IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Young woman in coffeeshop: ".... they're Jewish, right? That religion doesn't make sense to me. *chuckles* I don't get it."

Man in coffee shop , "type type type". Looks up at dumb woman, chuckles to himself , looks back down to laptop, "type type type" , *clenches butt*

I mean, yeah. lol

i want more zephyr nova word uprise investigation posts

make it a ting

"ting" reached an all time usage low in 1999, and it's usage increased only marginally between then and 2008.  The dictionary usage chart unfortunately doesn't go beyond that year, for reasons unknown to me.  This is most unfortunate, as I suspect there has been a major spike in the usage of "ting" since the release of GTA IV and it's highly memorable racist Jamaican stereotype character.  That game was released conveniently the same year this chart stops:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=ting&case_insensitive=on&year_start=1818&year_end=2018&corpus=15&smoothing=7&share=&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cting%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bting%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BTing%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BTING%3B%2Cc0

Interestingly, "poop" usage is the highest its been since the end of WWII, and has been on a steady rise since grunge broke (at least it was in 2008).  This is after the 80's almost wiped it out entirely.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=poop&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cpoop%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bpoop%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BPoop%3B%2Cc0

Trader Joe's Crisp Rice Cereal doesn't make much noise.

Man you're lucky to have a Trader Joe's. Chocolate-coated potato chips are one of my favorite treats of all time. We don't have one where I live and it's for a stupid reason.

That snack has been discontinued due to poor sales.

i want more zephyr nova word uprise investigation posts

make it a ting

"ting" reached an all time usage low in 1999, and it's usage increased only marginally between then and 2008.  The dictionary usage chart unfortunately doesn't go beyond that year, for reasons unknown to me.  This is most unfortunate, as I suspect there has been a major spike in the usage of "ting" since the release of GTA IV and it's highly memorable racist Jamaican stereotype character.  That game was released conveniently the same year this chart stops:

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=ting&case_insensitive=on&year_start=1818&year_end=2018&corpus=15&smoothing=7&share=&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cting%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bting%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BTing%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BTING%3B%2Cc0

Interestingly, "poop" usage is the highest its been since the end of WWII, and has been on a steady rise since grunge broke (at least it was in 2008).  This is after the 80's almost wiped it out entirely.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=poop&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cpoop%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bpoop%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BPoop%3B%2Cc0

watmm needs a "like" button.

Also, "like" has been on a steady uprise in usage since the mid 70's, long before the facebooks made it infamous.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?year_start=1800&year_end=2008&corpus=15&smoothing=7&case_insensitive=on&content=like&direct_url=t4%3B%2Clike%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Blike%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BLike%3B%2Cc0

I know people who have had to take polygraphs for their jobs. I’ve also heard clenching yo butt is how people cheat them. The wacky world of spies and the spying spies who spy on them.

As always, the solution lies in butts.

I bet several 2020 political candidates will roll with some variation of "perfect vision" for their campaign slogans.

I'd vote for Visions of Truth

#killabear #sacredvisiontea #whitebird2020

Damn, I miss playing that game.  I stopped after the hdmi input on my tv died several years back.  Never bothered looking into getting it fixed.  My life is probably better for it.  But I do look back fondly on my xbox days.

I've never understood people that walk into a room, and start a conversation with "yeah..." then begin to talk like you walked into someone else's conversation. It's like they've been having an internal discussion with themselves, and you're just the one unlucky enough to have to hear them think out loud.

Yeah... I've never understood people that walk into a room, and start a conversation with "yeah..." then begin to talk like you walked into someone else's conversation. It's like they've been having an internal discussion with themselves, and you're just the one unlucky enough to have to hear them think out loud.

It's like they've been having an internal discussion with themselves, and you're just the one unlucky enough to have to hear them think out loud.

I have some degree of social anxiety (not crippling, I still speak to large groups and give presentations, teach classes etc) but I catch myself starting a conversation with "uhh..yeah" sometimes and frequently it's where I didn't have confidence going into the discussion. Self talking through scenarios is something one with anxiety does frequently. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj