IGNORED

Nobody here tell us who is giganomz ?

Aphex_Squarepusher_Twin

It's free : https://giganomz.bandcamp.com/album/amibooble-analoggle-ep

& we can c it in : https://www.discogs.com/fr/artist/4575455-Giganomz

Producer is Karen Tregaskin...

Tell me more if u know it, about this EP/release & if there is a little story...

Thanks! ;-)

What I can't work out is this Xelhper label/distributor. How did they get permission to distribute the Rushup Edge digital version?! https://www.discogs.com/label/1082284-Xelhper

They most likely didn't and just added it to get attention, and now we are giving it to them. I already removed the "Karen Tregaskin" credits on that release in OP, will delete this too...

It would be hilarious if Rich was putting music out there that delibarately sounds like "fake" afx just to have a laugh, about fans saying it sounds fake

?

It would be hilarious if Rich was putting music out there that delibarately sounds like "fake" afx just to have a laugh, about fans saying it sounds fake

It is just the sort of thing he would do to be honest. Quite how some posters can be so arrogant about who is and isn't him after the Soundcloud issue is incredible.

It is just the sort of thing he would do to be honest. Quite how some posters can be so arrogant about who is and isn't him after the Soundcloud issue is incredible.

Nice dig, maybe give some actual proof?

Unfortunately I've been wading through dicks pretending to be AFX since the Napster days, it's quite easy now actually. 99% of the time it's just not. Usually the fans who want it to be the merry prankster James so badly again they can't simply deduct anymore. Occam's Razor innit.

Literally everyone can take a track from the sc dump, put it on bandcamp with some short soundforge noise presets and credit it to Karen Tregaskin on discogs. What makes this stand out in any way? Why should anyone care about this particularly?

If there was some actual unreleased sounding music on here to be compared then fair enough, but this is just some bored American learning about IDM by making a label name with an X in it because that was cool in the techno scene in 1992, then stealing someone else's work and trying to get attention with it. Like all the hundreds of fake MySpace, soundcloud and bandcamp pages, it's just exploiting gullible AFX fans. Quite lucrative apparently.

Unfortunately I've been wading through dicks pretending to be AFX since the Napster days, it's quite easy now actually. 99% of the time it's just not. Usually the fans who want it to be the merry prankster James so badly again they can't simply deduct anymore. Occam's Razor innit.

Literally everyone can take a track from the sc dump, put it on bandcamp with some short soundforge noise presets and credit it to Karen Tregaskin on discogs. What makes this stand out in any way? Why should anyone care about this particularly?

If there was some actual unreleased sounding music on here to be compared then fair enough, but this is just some bored American learning about IDM by making a label name with an X in it because that was cool in the techno scene in 1992, then stealing someone else's work and trying to get attention with it. Like all the hundreds of fake MySpace, soundcloud and bandcamp pages, it's just exploiting gullible AFX fans. Quite lucrative apparently.

Yeah, i agree. This stuff sounds verry boring and fake,

Butt, Rich ís always playing with this idea of alter ego,s and the "value" of fame. Think about what he does with the image of his face, Denying being some of his alliases, The beginning of the sc dump. Hiding under his table, and today selling records for €20 of wich he knows they will sell for €650 the next day(most fuckin amazing stunt ever)... Stuff like that. I think it,s brilliant. And also kind of like, he is creating this situation, of people pretending to be him. Himself. It,s irritating, butt also an hillarious social phenomenon. Or somethig like that....

Guest bitroast

you mean like when aphex twin uploaded like 22 hours worth of unreleased music ranging from SAW85-92/polygon window/earlier through to his most recent work and it started as an anonymous soundcloud account ? wouldn't it be wild if he did something like that but with no actual substance and instead just uploaded cut up versions of existing aphex twin songs.

anything is possible, but this ain't him, and it's not even that close. arrangements are a no, gear is a no, no tuning stuff. just na man.

i remember the sc dump thread developing and i think if you go back and look at it, a consensus THIS IS NOT A DRILL developed very quickly. this board is probably the best AFX recognition machine the world has. because dudes have been doing this forever and they recognize gear, techniques, and material from bootlegs.

that being said, because we all secretly or not-secretly think that, this board is the perfect mark for a FAKE AFX BUT REAL AFX prank. and his microtuning habits are still something i don't have a good grasp on, so yeah, there's a chance my assessment is off an i'm a dope :)

you mean like when aphex twin uploaded like 22 hours worth of unreleased music ranging from SAW85-92/polygon window/earlier through to his most recent work and it started as an anonymous soundcloud account ? wouldn't it be wild if he did something like that but with no actual substance and instead just uploaded cut up versions of existing aphex twin songs.

Yeah, i agree. This stuff sounds verry boring and fake,
Butt, Rich ís always playing with this idea of alter ego,s and the "value" of fame. Think about what he does with the image of his face, Denying being some of his alliases, The beginning of the sc dump. Hiding under his table, and today selling records for €20 of wich he knows they will sell for €650 the next day(most fuckin amazing stunt ever)... Stuff like that. I think it,s brilliant. And also kind of like, he is creating this situation, of people pretending to be him. Himself. It,s irritating, butt also an hillarious social phenomenon. Or somethig like that....

Guest bitroast

yeah i approached the sc thread with HEAVY skepticism and wasn't convinced at first .. i've def been conditioned that way thanks to the countless fakes that have surfaced (afx, autechre, boc, etc.) .. but again, with the sc it didn't take long to put the pieces together and realise nope this is totally legit. 

so yeah i get what is being suggested. that something legitimate could be released and be treated as fake thanks to overblown skepticism. but ... this def aint it lol. furthermore. this isn't even interesting ? it's like, if this specific bandcamp was real, it's still not interesting on a musical level ? 

Archived