IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Jesus, Trump really hit all the scare points on that op-ed.

The Don-dog looks like he just shat himself and is trying to assess the best course of action. Dude sitting next to him has already caught the first whiff.

i registered as R in TX cuz i was afraid of getting purged lol

I have for a few elections in order to vote for the lesser evil in some niche primaries and for the many state offices that are always Republicans, I guess it's also a failsafe way to not worry about being purged...never thought of that before

'part from Lincoln and Eisenhower it's just cunts (yes, Teddy did some good things, still a cunt).

Yeah Teddy's domestic achievements - basically ushering in progressive reforms and regulations as we know it - is def hampered by his literal involvement in ushering in American imperialism

He and Ike are among my favorite presidents of the 20th century, JFK and FDR being up there among the Dems. Carter is arguably the most moral but he was a tragic victim of bad timing, more of a well meaning but doomed palette cleanser the way Obama was after W.

in north dakota, native americans living on reservations cannot have street addresses. the USPS requires they use PO Boxes. the GOP-controlled ND government made it so in order to vote you need an ID with a street address. these people are roughly 10% of the ND population. they are supporters of Senate democrat Heidi Heitkamp.

where are the people who say both sides are the same? the GOP looks like a hostile faction taking control by any means. it's not even hidden well. how lame that we don't get up from our chairs to stop them.

Edited by very honest

in north dakota, native americans living on reservations cannot have street addresses. the USPS requires they use PO Boxes. the GOP-controlled ND government made it so in order to vote you need an ID with a street address. these people are roughly 10% of the ND population. they are supporters of Senate democrat Heidi Heitkamp.

where are the people who say both sides are the same? the GOP looks like a hostile faction taking control by any means. it's not even hidden well. how lame that we don't get up from our chairs to stop them.

And these voters are likely the same folks who stood up to DAPL and the Morton County sheriff's department @ Standing Rock two years ago. Seems like they never stop getting shat on.

Edited by ambermonk

America has spent the money to prevent places like Russia from expanding. We've lost out on things like public services and infrastructure because of it. Now with Trump, Europe is getting antsy and I'd be nervous if I was European and you had to start spending shitloads on military to keep status quo.

America has spent the money to prevent places like Russia from expanding. We've lost out on things like public services and infrastructure because of it. Now with Trump, Europe is getting antsy and I'd be nervous if I was European and you had to start spending shitloads on military to keep status quo.

I suspect a bit of a US-bias in the way you say

and you had to start spending shitloads on military to keep status quo.

Because, who says you have to spend shitloads to keep status quo? Which status quo? Why spend shitloads? And keeping status quo is done with military force? Why military force?

You're from the US, right?

Spend a couple of years and Europe and you'll understand we see things differently. From the US it might look like Europe is leaning on the US to use military force. From Europe it looks like the US is creating more problems with their use of military force. Europe tries to settle things through diplomacy and politics. (US as well, btw. At least, in the good old days) And diplomacy and politics is a lot less media-sexy than violence perhaps, but hey, being boring can be a good asset!

You'll not see Europe violently enforcing some kind of status quo even if the US dropped their entire military force overnight. Not going to happen, as military force is simply not seen as something necessary to keep status quo. I'm trying to think of some kind of status quo Europe would be fighting for and can't really think of one. World peace perhaps? Or do you expect an invasion of the UK because the EU likes to keep the status quo?

lol, you always ask the stupidest questions. being pro or anti-American does not enter into the facts of how the international power balance (currently) works. what do you think NATO does, hold flower rallies and group orgies? try telling the Crimea that military force is not necessary to deter Russian aggression, or the Baltics. they will laugh in your face.

Edited by usagi

Because, who says you have to spend shitloads to keep status quo? Which status quo? Why spend shitloads? And keeping status quo is done with military force? Why military force?

Spend a couple of years and Europe and you'll understand we see things differently. From the US it might look like Europe is leaning on the US to use military force. From Europe it looks like the US is creating more problems with their use of military force. Europe tries to settle things through diplomacy and politics. (US as well, btw. At least, in the good old days) And diplomacy and politics is a lot less media-sexy than violence perhaps, but hey, being boring can be a good asset!

You'll not see Europe violently enforcing some kind of status quo even if the US dropped their entire military force overnight. Not going to happen, as military force is simply not seen as something necessary to keep status quo. I'm trying to think of some kind of status quo Europe would be fighting for and can't really think of one. World peace perhaps? Or do you expect an invasion of the UK because the EU likes to keep the status quo?

I think the US military is bloated as well, but who do you want at the top, the US or China?

Defense_Spending_by_Country_2010-570x288

Edited by Zeffolia

I think the US military is bloated as well, but who do you want at the top, the US or China?

Ehm, none of them really.

lol, you always ask the stupidest questions. being pro or anti-American does not enter into the facts of how the international power balance (currently) works. what do you think NATO does, hold flower rallies and group orgies? try telling the Crimea that military force is not necessary to deter Russian aggression, or the Baltics. they will laugh in your face.

where does the pro or anti-american angle come from?

i'm guessing you assume "US-bias" implies a pro-anti american angle? i'm only guessing here. with a US-bias i actually meant: having a US-perspective. or, looking at the world through the eyes of someone living in the US.

so yeah. another stupid question. to your incredibly thoughtful response. ;)

love, godz

edit: also, you should give Trump advice about what NATO does. 

Edited by goDel

https://global.handelsblatt.com/politics/germany-nato-defense-military-budget-960096

http://uk.businessinsider.com/uk-german-military-practice-mobility-logistics-before-trident-juncture-2018-10

Edited by caze

You realize that European countries (and of course any countries) could kick the US military out at any point in time if they wanted to, right? Not saying it would be easy or smart for them to do, but it's very much possible: and the fact that in general they don't (to my knowledge) is my point. If they're allowing American forces to keep bases and operations there, there's a reason for it. I'm not going to pretend to understand the complex reasoning for any of the particular choices of these countries, but it's obviously not as simple as "US aggressive and dumb and they're the real enemy!" that you're implying.

tl;dr America is aggressive and dumb in lots of places around the world but those places allow us to stay there so it's partly their own fault :)