IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

Person 1: “That’s not what your mom said last night.”

Person 2: “My mom’s dead.”

Person 1: “She’s still alive in my spank bank.”

Person 2: “You’re hired!”

There ought to be a "laughing on the inside" internet shorthand. LOTI. Then we can also have rolling lotis which could then trigger more rolling lols.

Rolling lotis sounds like a yoga position ?

I almost started a topic here on climate change, but cancelled. Wasn't sure that it would go over well.

im sure we already have had a couple, no?

I searched twice, but so far saw no thread with that actual title. But as a problem it's rather obvious anyway.

Also a completely unrelated observation/realization: in UK (proper) English, the word "indeed" appears to be synonymous with "in fact" in American English, for the purpose of emphasizing truth of an assertion.

The use of the word "indeed" in literature peaked in 1739 and has been on the steady decline throughout the 1800's to 2000, indeed by 1995 its usage was lower than it had been since 1590.  It has however been growing in popularity since Y2K, possibly due in part to hipster irony trends.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?content=indeed&case_insensitive=on&year_start=1500&year_end=2015&corpus=15&smoothing=7&share=&direct_url=t4%3B%2Cindeed%3B%2Cc0%3B%2Cs0%3B%3Bindeed%3B%2Cc0%3B%3BIndeed%3B%2Cc0

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Would be pretty weird if humans hopped instead of ran. We would think it was normal I guess but we'd still know it was stupid looking, I think.

I have nothing against kangaroos or frogs crickets or any hopping animals, some have pretty interesting and impressive hops. But human hops would be pretty short and silly.