IGNORED

Monomachine Compilation Tracks

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chesney

OOOPS, careless. Expert Twiddle Knobbers.

Would be better if we could get a better shot of the screen where everything is relevant.

Maybe could do a shot of each persons screen with the title and artist name in the kit or something.

OOOPS, careless. Expert Twiddle Knobbers.

Would be better if we could get a better shot of the screen where everything is relevant.

Maybe could do a shot of each persons screen with the title and artist name in the kit or something.

ha, I'll have to try to find where my track's pattern is stored.. great idea though!

I'd say just take a photo and maybe edit it later.

btw, if we do it this way and they need to be unified to look like screenshots, I offer my services..

Guest Chesney

How to take a screenshot on mnm? Cant find it in the manual...

ya loon! ;)

Yeah, take a photo unless someone wants to make up a page for each track/artist and take a pic so they are all the same... Modey?

But of course, we don't have to go with this artwork, if someone has any ideas? Mine was just a generic obvious idea.

I was going to draw a cartoon of a square trig button punching a round one and shouting "i'm still relevant" but I haven't got time, plus, it's a shit idea ha.

^ We dont need to have artwork for every track...
Also the idea is great imo. No need for anything else.

Edit: one more reason i'd be against the ''i'm still relevant'' idea is cause i've been playing with the title of my track that so far is Silver Mono Lit (from silver monolith, of course) . afaik english lit is a past simple of the verb light and im still relevand is present perfect, right? so, it wont do...  :cat:

Guest Chesney

Ah that's cool man. like I said this was only a quick generic idea to get people thinking about artwork, not seen anybody talk about it so wasn't sure if anything was in hand. All good.

We have a good number of submissions! If anyone else wants to submit anything in the next few days, go for it.

I started mastering a couple tracks and there is some great stuff. :)

Guest Chesney

Ha, i'm sure it's good shit! I played very safe with mine to be honest, it's nice enough but not going to light any fires.

Looking forward to hearing how different everyones approaches are.

12 Tracks! Good work, all.

I have them all mastered and peace is getting inspired by the music for the artwork.

Really looking forward to this. I've never heard a monomachine only track except my own so want to hear what can be done. 

I actually did quite a few for last year's Weekly Beats. It ended up being really nice for getting going fast but I got kind of burnt out on it. I think this is my first once since then.

Buromaschinen did a handful a couple years back and it was some of his best stuff. Can't seem to find them online anymore; I'll have to bug him about it. 

And yeah I'm looking forward to hearing the others too :)

wow, that's a great track, lovely sound design

I could never get the SRR to sound so crisp, I must be doing something wrong!

wow, that's a great track, lovely sound design

I could never get the SRR to sound so crisp, I must be doing something wrong!

Yeah, I'm not sure how he does it other than loads of practice. He's got more aesthetic/emotive skill on that machine than anyone else I've seen. He's also a designer so the pollination of that into his music is probably as much a factor as anything else.

Also I'm guessing he has more or less the whole track running into a master compressor which I don't do often enough - I seem to have a weird aversion to compressors lol.

That's a really nice, melodic track. Sunday morning IDM jamz. 

Do we know when the compilation will be out? 

Probably before the end of June, beginning of July.

Archived