IGNORED

Cryptocurrency as the next significant stage for computing technology, not just an investment

andihow

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, usagi said:

but muh future of humanity!

Who’s going to do the get rich to save the world now? Is this the end for “effective altruism” philosophy? 💩

6 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Who’s going to do the get rich to save the world now? Is this the end for “effective altruism” philosophy? 💩

I was more referring to the fact that crypto was touted as the next stage of human evolution in the original thread title before it got edited and mashed together with another thread

• Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 10:28 PM, usagi said:

I was more referring to the fact that crypto was touted as the next stage of human evolution in the original thread title before it got edited and mashed together with another thread

my woirds always make a lasting impact on poeple

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there's 2 parts. both parts are on podcast sites but part one is on youtube.. i suspect part 2 will be soon too. worth a listen and totally shits on michael lewis' book which apparently is justified. sounds like michael lewis (author of money ball, big short, the blindside etc) got conned by SBF's bullshit and his take on it all sucks. so these episodes are as much about michael lewis failing at the task as they are about SBF. 

it boils down to michael lewis failing to see that SBF was addicted to games (and not very at them) and also had ADD and not a "super brain" and was not very good at doing the things he was doing but somehow owned a bank

part two

this is supposed to be a good book about crypto

https://www.powells.com/book/number-go-up-9780593443811

"Number Go Up" by Zeek Faux

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

the finance people are saying buy now! buy now! buy now! and you'll get rich:

https://www.fool.com/investing/2024/01/03/1-cryptocurrency-to-buy-before-soars-685-wall-stre/

bitcoin = 100% investment opportunity, capitalism at its finest. it's all about making yourself tons of $$$$. nothing more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

BlackRock CEO Larry Fink, in an interview with CNBC, expressed his support for the approval of Bitcoin ETFs, stating that they are just the first step towards the tokenization of financial assets. He emphasized that ETFs are "step one in the technological revolution in the financial markets," and that "step two is going to be the tokenization of every financial asset."

https://www.cnbc.com/video/2024/01/12/blackrock-ceo-larry-fink-bitcoin-etf-approvals-are-just-stepping-stones-towards-tokenization.html

https://blockworks.co/news/blackrock-etf-outperforming-bitcoin

41 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

some of this is a bit tinfoil hat for me and goes back to the old conspiracy idea of digital money and the "they" who control everything turning off your money if you act up.. but other parts of it make sense. she has written about bitcoin and imagines a pretty dark dystopia and has left the country and moved to chile w/her kids. 

still.. some interesting takes about any mainstream financial apparatus endorsing bitcoin. 

A decade ago, Bitcoin appeared to many of its adherents to be the crypto-anarchist holy grail: truly private digital cash for the internet.

Bitcoin was, in fact, the opposite of untraceable—that its blockchain would actually allow researchers, tech companies, and law enforcement to trace and identify users with even more transparency than the existing financial system

https://www.wired.com/story/27-year-old-codebreaker-busted-myth-bitcoins-anonymity/

On 1/13/2024 at 6:16 AM, ignatius said:

idk what the fuck all this nonsense is but I'm considering throwing my life savings into crytpo to get into the pants of the woman on the left.

• Thanks 1
  • Farnsworth 2

2 hours ago, usagi said:

idk what the fuck all this nonsense is but I'm considering throwing my life savings into crytpo to get into the pants of the woman on the left.

i saw her on national news broadcast being a talking head to answer some questions about the trading crypto news stuff recently

edit: you mean stage left or our left?

Edited by ignatius