IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

now that trumps president lets just all kill ourselves whats the point of life i swear this world is a joke, a fucking scam, what kind of retard shit is all of this, its insane and im sick of it, posadism is the answer

6 hours ago, Braintree said:

I wish I could feel that amount of joy.

Omg that clip is amazing. I’m assuming the original captions are edited. What’s the original?

2 hours ago, very honest said:

biden suspended negative ads

Hmm....

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

5 hours ago, cyanobacteria said:

now that trumps president lets just all kill ourselves whats the point of life i swear this world is a joke, a fucking scam, what kind of retard shit is all of this, its insane and im sick of it, posadism is the answer

That’s a pretty selfish thing to say tbh. Too individualist. Reeks of capitalism.

But for real don’t hurt yourself, hope you’re healthy and that’s just a pissed off rant... stay safe

• Haha 1

biden is still using the same rhetoric as is negative ads though.. when he does his on line rallies and stuff.. but yeah.. it's a bit over sensitive i think to pull negative ads.. but i'm guessing they're just playing better safe than sorry and letting other people be more out front with bashing trump while he's in hospital. that's typically how USA campaigns work.. the candidate will often stay "clean" and some other affiliate or supporter will do the dirty work. 

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

biden is still using the same rhetoric as is negative ads though.. when he does his on line rallies and stuff.. but yeah.. it's a bit over sensitive i think to pull negative ads.. but i'm guessing they're just playing better safe than sorry and letting other people be more out front with bashing trump while he's in hospital. that's typically how USA campaigns work.. the candidate will often stay "clean" and some other affiliate or supporter will do the dirty work. 

The timing of all of this just seems so convenient though...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, ignatius said:

That's how they typically go, but this isn't a typical campaign and Democrats have had a hard time coming to terms with that.

2 hours ago, Braintree said:

That's how they typically go, but this isn't a typical campaign and Democrats have had a hard time coming to terms with that.

they've had a hard time with everything.. that "you go high we go low" animated youtube pretty much says it all.  i won't be surprised if they roll out the negative ads in a week or so. they have money to spend. 

the 2nd debate is likely a no go so i'm guessing they'll find some ways to attack and let trump speak for himself.. perhaps using footage of the first debate if they can. 

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

The timing of all of this just seems so convenient though...

if all these people are testing positive it's hard to think that it's planned.. it would be the only part we could refer to as a plandemic ?

there's like 20 people in the republican inner circle who've tested positive right?  just in the last week. some of them were aware of their symptoms, like trump himself, and kept doing events. 

edit: it's also screwing with the plans to push comy barret through to the supreme court. unless their plan is to make it all an on line show with senators voting from home. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

Pulling negative ads... smdh. :facepalm:

Call me old fashioned, but I think the cruelty of the negative ads should be cranked up as high as possible, nevermind what should happen to them all in prison. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, dingformung said:

For whom though? It can only hurt Trump. The debates will probably be more focused on Covid now, which isn't anything that helps Trump.

Honestly who knows with this administration? Maybe they’ll try something crazy like try and blame a Democrat for infecting trump ?

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, Candiru said:

Pulling negative ads... smdh. :facepalm:

Call me old fashioned, but I think the cruelty of the negative ads should be cranked up as high as possible, nevermind what should happen to them all in prison. 

If Trump ended up passing away or becoming sick enough to warrant long hospital stays, it may come off looking bad for people on the fence. Beat a man while he's down kinda thing. If people don't see the hypocrisy of Trump downplaying the virus for months, and then getting it, I don't think an ad will help them see that.

I am being eaten up inside by a video a good childhood friend of mine posted on instagram of himself being interviewed at some Trump rally for some low-budget right wing propaganda vlog. My friend is black and is saying how he's a Trump supporter because Trump is a real patriot and how BLM is dangerous because it is all about "destruction" and "removal of the father in the home" and a bunch of other lies. There's some other nonsense in there about god ,and how he "reads the whole story and not just the first page, like Dems", but it's all clearly the product of someone who not only has no idea what they're talking about, but someone who is spreading the lies that they've been fed. He's so self-assured and confident and he comes across as 100% conservative propaganda jailbait. I'm torn up because I know he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier (we've had pointless "political debates" in the past that have gone nowhere because any time I bring up science or doctors or something provable, but he just says "BRO, I'm conservative!" like it's an argument winning statement or something completely ludicrous with zero basis in facts or evidence... plus, I'm 100% convinced he views himself as the black Tom Cruise in the unmade Mission Impossible movie that he views reality as), but he's actively spreading lies and it's making me insane.

Is it worth engaging?

I hate these times we're living in so much. This is painful. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

59 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

I am being eaten up inside by a video a good childhood friend of mine posted on instagram of himself being interviewed at some Trump rally for some low-budget right wing propaganda vlog. My friend is black and is saying how he's a Trump supporter because Trump is a real patriot and how BLM is dangerous because it is all about "destruction" and "removal of the father in the home" and a bunch of other lies. There's some other nonsense in there about god ,and how he "reads the whole story and not just the first page, like Dems", but it's all clearly the product of someone who not only has no idea what they're talking about, but someone who is spreading the lies that they've been fed. He's so self-assured and confident and he comes across as 100% conservative propaganda jailbait. I'm torn up because I know he's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier (we've had pointless "political debates" in the past that have gone nowhere because any time I bring up science or doctors or something provable, but he just says "BRO, I'm conservative!" like it's an argument winning statement or something completely ludicrous with zero basis in facts or evidence... plus, I'm 100% convinced he views himself as the black Tom Cruise in the unmade Mission Impossible movie that he views reality as), but he's actively spreading lies and it's making me insane.

Is it worth engaging?

engage at your peril. i have a long running political meme etc type chat with someone who's conservative and drinks some of the kool-aid about antifa etc.. so we get into it some times and there's somedays when i just can't and don't engage. if you're going to get into it you should be up for it.. but i wouldn't make a mission. i try to be open minded and just ask questions and then send some long form type explanations once in a while or the right youtube video. just gotta remember that some people who are really over the bend are just operating with a totally warped perspective in fantasy land. 

fp3btsrc03r51.jpg?width=432&auto=webp&s=

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Burger 2

16 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Is it worth engaging?

those conversations are where the rubber meets the road. persuasion and mobilization are all electoral activism is. if you want to participate, there is a case teed up. 

you don't have to win, you can just just

• provide the person with the experience of good faith, skeptical discussion
  • tell them some data points maybe they didn't know
  • call out some bad information sources
  • share some info sources you like or consider good, and say why you do
  • encourage them to check assertions, using different sources. consumers of information really have to be like scientists. scientists try to disprove their conclusions. 
  • discuss the problem of organized deception, and its utilization of the web, and user data, which is successfully deceiving large amounts of people 

maybe you can move the needle. propagandists make up appeals to emotion, are there genuinely motivating arguments that are true? for example, you could mention unconsenting sterilization of detained immigrants, or deception and corruption about the greenhouse gas emergency.

if someone has a big, elaborate christmas tree of fallacies, do not worry that you have to address every one. try to find the trunk, take aim for the load-bearing argument, to break the overarching mess and shut them down, hopefully.

also, the mobilization part works both ways. if you want biden to win them you want to mobilize the left voters, get them to actually show up and vote. and you want the republican voters to stay home. so weakening dude's confidence could help.

there are chain reactions and sometimes viral consequences. individuals you affect will go on to affect others, or not. if they are beacons of deception, weakening their confidence can be a win.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 3