IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I'm somewhat surprised the repubs initial response wasn't trying to weave this into some sort of conspiracy theory of the left trying to impact elections?

their followers are. they're even claiming this has all been setup by the MSM to blame conservatives before the midterms

I'm somewhat surprised the repubs initial response wasn't trying to weave this into some sort of conspiracy theory of the left trying to impact elections?

their followers are. they're even claiming this has all been setup by the MSM to blame conservatives before the midterms

ye, the false flag narrative is the one being shared around in the righty circles

ye, the false flag narrative is the one being shared around in the righty circles

https://twitter.com/TheBeatWithAri/status/1055230515710701569

the fuck is that link? wtf is OATH and why they want my data? 

here's an alternate link

https://punchng.com/khashoggis-body-parts-reportedly-found-in-saudi-consul-generals-garden/

Edited by ignatius

Why do people hate George Soros? I think people are confusing him for Sheldon Adelson.

Because he (supposedly) was a prominent donor to Clinton's campaign in 2016. And baby Nazis always need a bogeyman to solidify their cause.

I think ironic humor has a radicalization effect on insufficiently developed brains

Yeah... I've had this same thought for a while now, ever since the alt right kind of ruined offensive humour for the rest of us.  There was a time where you could make the most tasteless jokes about whatever and it was a given that you said it with a heaping dose of irony.  Now you have to explain that "one in the front, one in the back, 6 million in the ashtray" is meant to be the most horrible thing ever and not your misanthropic wet-dream.

I mean... what you said should be taken as a joke, because it's completely preposterous on the surface of it... but I think we really have reached that point.  

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I think ironic humor has a radicalization effect on insufficiently developed brains

Yeah... I've had this same thought for a while now, ever since the alt right kind of ruined offensive humour for the rest of us.  There was a time where you could make the most tasteless jokes about whatever and it was a given that you said it with a heaping dose of irony.  Now you have to explain that "one in the front, one in the back, 6 million in the ashtray" is meant to be the most horrible thing ever and not your misanthropic wet-dream.

I mean... what you said should be taken as a joke, because it's completely preposterous on the surface of it... but I think we really have reached that point.  

It's kind of like the brain is a mish-mash of semi-random signals and our personalities and ethics filter them and prevent us from having tourette's, and internet anonymity has allowed some of the filters for fascist ideals to atrophy in their brains since they no longer have to be limited in expression to IRL scenarios where they have social shame to encourage filtering of these things, and then when it stops being filtered in normal situations instead of only in anonymous social in-group scenarios online, it becomes who they actually are instead of just a joke anymore

Edited by Zeffolia