president to meet with the currently promoted bad-guy-of-the-world and be friendly with him, particularly without any reason whatsoever. I understand it sounds like a shitty thriller but I always guessed there was some amount of truth to that sort of thing...

Anyway, conspiracy theory leanings aside, I wonder if this really was his people letting him go off the rails. Finally just caving to let his rampant stupidity run wild and stopping trying to corral him in: "If the orange goon wants to meet with fucking Putin to hang out alone for no reason at all, sure, let him, it'll blow up in his face! He'll look like a treasonous bastard, fuck him."

The whole thing just stinks to high heaven from the first mention of it, and I've been looking at it a little sideways ever since...the immediate blowup from not only the expected detractors but also some more vocal doubting from the Trump side of things just seems...fishy. I dunno. Maybe I'm just paying too much attention to it all. I mean it's not really a conspiracy if you're just letting him fuck up his own shit, right? 

edit: I forgot to mention an important part: the perfectly timed Russian-citizens indictments Friday and arrest Monday, but you can fit in where it goes...

edit edit: not saying this is a bad thing. If everyone at the high levels of government want to let Trump take himself down with his own stupid actions, I'm all for it, not sure why they didn't let that happen from the beginning tbh. But it all seems like maybe there's some coordination of 'okay, we're done, let him go and he'll tear it all down himself with his own stupidity' 

I think this is a great question, we can only speculate how much Trump has actually invested himself in the job. Some argue he's literally just doing this with absolutely no care for the country and completely to benefit his own personal business interests. Some fear he's literally taking the US down some right-wing populist authoritarian path. The truth is somewhere in-between. What is for certain is that Trump has opened the floodgates to corruption and subversiveness that's beyond anything any previous administration has done.

There have been so many firings and resignations form his own allies, not just nonpartisan officials, that it seems he's barely manageable. It's all about towing the line regardless. Steer here enough and he'll comply to basics of the job and suggestions of both experts as well as nut job influences. Push back on him too much and he'll fire you and try to shoot down your credibility. That's why we've seen such caution from the "babysitters" like Mattis and those at the FBI still in charge. The GOP has had so few speak out against him because the party has essentially become his operation. He's established a cabal while in office, I just don't know how much is his own doing versus his complacent. 

Yesterday was uncharted territory. It's evident that he refused to meet Putin with others in the room. So now we have an actual nonpartisan point to draw a line - already you are seeing the Trump fanatics like say, Hannity at FOX and the bots and trolls online versus a wide variety of Trump supporters who have previously defended him on just about every other issue.

I don't think it was so much a elaborate effort to pin him down with his own stupidity so much as it was an inevitable endgame.