IGNORED

Monomachine Compilation Tracks

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im yrev very excxitexd about this one! Even more then i was about the tribute to no headphones comp. My track is a 11 min long jam and itz good enough but still i wish i had more time to mix it in daw...

lol I just finished another track tonight if you have space for two from me :P

I'd rather get more artists than more tracks from the artists already on the comp.

Yeah definitely fair. I changed my mind and would rather keep it for an upcoming release anyway :D

Hey we can do another one ;) ...this time id go madly avant-garde

Only covers of subrange 3-36 :)

I've never listened to this before. Really nice! Reminds me of Deepchord/Echospace. Reverb is wicked. 

I've never listened to this before. Really nice! Reminds me of Deepchord/Echospace. Reverb is wicked. 

it's a masterpiece! (now i see that i wrote 3-36 instead of 6-36 :facepalm)

yes, it has that echospace sound but it's on a totally different level. this thing has nothing to do with any genre or even music per se; it's like a new reality. echospace is much more about the form.

to be able to transcend so far above a machine, beyond oneself and beyond material that'd be scarce to anybody else...one plain distorted kick, frozen drone, a plock-snare and a loop of 3-4 notes + a few micro sounds and micro variations...for 58 minutes! only AE!!! (in today's music, imo)

regarding ae<<>>elektron connections... ok, i know that monomachine is all over the quari era material but the more i use monomachine the more i hear it in overmoves and exai era too, even in elseq. i know they've said that they've been using only max/msp after quarix tour but... i wouldn't say they lied to us; maybe just they haven't told us the whole truth  :cat:

it's a masterpiece! (now i see that i wrote 3-36 instead of 6-36 :facepalm)

yes, it has that echospace sound but it's on a totally different level. this thing has nothing to do with any genre or even music per se; it's like a new reality. echospace is much more about the form.

to be able to transcend so far above a machine, beyond oneself and beyond material that'd be scarce to anybody else...one plain distorted kick, frozen drone, a plock-snare and a loop of 3-4 notes + a few micro sounds and micro variations...for 58 minutes! only AE!!! (in today's music, imo)

regarding ae<<>>elektron connections... ok, i know that monomachine is all over the quari era material but the more i use monomachine the more i hear it in overmoves and exai era too, even in elseq. i know they've said that they've been using only max/msp after quarix tour but... i wouldn't say they lied to us; maybe just they haven't told us the whole truth  :cat:

Agreed its on a different level, was just trying to find something to compare it too. The sparseness and sound choices are great and sends you into this different 'head space' when you start listening. 

I totally agree that they have been using the Monomachine for more recent material. I hear glimpses of it all the time but it could be sampled sounds or similar sounds made in Max/MSP (although why they'd bother doing that I don't know) 

I really wonder how this gonna sound! Also, we should drop it to elektronauts forum, just to see reactions... :)

Ha, I love this idea!

yeah, me too. it def makes sense - especially posting it in the monomachine forum. they would be interested for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

while you're waiting here's my new monomachine-only track...made out of patterns that i use to make track for the compilation but here's a track with more than half of the tempo, different arrangements. all mnm, recorded in one take as stereo file while mangling the patterns, as can be heard :)

it's a bit abrasive sounding, maaaybe. too much saturation on the high end at post-production but probably more due to soundcloud encoding fak-ups, i guess. my second mnm track so far, so be kind to me ;)

Im totally suprized with the mnm! This thing is such a beautiful machine. This isnt a complicated track but i believe that i havent used not even 0.00001% of mnms capabilities on this track.

https://soundcloud.com/notein/lungomare-extended

Sounds great! I really need to start using the FM machines more, they've got quite a unique sound.

Regarding the 0.00001% thing, I think it's better to think of Elektron gear's capabilities as more like possibilities, rather than features that one should feel guilty about not using all the time. If you make great tracks just by tweaking a simple pattern or two (as is my goal) then that's a perfectly good use case!

Regarding the 0.00001% thing, I think it's better to think of Elektron gear's capabilities as more like possibilities, rather than features that one should feel guilty about not using all the time. If you make great tracks just by tweaking a simple pattern or two (as is my goal) then that's a perfectly good use case!

yes, totally agree! while i was recording this track i saw many of those possibilities quite clearly (but i didnt have enough time to do anything else in real time than i did), something that i usually dont see so clearly in a plain daw environment. it must have something to do with the will of the machine. interestingly, now when i think about it, i see it in max too and even more in supercollider, which is very strange cause of almost limitless possibilities of max and sc but they have strict rules that defines them for which we could say that are their will. i must think this through...late...sleepy...

Regarding the 0.00001% thing, I think it's better to think of Elektron gear's capabilities as more like possibilities, rather than features that one should feel guilty about not using all the time. 

+1 It's about making something you like and are happy with. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it. I might try and do a few melodic, slow bpm tracks. 

Also Notein, dig the tune, especially on a rare sunny day in England... I know that the Monomachine can do dark tones but it does tend to have a 'sunny' feel to it, maybe it's the higher frequencies? Was listening to Quaristice whilst sunbathing the other day, highly recommended! 

Also Notein, dig the tune, especially on a rare sunny day in England... I know that the Monomachine can do dark tones but it does tend to have a 'sunny' feel to it, maybe it's the higher frequencies? Was listening to Quaristice whilst sunbathing the other day, highly recommended! 

it's funny how ppl differently see/hear mnm. to some it has a 'bright' tone, some 'digital', to some 'warm', to others 'digital and intimate'. i kind of agree with you, it has that 'sunny' feeling...it is digital and it sounds like one but in a good way imo and to me it's also warm, rounded and intimate 

quaristice is a proper late-summer album imo with a few space/dark/sf moments. 

I'm hoping the next elektron compilation could extend to one of the 4 I have :) I would have loved to use the A4 for this comp.

Archived